Almost Silent Thread for New Orleans

This will be my last post until this thing is pass us. This is the storm that we have feared for many many years, and it's coming in like it would in a movie script, only it's reality.

Guys and Gals, please pray for us as we get through this. Reality is, if you don't hear from me in about 3 or 4 weeks, well then I didn't make it.

I don't usually get scared of much, but I am not afraid to admit this storm has me scared to death. Take care everyone and I have all intentions to be back posting on here in a couple days/weeks when humanity is restored.

GO BILLS!!!!!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be my last post until this thing is pass us. This is the storm that we have feared for many many years, and it's coming in like it would in a movie script, only it's reality.

Guys and Gals, please pray for us as we get through this. Reality is, if you don't hear from me in about 3 or 4 weeks, well then I didn't make it.

I don't usually get scared of much, but I am not afraid to admit this storm has me scared to death. Take care everyone and I have all intentions to be back posting on here in a couple days/weeks when humanity is restored.

GO BILLS!!!!!

420929[/snapback]

Stay strong JBUF my bro.

GO BILLS!!!!!

420929[/snapback]

I went through Iniki in Hawaii, and also when they evacuated Savannah. I understand. Everyone there has my prayers and remember, it's not too late for the miracles.

GO BILLS!!!!!

420929[/snapback]

Good luck.

GO BILLS!!!!!

420929[/snapback]

You HAVE left town, haven't you? Just talked to a good friend (finally, phone lines into NO are pretty jammed), she changed her mind last night and is getting the hell out...but she had to leave her dogs behind. With her neighbor, who thinks "riding it out" is a good idea. :D Sounds like enough people are doing that, that the death toll could be very bad if it hits NO head-on.

Stay safe.

I hope you're getting out of NO before it hits, CBB.  From the sound of it, it doesn't seem like that's the case.  I hope I'm reading that wrong.

420938[/snapback]

Houma (where he lists his location) is about halfway between Morgan City and New Orleans. Hopefully it is well outside the "bowl".

I lived on Guam for years and dealt with a few F-5 typhoons and I know one thing for sure...when the surface temp of the water is above 90 degrees these things dont fizzle out...get the hell out of new orleans. I work at a marriott here in san antone and hotels all around the area are booking up with folks from LA so that is a good sign

Good God.

I'm praying for all the people of New Orleans. Mandatory evacuation orders have been made for the city and the suburbs.

If you can't make it out, best piece of advice is head to the Superdome. They are already taking people in...sit in the upper deck.

Mike

You HAVE left town, haven't you?  Just talked to a good friend (finally, phone lines into NO are pretty jammed), she changed her mind last night and is getting the hell out...but she had to leave her dogs behind.  With her neighbor, who thinks "riding it out" is a good idea.  :D  Sounds like enough people are doing that, that the death toll could be very bad if it hits NO head-on. 

Stay safe.

420940[/snapback]

When I evacuate from Florida, my dog goes with me. Couldn't bare to come back to a dead dog.

Pressure just dropped down to 902 millibars...max winds up to 184 sustained winds...its gettin real ugly...NO is gonna be hurtin after this...

i hope all of our NO fans are the hell out of there...not point in trying to ride this out...