Most feared hitters in the game

THere is an article on sporsline.com, and it's about the running backs talking about who has hit them hardest. http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8772365

Steven Jackson, RB, St. Louis: "Lawyer Milloy. It was blitz pickup and I was a rookie last year, so he was going to test me. He came wide open and just gave me a nice one down the middle. He got me good."

T.J. Duckett, RB, Atlanta: "Takeo Spikes. We played them when he was in Cincy and he just brought the wood. He gets the rest of his team behind him with every big hit. That says a lot."

I would fear Spikes or Milloy more than a little guy like Winfield.

F=mv^2

Velocity is more important than mass.

It's slightly more complicated w/ respect to football contact. Where & how you hit someone definitely plays a big roll. The ability to generate speed in that small area and split second just b4 contact. Skill of course plays an important roll.

I personally wouldn't want to have Winfield hit me & I've got probably 20 pounds on him.

F=mv^2

It's slightly more complicated w/ respect to football contact.  Where & how you hit someone definitely plays a big roll.  The ability to generate speed in that small area and split second just b4 contact.  Skill of course plays an important roll.

I personally wouldn't want to have Winfield hit me & I've got probably 20 pounds on him.

419594[/snapback]

The larger difference in mass overcomes the squared velocity term as the difference in speeds are small...

:D

F=mv^2

It's slightly more complicated w/ respect to football contact.  Where & how you hit someone definitely plays a big roll.  The ability to generate speed in that small area and split second just b4 contact.  Skill of course plays an important roll.

419594[/snapback]

don't forget to use the momentum equation also! p = m * v :D

Uh, no. Unless you are perversely co-opting "F" to mean Kinetic Energy. "F" generally stands for Force which = m(dv/dt) for a moving object.

Ahh, thanks for the correction. It's amazing how edifying a google search (along w/ a little guidance) can be. Apparently better than that semester of Physics I managed to sleep through many years ago. :D

Ahh, thanks for the correction.  It's amazing how edifying a google search (along w/ a little guidance) can be.  Apparently better than that semester of Physics I managed to sleep through many years ago. :blink:

419681[/snapback]

No sweat. I even gave you the factor of 2 in the K.E. term. :D

I, unfortunately, had to sleep through many years of Physics courses before deciding not to do it for a living. :lol: