Do the Texnas scare you?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of years ago (when Carr was a rookie) I opened a pack of football cards that I bought and got this special mail in this special David Carr card... To receive your prize type deal. So I mailed it in and like a month later I got a pretty big package in the mail. I had no clue who it was from. When I opened it it was a David Carr autographed jersey. I almost fainted. Pretty cool huh? I just secretly pray for his success (but not against the Bills). Limited 1/255.

Your post got me curious (I couldn't name many beyond Carr and Johnson), so I looked at the roster on www.houstontexans.com. Not a lot of household names, but:

Marcus Coleman -- didn't he score a TD vs. the Bills on a Bledsoe interception a few years ago when he was with the Jets? Or was it RJ?

DaShon Polk -- former Bill, right?

Benny Joppru -- TE who's usually injured, wasn't he supposed to be a sleeper Bills draft pick about three years ago (meaning people on this board wanted him a lot; who knows what TD thought of him . . .).

the texans are one of those teams that always seem to be on the cusp of the playoffs but just can't get over the hump. i think this year is no different. carr is still a middle of the road QB. the defense is good but not great. andre johnson is a stud, and davis is a decent RB.

buffalo should be favored by about 5 1/2 in the opener.

to answer your question...i'm not "scared" but it's foolish not to respect any opponent in this league.

QB David Carr

QB Tony Banks

RB Domanick Davis

WR Andre Johnson

WR Corey Bradford

DT Gary Walker

CB Dunta Robinson

CB Philip Buchanon

DE Jason Babin

S Marcus Coleman

That's all I can name. While I do think that the Bills can and should win the opener aginst the Texans, I would answer, yes this team scares me.

The Texans have gotten better each year, their biggest problem is that they are in a tough division and have to play the Colts & Jags twice a year.

This is a team I would not take lightly, I believe they will be in the playoff hunt this year.

This year's opener against the Texans is exactly like last year's opener against the Jags. It will matter tremendously when playoff tiebreakers become a factor.