Is it just me

dib

He might. He might just be servicable, which is fine if the other parts are in place. There have been tons of qb's that fit that description - Bill Nelsen, Neil O'Donnell, Stan Humphries, Jim Harbaugh, Steve Grogan, Earl Morrell, Bobby Hebert, and so on - not "marquee" stars but competent qb's that minimized mistakes and maximized smarts.

415307[/snapback]

Agreed, and he may perhaps exceed those above.

He still reminds me of a young Theisman. :huh:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Show me a post where I said that.  I have stated time and again that I am disappointed in his play and right now he sucks.  I have stated my disappointment comes more from the coaches overhyping and stating how great he looked in these "private" off season sessions, and then he goes on the field and looks worse then some of the other 2nd year starters for other teams.

415304[/snapback]

You agreed with wyche when he said JP was making some boneheaded plays, but then simply ignore the fact that wyche has said some great things about JP...if you are going to use Sam's words as an arguement, try using all of them instead of conviently leaving out those that dont support your arguement...

You agreed with wyche when he said JP was making some boneheaded plays, but then simply ignore the fact that wyche has said some great things about JP...if you are going to use Sam's words as an arguement, try using all of them instead of conviently leaving out those that dont support your arguement...

415310[/snapback]

Be consistant tehn. The poster stated that JP made no mistakes and didn't ever get sacked. Yet Sam said he was making mistakes and the stats show he got sacked. I wasn't agreeing nor disagreeing, just refuting the comments from another poster who was not using any facts what so ever,.

I am not VA, but I would like to take a stab at this....

Having now seen more of JP, I am very impressed with him as an athlete. He throws crisp passes, and I am thrilled by, and grateful for his work ethic.

I think he might very well be good, but who in hell would know whether or not he will be a star!  :huh:

Do you think that he will be a star?

415295[/snapback]

bill, you are most certainly NOT VA, and that is appreciated.

i know you were very skeptical of JP prior to camp, and it's good to see you beginning to switch to a more favorable viewpoint.

in answer to your question -- IF losman learns to avoid taking unnecessary hits, then based upon what i've seen so far i do believe that he will become a top-10 QB in the league within a year or two. the only thing i think could hold him back is if he is injured as a result of his recklessness running with the ball. he already does some things you don't expect out of a young QB -- such as throwing the ball where only his receiver can get it (away from the defender).

i'm excited about the red zone production. JP has the two characteristics you need a QB to have down there -- mobility to make things happen if a play breaks down, and a rocket arm (with accuracy) to get the ball into tight spots.

i don't understand how anyone who is a bills' fan could watch losman play and not be excited by his potential. we all admit that there will be head-scratching moments. that was the gist of my first post in this thread -- nobody should expect a polished QB this season. but it will be exciting, and JP will make plays if he doesn't get his head knocked off first.

Sam's words were also that he is playing really well, and Sam spoke and acted as if he thinks Losman will be a star. Sam is extremely happy with Losman so far. Is that your opinion of Losman, too?

415291[/snapback]

Once again, exactly.... Notice how the relevant praise and positivity was completely left out , as if it wasn't even metioned. It's no different than using statistics :huh:

You know I haven't really given an opinion of JP since last week, yet people are jumping in my sh-- about it.  All I have done since is ask why others get jumped on when they question our QB choice. They have a right to their opinion.  Just as everyone who think JP is HOF bound is entitled to theirs.

415252[/snapback]

DId it ever dawn on you that maybe some of us do this because it's fun to bust your balls and get your panties in a wad? :huh::D:P

See you do have a sense of humor.  Not all we need is the other fool here to get one.

415340[/snapback]

i'll go out on a limb and assume that i'm the "fool" you reference above. i laugh when i find someone to be funny or clever. you're neither. it is fun watching you implode, however.

Be consistant tehn.  The poster stated that JP made no mistakes and didn't ever get sacked.  Yet Sam said he was making mistakes and the stats show he got sacked.  I wasn't agreeing nor disagreeing, just refuting the comments from another poster who was not using any facts what so ever,.

415312[/snapback]

I am the "another poster" and have already admitted to messing up one part of the comment I made (regarding "no sacks"). Again, I'll say it VA because I have never seen that you admit that your opinions/facts might be wrong, I generally preface things like my previous post with "I may be wrong". But again, you apparently never are. :huh:

I also responded to the comment you made about Wyche saying that JP had made boneheaded plays. I didn't see the interview. Did he say "Boneheaded"? or was that your interpretation? Just curious. I then defined what I meant by boneheaded as being glaring mental errors, rather than the more correctable physical errors. If Wyche did use the term boneheaded, I would see him defining it differently than what I did -- as I know that all QBs (as I stated in my previous post) regardless of experience sometimes run too soon, lock on to WRs ... etc. Even _____________________ (insert your opinion of the greatest QB ever) did those things in his last season in the NFL.

BTW, regarding my last question from my original post (how many INTs has JP thrown?) only one pass TO MY RECOLLECTION (another way of saying "I could be wrong" -- try learning to type that, I makes you appear smarter if you are wrong, not to mention a bit humbler) has been thrown by JP that hit a defender first (other than MAYBE the flea flicker, though there is some decrepancy on that one) and that was against INDY. Unfortunately for INDY, it was thrown so hard that the player had it hit his hands before he could react, it was tipped up and could have been INTed, but wasn't. That's another way that JP is reminding people of Favre -- the hard throws. Fortunately for us, Favre looked horrible in his first few years, slinging INTs like they were going out of style, and JP has not (yet).

EDIT: I also did not say that he made no mistakes. I simply listed three questions/areas of mistakes and stated that I did not think he made any of the three, "but I could be wrong" -- and I was wrong about the sacks. Which I have admitted a couple of times now.

I am the "another poster" and have already admitted to messing up one part of the comment I made (regarding "no sacks").  Again, I'll say it VA because I have never seen that you admit that your opinions/facts might be wrong, I generally preface things like my previous post with "I may be wrong".  But again, you apparently never are. :huh:

I also responded to the comment you made about Wyche saying that JP had made boneheaded plays.  I didn't see the interview.  Did he say "Boneheaded"? or was that your interpretation?  Just curious.  I then defined what I meant by boneheaded as being glaring mental errors, rather than the more correctable physical errors.  If Wyche did use the term boneheaded, I would see him defining it differently than what I did -- as I know that all QBs (as I stated in my previous post) regardless of experience sometimes run too soon, lock on to WRs ... etc.  Even _____________________ (insert your opinion of the greatest QB ever) did those things in his last season in the NFL.

BTW, regarding my last question from my original post (how many INTs has JP thrown?) only one pass TO MY RECOLLECTION (another way of saying "I could be wrong" -- try learning to type that, I makes you appear smarter if you are wrong, not to mention a bit humbler) has been thrown by JP that hit a defender first (other than MAYBE the flea flicker, though there is some decrepancy on that one) and that was against INDY.  Unfortunately for INDY, it was thrown so hard that the player had it hit his hands before he could react, it was tipped up and could have been INTed, but wasn't.  That's another way that JP is reminding people of Favre -- the hard throws.  Fortunately for us, Favre looked horrible in his first few years, slinging INTs like they were going out of style, and JP has not (yet).

415360[/snapback]

Oh I am wrong all the time, and in fact if you go back and read what I said last week, I have said I hope I am wrong about JP in the long run. But again lets ignore facts and focus on only what you want to read.

You may want to go back and look at Favre again. He threw 2 times the TD to INT's in his second year. Again just the facts.

Oh I am wrong all the time, and in fact if you go back and read what I said last week, I have said I hope I am wrong about JP in the long run.  But again lets ignore facts and focus on only what you want to read. 

You may want to go back and look at Favre again.  He threw 2 times the TD to INT's in his second year.  Again just the facts.

415363[/snapback]

Sorry, saying you hope you are wrong, and admitting that you are are two different things.

Just checked NFL.com

Favre

year 1 (with ATL)

5 attempts 0 completions 0 TDs 2 INTs

year 2 (with GB)

471 attempts 302 completions 18 TDs 13 INTs

year 3 (with GB)

522 attempts 318 completions 19 TDs 24 INTs

3 year total (just TDs to INTs since that was your point "just the facts")

37 TDs 39 INTs

Just the facts, VA

EDIT: Also, my point wasn't about Favre's TD-INT ratio (as I never mentioned TDs), it was simply about the high number of INTs. As you said, focus on only what you want to read

Oh I am wrong all the time, and in fact if you go back and read what I said last week, I have said I hope I am wrong about JP in the long run.  But again lets ignore facts and focus on only what you want to read. 

You may want to go back and look at Favre again.  He threw 2 times the TD to INT's in his second year.  Again just the facts.

415363[/snapback]

And you're wrong here too. Favre's 1st year in GB was actually his 2nd year in the NFL (he spent his first year in Atlanta).

His TD-INT ratio that 2nd year was 18 TDs, 13 INTS. Not bad, but not the 2 to 1 ratio you claim.

His 2nd year in GB (3rd in the NFL) was worse. 19 TDs and 24 INTS.

It wasn't until Favre's 4th year that he achieved a 2 to 1 TD/INT ratio.

415363[/snapback]

WHO needs to check his facts?

1991 -- rookie w/ ATL; threw 5 passes

1992 -- 18 TD, 13 INT

1993 -- 19 TD, 24 INT

1994 was his breakout year with 33 TD and 14 INT.

VA, do you really enjoy embarrassing yourself consistently?

Favre

year 1 (with ATL)

5 attempts 0 completions 0 TDs 2 INTs

Wow. I didn't realize that! JP was friggin' WAY better than Favre his first year! JP was 3/5 for 32 yards and only 1 INT. That's more than TWICE as good! His completion percentage was 60 friggin' points higher! And his QB rating way over 39 friggin' points better! How 'bout THEM apples, VA?!

I watched the delayed broadcast yesterday and Losman seems like a spider on a gridle. Run Forrest run. Oh look a reciever.

On the other hand Holcomb drops, plants, and fires.

OK, I'll duck now.

415093[/snapback]

umm, losman is the starter until he brakes something. Holcomb is decent, but come on he could not even play for cleveland.