Dog Smell In Carpet

TSNBDSC

... it's not urine ... it's basic dog smell ... we have a Hoover Carpet Cleaner we've used twice with your basic carpet cleaning solution ... arf ... tom

413925[/snapback]

Probably not going to happen. Give "Nature's Miracle" a try, that may work. The stuff is a bit pricey, but I found it works great.

If they've pissed, that will *never* really go away, and they'll always piss there again.

To cover up the smell of dog, I'd recommend leaving a dead carp under your couch. I promise you'll not smell the dog odor.

-Jeff

Try sprinkling table salt where it smells...leave it there and then vacuum..This also works if the dog has urinated on the carpet...gets the smell out and they won't go there again. Arm and Hammer makes a Pet Carpet deordorizer...that or Nature's Miracle will work

Try sprinkling table salt where it smells...leave it there and then vacuum..This also works if the dog has urinated on the carpet...gets the smell out and they won't go there again.  Arm and Hammer makes a Pet Carpet deordorizer...that or Nature's Miracle will work

414062[/snapback]

Do you just put the salt right on it? Or do you mix with water, and then pour on the area? Ramius just moved out and I want to get that smell out too.

You're not going to fully remove a urine smell. Won't happen. The odor is going to get into the flooring below the carpet and your dog *will* smell that. Use the A&H or the Natures Miracle to kill the smell to your human nose. Your dog will always be able to pick up the smell, though.

There are "odorless' products you can buy that are supposed to keep dogs from going there again. I've not tried them before, but I'd argue that nuking the smell to your nose and using one of those to keep the dog out would be the best approach.

If it's just pet dander/naural smell, the N&M or the pet deodorizer ought to work fine.

We've "friends" that run a kennel/train for a living, they've told us this a few times.

This is very basic and inexpensive, but just by some arm & hammer carpet cleaner. I have 2 dogs, and it works quite well.

414038[/snapback]

Arm and Hammer Pet Smell stuff works great. You simply spinkle it on the carpet, wait about 15 minutes and then vacuum and it does a great job.

Do you just put the salt right on it? Or do you mix with water, and then pour on the area? Ramius just moved out and I want to get that smell out too.

414065[/snapback]

Did you tell Ramius' girlfriend that he isn't full house-trained yet? If not, shame on you! :D

Did you tell Ramius' girlfriend that he isn't full house-trained yet?  If not, shame on you! :D

414119[/snapback]

Give it a day or so more, and he'll hafta play find the horrid odor that was my going away present...

You can sprinkle baking soda over affected area, and vaccum the next day,may need to repeat.Also try placing fresh coffee grounds in a cup, about a half cup, and place cup in the room. And leave the cup in the room for a few days, the coffee grounds will absorb the odor's and the room will smell slightly like a coffee shop. This method should reduce or elimanate the odor.If the results are not satisfactorty, carpet cleaning co.'s have masking chemical's that might resolve the issue, along with charge, quess a fifty dollar minimum charge. Good luck,hope this advice solves the issue.

Yup, and i made a dolphins logo, to represent how their 2005 season will go...

414251[/snapback]

NO!!

NO!!

You're telling me that a 4-12 team won't make the playoffs?

DOOMED.

Well, no argument here.