Coy Wire leads the league

I finally finished watching last week's game.

It was SteveWin, I think, who mentioned that Coy is among the best... at leaping onto the pile.

Wire played most of the 2nd half, and many times he was the 3rd guy in, sliding in on his knees to make sure the runner did not spring to his feet.

It's just amazing how Wire has hung on, when he seems to have NO BUSINESS playing in the NFL.

I would rather have Evan Oglesby or Marvin Ward get that roster spot.

I believe Tory Woodbury would be a better safety that Coy Wire.

Ple-e-e-e-ease, coach, make Coy Wire go away! I know he's a nice man and all, but he does not belong on this team.

Thank you, SteveWin, for your campaign...

I've been watching him do it since his rookie season. It still amazes me that so many people had formed such a strong positive opinion about him without apparently ever actually watching him play.

In the Colts game (I have not seen the GBay game yet), when the play was in front of him, he managed to whiff on the tackle.

"Hey, can't those receivers run in a straight line??? Geez, how am I supposed to catch him if he's zig-zaggin'???"

I was surprised to hear that the Bills had extended his contract thru 2006. I don't know when (or WHY) they did that...

JIM LEONHARD!!!!!!!!!!!!

413502[/snapback]

Absolutely! I love what Jim Leonhard brings to the team! I hope they find a spot for him. This kid is just an instinctive football player, who also studies his game!

His punt returns tonight may help him land a spot.

Check this story of how he studies punt returns.

Leonhard as punt returner

I LOVE THIS KID!

I seriously don't understand the Coy Wire hard on folks have. He is a back up SS who is a solid special teams player. Did I miss something?

413706[/snapback]

He's a nice guy and he's good looking...too bad he cant play football. You kinda need that in the NFL these days.

I finally finished watching last week's game.

It was SteveWin, I think, who mentioned that Coy is among the best... at leaping onto the pile.

413147[/snapback]

I believe the winner each year gets the "Zach Thomas Award".

if he works on his game, maybe he can reach the level of play of zach thomas and lead the league in tackles 5 yards from the line of scrimmage

413482[/snapback]

Doh, shoulda scrolled first... :angry:

I seriously don't understand the Coy Wire hard on folks have. He is a back up SS who is a solid special teams player. Did I miss something?

413706[/snapback]

Oh, just the parts about Koi being able to play safety, or being worth a damn on Special Teams.

Jim Leonhard in 2 preseason games has made more plays on D AND Teams than Koi has in his career. Tell me, who should make the roster?

In 2 weeks, Koi sleeps with the fishes.

Oh, just the parts about Koi being able to play safety, or being worth a damn on Special Teams.

Jim Leonhard in 2 preseason games has made more plays on D AND Teams than Koi has in his career. Tell me, who should make the roster?

In 2 weeks, Koi sleeps with the fishes.

413717[/snapback]

How did Coy lead the team in tackles yesterday then? Once again, I just don't get.

How did Coy lead the team in tackles yesterday then? Once again, I just don't get.

413720[/snapback]

Did you miss the entire "Zach Thomas" portion of the thread? Do you know why Zach always leads the Dolphins in tackles and thus goes to the Pro Bowl? Because he's the 8th guy to arrive at the pile 10 yards downfield and they still give him an assist.

Let's face it, Koi just can't cover, and doesn't break down well enough to tackle one-on-one. What the previous posters are saying is, he gets his tackles when someone else is holding onto one of the ball-carrier's legs. That limits his football usefulness to a) fetching Gatorade for those who can make plays, and b) modeling underwear.

if he works on his game, maybe he can reach the level of play of zach thomas and lead the league in tackles 5 yards from the line of scrimmage

413482[/snapback]

Year in and year out, London Fletcher leads the team in this category by far.

RTB