Ebay ? What would you do?

I won tickets to the GB game for a friend. Tunnel 4th row so its a good view of the players a wierd view of the game.

Well they have not arrived yet. The game is tomorrow. He refunded my $ to paypal and said he was sorry. He was very nice writing to answer me in my search for why the tickets are not here yet when I paid $5 for shipping. He just put them in a regular envelope and dropped them in the mail from CA.

Do I leave negative feedback or just forget about it? The negative feedback lasts for a year. He has several hundred positives.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

leave him neutral feedback... stating that the tix didn't arrive on time even when you paid extra for them to, but he was polite and did refund your money.

that's what I would do... let's people know that he is still pretty honest but there was a mix up. Neutrals really don't hurt the seller that much

I won tickets to the GB game for a friend.  Tunnel 4th row so its a good view of the players a wierd view of the game.

Well they have not arrived yet. The game is tomorrow. He refunded my $ to paypal and said he was sorry. He was very nice writing to answer me in my search for why the tickets are not here yet when I paid $5 for shipping. He just put them in a regular envelope and dropped them in the mail from CA.

Do I leave negative feedback or just forget about it?  The negative feedback lasts for a year.  He has several hundred positives.

411971[/snapback]

The nature of this sale -- tickets -- requires timely action on the seller's part. If he has several hundred other resonses, he should really know better. I say give him a negative and explain the situation, including the fact that he refunded you, in the comments section. Plus, he ripped you off on the shipping.

I would leave him positive feedback. I would however state, deal did not go thru but he kindly refunded money and was very nice. This way its not a true positive statement and he really can't respond to the feedback. When you leave someone negative or neutral feedback, they can respond to it and put whatever they want. It shows up underneath the feedback you will leave. Plus, in return he will leave you positive feedback.

If you paid $5 for shipping and he shipped it for $0.37, then I think that is deserving of negative feedback. The least he could do was put it in a priority mail envelope for less than $4, and everyone would be happy.

Why are you willing to give this guy a pass? He charged $5 for a 37-cent stamp. And now #89's friend has to watch the game at home or take a gamble with scalpers in the parking lot. Sure, I know this is eBay and all, but this guy should know better.

BTW, I need to admit that I don't know how much a single "negative" effects a guy on eBay when he also has hundreds of positives.

I would wait to leave feedback - - there's no rush. Maybe the tickets will still show up today with an early postmark, in which case leave positive feedback with comments relecting the real heartburn "Tickets got delayed in mail, but seller good with communication" or similar. I

f the tickets do not show up at all and you do not hear from the seller ("apparently postage is now over 32 cents!"), I'd leave either neutral or negative feedback... probably neutral unless you think there was intentional problems or gross negligence (postage example would probably qualify, actually).

Maybe I'm misreading it, but it sounds like it simply got lost in the mail and there's no guarantee that Priority Mail would've gotten there either. I know that there's been a few people I've sent DVDs to who say they've never received them!

I would either leave positive feedback or no feedback. The guy kept in communication with you, sent you the tickets, you just never got them -- lost in the mail, most likely.

Shipping charges on eBay are NOT simply how much it costs to slap a stamp on it, regardless of whether you feel it should be or not. In fact, most places online charge more than plain shipping prices as well. Wasn't there a thread about Ticketmaster charging $2/ticket to EMAIL it?

CW

If you paid $5 for shipping and he shipped it for $0.37, then I think that is deserving of negative feedback.  The least he could do was put it in a priority mail envelope for less than $4, and everyone would be happy.

412018[/snapback]

Priority mail is the biggest ripoff going. Several times I used the priority mail envelope and paid extra for the "faster" delivery.

Not only was it never faster, it was consistently slower than if I'd just mailed it regular!!!! I think because it deviates from their standard flow of sorting and whatnot, it gets delayed. The only advantage is that it comes with a tracking number.

This fact was later reinforced by one of those local TV news feature consumer reporters who actually did an experiment and confirmed what I had found.

To answer the original question, I would not leave negative feedback. What if the tickets arrive today or tomorrow? What if the envelope has a Aug 13 postmark and it's taken the USPS this long to deliver it? Once negative feedback is left - you can't change it. Don't be hasty because you're getting itchy about the tickets.

OK, so the guy charged $5 "shipping & handling". It's not unusual. Who says he has to charge exactly what postage is. He stated in the shipping details that it would be $5, right? You agreed.

At the very least, wait until tomorrow before you even think about leaving feedback.

He stated in the shipping details that it would be $5, right? You agreed.

412130[/snapback]

The only way this statement has any merit is if he also stated prior to the sale that it would be first class mail. If she agreed to pay $5 shipping for a pair of tickets, (IMO) she has every right to assume they would not be coming in a standard first class envelope.

As far as feedback is concerned, that is a tough one. The way I see it (apart from charging you $5 for a $0.37 stamp) you have to decide if you believe what he told you. If he is telling the truth, he is out both the tickets and the money, so a negative feedback for overchaging for shipping might be overkill. If you think he is lying and just shipped them late or something, well then he deserves a negative feedback. It all depends on if you believe he did everything he was supposed to do in a timely manner.

I won tickets to the GB game for a friend.  Tunnel 4th row so its a good view of the players a wierd view of the game.

Do I leave negative feedback or just forget about it?  The negative feedback lasts for a year.  He has several hundred positives.

411971[/snapback]

I guess he did make out on the shipping, but he also did right and got you your money back. I would just forget it. Because if you leave him negative feedback, he may do the same to you as retaliation. Only you can answer if it is worth the risk getting a NEG yourself

At least you didn't bid on these tickets! :devil:

Congratulations, you were the high bidder on tickets for a game that played 4 days ago...

As a frequent eBayer I imagine he had the shipping terms (how it would be shipped) listed along with the price. If it was sent priority he should have had a tracking number (of course I've found USPS tracking to be mostly useless). I'd wait to see if the tickets do show up. If they don't, I'd go neutral.

I would leave negative feedback for the follow reasons... (all already stated)

-Did not take proper measure for ticket to arrive (i.e. $3.75 for priority mail)

-Ripped you off in postage... Over charged $4.63 (i.e. $5.00 for 37 cent stamp.

-Judt my opinion

The shipping should state the means by which they will be delivered, i.e 1st class, priority, etc. Otherwise you should ask beforehand. If you see that someone charges $5 for shipping and you still bid, then you are agreeing on that cost knowing full well it doesn't cost $5 to ship tickets, so no need to bust his chops afterward on that one. Most people have a "service and handling" charge built into their shipping costs, and if you find these charges unacceptable then simply don't bid. But it is part of the overall cost equation that must be factored in.

As to negative feedback, this guy has done everything within his power to get you the tickets, all the way up to including a full refund. What more can you ask for, so why would you consider negative feedback? Also, consider the payback factor - if he sees negative feedback coming from you after all he has done to make it right with you, chances are he'll mar your feedback record as well with some negative remarks in kind. Just my .02

I would leave negative feedback for the follow reasons...  (all already stated)

-Did not take proper measure for ticket to arrive (i.e. $3.75 for priority mail)

-Ripped you off in postage...  Over charged $4.63 (i.e. $5.00 for 37 cent stamp.

-Judt my opinion

412217[/snapback]

I agree, except that if you leave a neg feedback you have to be prepared to receive a sour grapes negative on your feedback.

I say wait to see if it shows up. If not, leave a neutral and move on. It shows terrible judgement to put sport event tickets in a regular envelope with first class postage. They should have been sent via Fedex and you should have insisted on it.

If you paid $5 for shipping and he shipped it for $0.37, then I think that is deserving of negative feedback. The least he could do was put it in a priority mail envelope for less than $4, and everyone would be happy.

In response to that:

Many people charge extra on the shipping to cover other fees, such as paypal fees, insertion fees, e-bay fees, shipping, and the time it took them. The shipping charge isn't always just for shipping. Everyone is looking to make money on e-bay so I have no problem if someone does that. The shipping prices are clearly listed before you bid on the item, so if you win the item you shouldn't have any problem with the charge.

Another point to make is that priority mail is no more secure than regular mail. I used to always send my important mail priority thinking it was more secure and faster delivery, but it really isn't. After talking with several postal workers they said the only difference is the way in which their processed before being sent.

Other than that they have the same chance of being lost in the mail or stolen. It rarely happens in either case, but when you pay $3.85 you're really just wasting money. Also, if your regualr mail gets misplaced it is supposed to be shipped back to your retuirn address, just like they would with priority mail.

Is there really any difference at all, besides the little package you put it in? Not really.