Ebay ? What would you do?

Pretty simple concept - free market - don't like the overall cost of a product, don't bid.  No one's holding a gun to your head to place a bid on an item which clearly states the overall shipping charge.  If enough don't purchase your auctions, they'll get the message.  If you do bid, then don't B word afterwards.

413162[/snapback]

Can't argue with that.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't argue with that.

413201[/snapback]

I respectfully disagree.

Its not the $5 that people are complaining about, its the fact that they weren't sent via some expidited service for the $5. Without having seen a link to the auction, I don't know if it said somewhere that they would be sent first class, but if not I think #89 had every right to expect priority service when she paid $5 shipping for a couple pieces of paper.

I respectfully disagree.

Its not the $5 that people are complaining about, its the fact that they weren't sent via some expidited service for the $5.  Without having seen a link to the auction, I don't know if it said somewhere that they would be sent first class, but if not I think #89 had every right to expect priority service when she paid $5 shipping for a couple pieces of paper.

413596[/snapback]

We don't know what the auction said, but you are suppposed to specify the shipping mode you use. If it said 1st class and $5, please don't B word and moan. If it said expedited and then were sent 1st class, then that calls for negative feedback imho. Usually on time sensitive items the mode is made very clear upfront.

I respectfully disagree.

Its not the $5 that people are complaining about, its the fact that they weren't sent via some expidited service for the $5.  Without having seen a link to the auction, I don't know if it said somewhere that they would be sent first class, but if not I think #89 had every right to expect priority service when she paid $5 shipping for a couple pieces of paper.

413596[/snapback]

Shipping AND HANDLING.

Who knows what this guy did to get those tickets. Maybe he drove to a ticket office that was 30 miles away, costing gas money. Maybe he lives in a town where the nearest post office is that far away, and he didn't have any stamps. Maybe he waited in line for the ticket, and wanted compensation for that. MAYBE he just wanted to make an extra $4.63. Whatever the reason, if you DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T BID!!

(not bitching at you, #89, but i do alot of shopping, and selling on eBay, and shipping and handling is all part of it).

We don't know what the auction said, but you are suppposed to specify the shipping mode you use.  If it said 1st class and $5, please don't B word and moan.  If it said expedited and then were sent 1st class, then that calls for negative feedback imho.  Usually on time sensitive items the mode is made very clear upfront.

413860[/snapback]

For some reason it took 43 posts, but someone finally nailed it.

Shipping AND HANDLING.

Who knows what this guy did to get those tickets. Maybe he drove to a ticket office that was 30 miles away, costing gas money. Maybe he lives in a town where the nearest post office is that far away, and he didn't have any stamps. Maybe he waited in line for the ticket, and wanted compensation for that. MAYBE he just wanted to make an extra $4.63. Whatever the reason, if you DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T BID!!

413875[/snapback]

And stores should roll their cost in trucking and stocking products, as well as their electric bill into the sales tax instead of adding it in the listed price.

Can we drop this now? The point wasn't as much the shipping charges because I saw he was charging $5. It was that they were tickets for a game that were not received for THAT GAME. I think the charges would have been more if he drove to the ticket office because he was in CA. He had over 2,000 positive feedbacks and sells lots of tickets. That's why I bid on them. Games over. Bills won. All's well.