Quite Frankly, Steven A. Smith is not popular

SilverNRed

USA Today

After a promotion that was pretty hyper even by ESPN standards, the debut of Stephen A. Smith's hourlong Quite Frankly ESPN2 talk show Monday drew 0.3% of U.S. cable TV households, 0.1% on Tuesday and 0.3% on Wednesday. That's slightly below what ESPN2 averaged in the show's 6:30 p.m. ET time slot for July — and below ratings for ESPN/ESPN2's recent coverage of the U.S. Open of Competitive Eating.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite frankly he's an idiot! I don't understand why ESPN gave him a show??

Jeff

410430[/snapback]

Because he TALKS like THIS!

EMPHA-SIZING every OTHER WORD for NO apparent REASON.

And, quite frankly, THAT is ALL he needs.

I had ESPN on this morning and for not the first time I turned it off because the announcers just SHOUT all the time.  I just get sick of that kind of delivery.  I mean were the Royals highlights really THAT exciting?

410448[/snapback]

Agreed....In my view ESPN has gone downhill...or at least I know find the station irritating.

Does everything have to be point-counter point.....with a screaming argument sure to ensue?

In comparison I like Rich Eisens' approach on NFL networks. He tends to give the viewers the information they are looking for witthout all of the hype.

I also hate steven a smith. However, some of the promo commercials looked pretty good. (and by good, i mean the guest list). It seemed (per the commercials) he was asking some tough questions and probably had some decent interviews...but even that is not enough to make me watch that show.

USA Today
After a promotion that was pretty hyper even by ESPN standards, the debut of Stephen A. Smith's hourlong Quite Frankly ESPN2 talk show Monday drew 0.3% of U.S. cable TV households, 0.1% on Tuesday and 0.3% on Wednesday. That's slightly below what ESPN2 averaged in the show's 6:30 p.m. ET time slot for July — and below ratings for ESPN/ESPN2's recent coverage of the U.S. Open of Competitive Eating.

Quite frankly, that amuses me.

Quite Frankly, the show itself is not bad, and the information I received from guests is better than the clips used on the other ESPN networks.

411062[/snapback]

The only show I watched fully was the episode in which he had AI on and it wasn't bad. I'm different than most as while I hate him as an analyst he isn't bad as a talk show host for he isn't as bold and frank and as much of an @$$hole...