Who would you rather have opening day...

Estro

With all this talk about Losman being a first year QB (which some think means a step back) and the talk about the Jets being decent this year I started thinking:

If you had your choice right now, all things considered, who would you rather have the Bills head into the 2005 season with, Losman or Pennington?

Me personally I'd take Losman. He has a ton of potential in front of him, and I know potential doesn't mean anything, but I have faith in him. I believe Pennington, on the other hand, hasn't lived up to his potential. I think the guys arm strength is a clear weakness, and I don't see much upside with him.

Go BILLS!!!

With all this talk about Losman being a first year QB (which some think means a step back) and the talk about the Jets being decent this year I started thinking:

If you had your choice right now, all things considered, who would you rather have the Bills head into the 2005 season with, Losman or Pennington?

Me personally I'd take Losman.  He has a ton of potential in front of him, and I know potential doesn't mean anything, but I have faith in him.  I believe Pennington, on the other hand, hasn't lived up to his potential.  I think the guys arm strength is a clear weakness, and I don't see much upside with him.

Go BILLS!!!

410392[/snapback]

Its a push

It's a push cause losman is esentially a rookie however I don't like chad pennington as a quaterback. While he has good accuracy would you feel comfortable with him in bad weather at the ralph with his arm? I sure as hell wouldn't. I want a qb who could throw it deep, not a qb with a noodle arm who's coming off shoulder surgery

Me personally I'd take Losman.  He has a ton of potential in front of him, and I know potential doesn't mean anything, but I have faith in him.  I believe Pennington, on the other hand, hasn't lived up to his potential.  I think the guys arm strength is a clear weakness, and I don't see much upside with him.

Go BILLS!!!

410392[/snapback]

A healthy Pennington or a Pennington with his currently bad shoulder?

Before I make that choice I would have to see Losman juke Eddie Robinson out of his socks.

410419[/snapback]

You could juke Eddie Robinson out of his socks....that had to have been the slowest juke in the history of the NFL. The molasses juke.

But surprisingly effective....

My GOD that sucked!

410517[/snapback]

Its the classic answer to the question "Hey Eddie, when did you realize it was time to hang it up?"

Kind of like hanging up posting on the wall when someone calls you on posting something overemotional and dumb on a thread.....but alas like many pro athletes who stay past their prime--some of us can't get the message...

When I said, "all things considered" i meant including their futures not just this one year.

I agree with the poster who talked about Buffalo's weather. Pennington's arm, a clear weakness, wouldn't stand a chance in Buffalo. If you notice the Jets always seem to stumble down the stretch, I wonder if any of that could be attributed to Chad playing poorly in inclimate weather.

On the other hand Losman is known for his "strong" arm, and although he doesn't have nearly the experience I would still choose him over Pennington right now.

Go BILLS!!!

410392[/snapback]

JP of course, he's a BILL! That other guy plays for the Jets I think. :)

Whaddya like better? Apples or oranges?, Tastes great or less filling? Chicken or

the egg? <_<

Interesting question. Heading into the season, Id take Pennington. Then slowly give losman more and more time. And then Id end the season with Losman, expecting Chad to be on IR. Either way, I'd take any of them over Friggin Feely.