Jason Peters play last night...

LabattBlue

With the disclaimer that he was going against backups, I thought Peters did okay in pass blocking. I didn't really notice him on running plays except for seeing him downfield blocking several times, right until the whistle blew.

Certainly not ready to be a starter, but better than what I have given him credit for.

Keep up the good work JP!

Next year I look forward to a line of: Peters-Geisinger-Preston-Tucker/Gudmundsen-Williams

That could be awesome!

407106[/snapback]

Exactly how would having 4 new startes on the Oline be a good thing? Especially for a young QB.

With the disclaimer that he was going against backups, I thought Peters did okay in pass blocking.  I didn't really notice him on running plays except for seeing him downfield blocking several times, right until the whistle blew. 

Certainly not ready to be a starter, but better than what I have given him credit for.

Keep up the good work JP!

407101[/snapback]

It's good to hear he's making progress!

I could see maybe a couple changes in the O line in 2006 (assuming this year's line is Gandy-Anderson-Teague-Villarial-Williams). If Peters develops, he could push Gandy out, and if Preston develops, he could push Teague out the door, especially since Teague is a bit pricey.

I just reviewed the tape of him for the third quarter, I haven't looked at the 4th yet. Basically, he didn't miss a block. The same, however, can't be said for Geisinger who gave up a sack to an inside stunt to the LDE.

I believe the announcers quoted McNally as saying that Peters was the best LT prospect he has ever seen. A comment based, no doubt, on Peters' freakish speed given his size.

This could get interesting.

I just reviewed the tape of him for the third quarter, I haven't looked at the 4th yet.  Basically, he didn't miss a block.  The same, however, can't be said for Geisinger who gave up a sack to an inside stunt to the LDE. 

I believe the announcers quoted McNally as saying that Peters was the best LT prospect he has ever seen.  A comment based, no doubt, on Peters' freakish speed given his size.

This could get interesting.

407598[/snapback]

>>>>I believe the announcers quoted McNally as saying that Peters was the best LT prospect he has ever seen.<<<<

Coming from a guy who has been around as long as Coach McNally, that is a chilling statement.

If at some point Peters is ever as good as even Jennings, it would be a literal steal. LTs are all but impossible to get, let alone UDFAs who can man the spot!

IIRC, Teague is a UFA next year. My favorite, CV will be a year older as well, so the Bills will once again need blockers. If Peters can fill even some of the void, let alone be a fine LT, this would be so great for the Bills that it cannot be described.

>>>>I believe the announcers quoted McNally as saying that Peters was the best LT prospect he has ever seen.<<<<

Coming from a guy who has been around as long as Coach McNally, that is a chilling statement.

If at some point Peters is ever as good as even Jennings, it would be a literal steal. LTs are all but impossible to get, let alone UDFAs who can man the spot!

IIRC, Teague is a UFA next year. My favorite, CV will be a year older as well, so the Bills will once again need blockers. If Peters can fill even some of the void, let alone be a fine LT, this would be so great for the Bills that it cannot be described.

407619[/snapback]

My feelings exactly. I've always thought that almost all championship teams have one thing in common, they found a few gems in the later rounds of the draft or from among their UDFA's. It gives them a huge jump on their opponents. Think how much it meant to our SB teams to have dug up Andre Reed from nowhere. Look at the Patriots and Brady. They got a franchise QB for nothing then compare that to the personnel capital other teams have spent trying to fing their QB. NE has been able to invest what it would have had to spend on a QB into other positions. Finding those diamonds in the rough here and there has a ripple effect up and down the roster.

Of all the people on our roster, the one guy who seems to be the best candidate for us to be that kind of rare find is probably Peters. The other guy that fits that mold would probably be McGee. I like what I saw from Gates as well.