Great chat session tonight!

SDS

I saw 98 at the peak, don't know if we broke 100...

Other than one putz, it was pretty well behaved. For those of you withg trouble accessing the room, we can work on it this week before game #2. It's worthwhile if you are trying to follow the game.

Other than one putz, it was pretty well behaved.  For those of you withg trouble accessing the room, we can work on it this week before game #2.  It's worthwhile if you are trying to follow the game.

406943[/snapback]

Who was the putz?

Other than one putz, it was pretty well behaved.  For those of you withg trouble accessing the room, we can work on it this week before game #2.  It's worthwhile if you are trying to follow the game.

406943[/snapback]

Don't be an !@#$ dude! Live and let live. :D

Not everyone can toe the company line.

Why didn't you call me a putz in that room? Coward.

The last two years when that room was overrun by trolls why didn't you ban them? We had to suffer thru that crap and you did nothing about it. And I know alot of people contacted you to complain about it too.

Don't be an !@#$ dude!  Live and let live.    :D

Why didn't you call me a putz in that room?  Coward.

The last two years when that room was overrun by trolls why didn't you ban them?  We had to suffer thru that crap and you did nothing about it.  And I know alot of people contacted you to complain about it too.

406995[/snapback]

Well done. It is virtually impossible to get 90 people to agree on anything, yet you managed to find a common thread amongst us all - your removal. That's quite the set of social skills you have there. :D

406943[/snapback]

SDS - I'd like to join the chats, but I am concerned about the message that says that it won't work behind a firewall. I took that to mean I would have to disable my firewall protection...which is risky.

What's the reason for the s/w not wanting to co-exist with a firewall?

SDS - I'd like to join the chats, but I am concerned about the message that says that it won't work behind a firewall.  I took that to mean I would have to disable my firewall protection...which is risky.

What's the reason for the s/w not wanting to co-exist with a firewall?

407023[/snapback]

Well, I am shaky on the details, but I assume the firewall blocks the communication between the IRC server and your computer. Beyond that, someone else would have to chime in who knows more than me.

You may be able to use an IRC client (as opposed to the Java chat through the web browser)...

Well, I am shaky on the details, but I assume the firewall blocks the communication between the IRC server and your computer.  Beyond that, someone else would have to chime in who knows more than me.

You may be able to use an IRC client (as opposed to the Java chat through the web browser)...

407026[/snapback]

Thanks - I got in last year w/ firewall running - don't ask me how. I'll fiddle around a bit, with little idea about what I am doing. :D

Thanks - I got in last year w/ firewall running - don't ask me how. I'll fiddle around a bit, with little idea about what I am doing. :D

407031[/snapback]

if you got in last year then you are fine. That page hasn't changed in years... Go try it.

Don't be an !@#$ dude!  Live and let live.    :P

Why didn't you call me a putz in that room?  Coward.

The last two years when that room was overrun by trolls why didn't you ban them?  We had to suffer thru that crap and you did nothing about it.  And I know alot of people contacted you to complain about it too.

406995[/snapback]

:D;):D

Whoa, easy on the pickle juice there, bright eyes.

I had half-screen of the nfl.com's live update in one window, and half-screen of the chat in another window, and it was a pretty decent way to follow the game if you're unable to watch it on TV. Much quicker updates on the chat than NFL, and NFL gives you all the official stats.

Of course, then I tried to actually join the chat, and my firewall blew everything up. So I either need to disable my firewall to chat, or just stick with lurking.

Install mIRC:

http://www.mirc.com/

It's much better than Java.

Set your Nickname to whatever you want.

Set server irc.webmaster.com

Set the port to 6667

When a popup asks what room to join, type #GoBills

Done! It's really 100x better than the java client.

And as stated, aside from a few people flooding and a couple of other people with objectionable language (the chat room should be PG-13, just like the forums), it was fun. It's even better during the regular season when everyone's watching the same game. I generally do the play by play and everyone else discusses.

CW