The Terrel Owens thread

No one is mad at Hines Ward for not "honoring his contract."

Again, it must just be that people react with venom to TO's imbecilic (is that a word?) rants - try just laughing.

405731[/snapback]

Hines Ward is grossly underpaid and does not lift wieghts and do sit ups in his driveway

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Eagles have out-and-out denied this claim, and I trust them more than I do Owens.

405755[/snapback]

TO has a big mouth, but i dont think he would go on national TV with his agent, and tell a bold face lie. i believe he did sign an agreement. and the team doesnt want to talk about it.

how many times have you hard a team "is not talking trade with another team for so-and-so", only to have the deal done 3 days later.

Hines Ward is grossly underpaid and does not lift wieghts and do sit ups in his driveway

405764[/snapback]

Hines Ward is overrated and a jerk. I can't stand him, and I wouldn't even want to be around anyone else who does like him. Loser.

Agreed.

It's not fair to lump Barry in there as a 'quitter'.  He was backed into a corner by the Lions.  He wanted to play for a contender, he saw Detriot was not committed to doing what was necessary to become one, and wanted out, which Detroit was not willing to facilitate.  He was left w/ no other option.  Do you think he wanted to leave the game as the #2 rusher all time?  You think he, like Jim Brown before him, couldn't have put up 20,000 yards if he wanted to?

405660[/snapback]

Absolutely. What Barry did, and has done since since retirement, has my full respect. Jeez, people dislike him because he decided he had enough? I can still see him on the sidelines near the end of his last game. He had tears in his eyes. He knew it was over for him then. The official part of it came months later. I take my hat off to Barry. He didn't whine, cry, or mope. He just did what was right for him to do. That, and the years of giving fans everywhere some of the best ball carrying we ever saw, is what I'll remember of him. Great back, class act.

Had Barry and Emmitt played for each others respective teams, Barry would have Jerry Rice like distance between him and everyone else record wise.

Barry played to win, not just for money, personal glory, or stats, and he just tired of all the losing.

I now hate TO more than Dion Sanders. I never thought that would be possible, but there is no bigger wanker in Pro Football right now.

Yes, there's bigger criminals, but nobody is a bigger jerk than TO.

405723[/snapback]

Lighten up. He might have a mental condition. :D

TO is a moron but the Eagles need to take some of the blame here. They should have never let Owens sign that contract last year. You could see this coming a mile away. They got him on the cheap because he desperately wanted out of SF and didn't want to be traded to Baltimore and get his head knocked off chasing Boller's passes. Remember, the only reason he wasn't a Free Agent last year is because his agent forgot to file his FA papers in time. For all those who say he shouldn't cry about 7 years $49m, his guaranteed money was nowhere near what he should have gotten. Yes, TO is an idiot but the Eagles are equally to blame in my opinion.

The Eagles have out-and-out denied this claim, and I trust them more than I do Owens.

405755[/snapback]

more likely is that the release was for the doctor who didn't feel TO was ready to play.

And give me a break that TO played in the Super Bowl for the good of the team.

TO is all about TO.

He was deathly afraid of being totally forgotten since the TEAM got to the big game without him.

Lighten up. He might have a mental condition.  :D

405772[/snapback]

I have a copy of DSM IV. I find no entries for:

1. Jerk

2. Wanker

3. Crybaby

4. Arrogant SOB

5. Loudmouth

6. Wanker

Narcissism is a diagnosable condition, so you may be right!

more likely is that the release was for the doctor who didn't feel TO was ready to play.

And give me a break that TO played in the Super Bowl for the good of the team.

TO is all about TO.

He was deathly afraid of being totally forgotten since the TEAM got to the big game without him.

405783[/snapback]

he still risked a lot to play. and played well. even though 9 recetions for 120 yards was the biggest "non-factor" ive ever seen.

i watcehd the SB. and he was clearly favoring 1 leg. and IMO, just got meaningless receptions. he was never a real threat to the defense.

TO is a moron but the Eagles need to take some of the blame here.  They should have never let Owens sign that contract last year.  You could see this coming a mile away.  They got him on the cheap because he desperately wanted out of SF and didn't want to be traded to Baltimore and get his head knocked off chasing Boller's passes.  Remember, the only reason he wasn't a Free Agent last year is because his agent forgot to file his FA papers in time.  For all those who say he shouldn't cry about 7 years $49m, his guaranteed money was nowhere near what he should have gotten.  Yes, TO is an idiot but the Eagles are equally to blame in my opinion.

405781[/snapback]

I think the Eagles from the beginning were prepared that TO would only play for then for 1 year and get them over the hump to win the SuperBowl. The contract was set up to as to not incur big dead money if they had to cut ties with TO.

If so, they are willing to go on without him and will not do what is logical or expected. Thus, TO will not get more money, will not get cut and will not get traded. TO will get suspended, fined and will have money taken away due to his conduct being detrimental to the the team.

TO picked the wrong team to extort money from.

TO is a moron but the Eagles need to take some of the blame here.  They should have never let Owens sign that contract last year.  You could see this coming a mile away.  They got him on the cheap because he desperately wanted out of SF and didn't want to be traded to Baltimore and get his head knocked off chasing Boller's passes.  Remember, the only reason he wasn't a Free Agent last year is because his agent forgot to file his FA papers in time.  For all those who say he shouldn't cry about 7 years $49m, his guaranteed money was nowhere near what he should have gotten.  Yes, TO is an idiot but the Eagles are equally to blame in my opinion.

405781[/snapback]

The eagles got him on the cheap, signed him to a long term deal, and knowingly screwed over TO. TO didn't have to sign the contract. His agent could have told him that the contract was stupid. I don't want to hear any crap about the "at will" contracts of nfl players. TO knew this, knew he could have held out for a mega 3 year deal, but he didn't. He signed the contract that's screwing him over. Yeah the eagles knew they were lowballing him, but in all honesty, they probably did it knowing that TO was a moron and his agent was too. TO should have done the smart thing and quietly asked for a restructure, played out this year, and waited to get cut after this year. He didn't take the high ground, so now everything that comes out of his mouth buries him more. I'm sure that the eagles would have at least heard out his plea better if he had kept his fat mouth shut. I know the eagles are a cheap a$$ team, but he still could have played his contract out this year and asked for a release. His value only would have gone up. The eagles won't trade him, its very apparent that he won't play for them, so now he's snakebitten.

Someone mentioned yesterday of the analogy of the eagles signing to to that contract was like playing a retard in chess, and helping him along just enough to get a halfway decent game out of him. I for one hope that he stays with the eagles all the way up to at least september 11th... This strung out comedy will help me get through the preseason right up till the bills start playing.

Yeah, so what if TO isn't the best teammate but if the Eagles think they are going to win without him then they got another thing coming. The NFL has built a system that doesn't reward players financially like they should. Nowadays with the leverage teams have over players it's almost like a communist state. The guy deserves to get paid like he wants for the value he adds to the team. None of this would have happened if the Eagles just got the deal done, realized what the guy is worth and moved on instead of alienating their best player. In all the interviews I've seen of TO i've never seen him disrespectful or act like a fool. He's honest. He'll tell you like he sees it and personally I think that's an asset. And if he thinks you are screwing him over for what he brings to the team he'll take it to the media.

TO isn't going to kowtow to the Eagles ownership or management just because. The Eagles are making a ton of cash off playoff home games and without TO they aren't going to get that money IMO. And if so, why shouldn't the guy be paid like the superstar he is.

405737[/snapback]

No other sport gives the exorbitant signing bonuses that football gives and that's where the top players make their real bread and butter. Everyone knows this. Terrell is only one year removed from getting his signing bonus and now he wants another one? Fug him. If he had turned in another ProBowl season then maybe demanding a redo next year makes sense, but to do it now is stupidity.

As for the bs about teams being able to cut players, well yes they can but then they suffer a huge cap hit as a result which is why star players ever rarely get cut outright with a lot of years left on their contract. TO has another 6 years on his. He didn't have to worry about getting cut anytime soon.

TO misplayed his hand (probably on the advice of Rosenhause) and Philly called his bluff. I hope they stick it to his punk ass.

So I guess the trade TD has been working on of TO and Corey Simon for Reed, a 2008 7th round pick, a bucket of wings and a quarter keg of Genny Cream isn't going to get off the ground after all!  :D

405808[/snapback]

That's a ridiculous trade. Leave out the bucket of wings.

That's exactly the point. Did the Eagles really expect TO to play for $3m this year when they signed him last year? He was always an idiot. Everyone is giving The Eagles credit for sticking to their guns, but what good is it going to get them? TO is a 1st class moron and will continue what he is doing throughout the season until he gets more money. Their starting wideouts will be Greg Lewis and the 2nd round rookie and they will be paying Owens $3m to stay away from the locker room and field. The Eagles only play is to shut up and put up with his antics and maybe he'll come to play on Sundays. But for Reid to send him home for not talking to the other players is giving TO exactly what he wants if he doesn't get more money. More attention.