Who the heck is the source?

-- Simon & the Bills Cap --

Mon Aug 8, 2005 --from FFMastermind.com

The Trenton Times reports in an update to the DT Cory Simon -to-Buffalo story, a source close to the situation says the Bills are looking into how Simon would fit under the salary cap.

Both GM's say nothing is going on. So who the heck is the writer talking to?

The Trenton Times reports in an update to the DT Cory Simon -to-Buffalo story, a source close to the situation says the Bills are looking into how Simon would fit under the salary cap.

401872[/snapback]

Mike Florio? Himself maybe...

401872[/snapback]

I don't trust this source, nor do I necessarily think we are going to trade for Simon, but you cannot trust what the GMs of the teams say either about the trade or non-trade or discussions. TD, for his part, IMO, left himself open. He basically said we havent talked to them directly about any trade but anything could happen. When he wants to deny something he says pretty straight this ain't happening.

Well when TD says nothing is going on...that usually means he is busily working on trying to get a player, so I wouldnt put too much stock into TD saying there is nothing of "substance" to the deal. There very well could be.

However, the fact that the Eagles also deny the report make me think that the Trenton Times are just trying to stir the pot. Perhaps the editors are relatives of Corey Simon...

Well when TD says nothing is going on...that usually means he is busily working on trying to get a player, so I wouldnt put too much stock into TD saying there is nothing of "substance" to the deal.  There very well could be.

However, the fact that the Eagles also deny the report make me think that the Trenton Times are just trying to stir the pot.  Perhaps the editors are relatives of Corey Simon...

401878[/snapback]

I dunno, remember when the Bills were/were not talking to the Jags and Titans about Travis Henry?

Mark Eckel is the joke of all Eagles writers. He has these "sources" that are never correct. Its a running joke now with Eagles fans when it comes to him..

As a matter of fact, a few years ago our website (which is a satire site, for the most part) ran this article on Eckel...who we renamed Clark Dreckel. :doh:

http://www.concretefield.com/modules.php?n...article&sid=108

I dunno, remember when the Bills were/were not talking to the Jags and Titans about Travis Henry?

402188[/snapback]

I agree Buftex - is there smoke here?

The fact , however, that the only source is the Trenton Times (all other news source reports attribute THEIR source to the TT) makes me doubt the veracity. In fact, ironically, the TT cited THREE sources in one of their articles. THREE? When the other major news reporters have NONE?

Maybe the TT has put a bug on the three cockroaches living under the Philly GM's desk.

oops, makes that THREE bugs.

:doh:

I agree Buftex  - is there smoke here?

The fact , however, that the only source is the Trenton Times (all other news source reports attribute THEIR source to the TT) makes me doubt the veracity. In fact, ironically, the TT cited THREE sources in one of their articles. THREE? When the other major news reporters have NONE?

Maybe the TT has put a bug on the three cockroaches living under the Philly GM's desk.

oops, makes that THREE bugs.

:doh:

402204[/snapback]

read my post above yours. No smoke...except for the smoke coming out of Eckel's ears.

Mark Eckel is the joke of all Eagles writers. He has these "sources" that are never correct. Its a running joke now with Eagles fans when it comes to him..

As a matter of fact, a few  years ago our website (which is a satire site, for the most part) ran this article on Eckel...who we renamed Clark Dreckel. :doh:

http://www.concretefield.com/modules.php?n...article&sid=108

402201[/snapback]

I'm kinda wondering if the Eagles and the Bengals strike up a conversation, with TO and the Pinkston injury. Cincinnati has a bunch of wr's in camp - Starters Johnson and Houshmandezeh,, 3rd year man Kelley Washington, Peter Warrick (close to being cleared for practice), 3rd rounder Chris Henry, 6th rounder Tab Perry, a couple of dark horses - Kevin Walters (very good ST player), a speedster named James Broussard, plus four others.

This smells like Simon and his agent are communicating through the Trenton Times to get something going. They are the only ones who have been quoted in the 2 stories. Could also be the Eagles trying to spur a market for Simon. In any event, it looks like the Eagles have moved on and will be happy to get rid of him.

I'm kinda wondering if the Eagles and the Bengals strike up a conversation, with TO and the Pinkston injury. Cincinnati has a bunch of wr's in camp - Starters Johnson and Houshmandezeh,, 3rd year man Kelley Washington, Peter Warrick (close to being cleared for practice), 3rd rounder Chris Henry, 6th rounder Tab Perry, a couple of dark horses - Kevin Walters (very good ST player),  a speedster named James Broussard, plus four others.

402207[/snapback]

They won't trade for a WR. If anything, they'll pick one up thats out there....or that gets cut. I wouldn't be opposed to picking up Tai Streets. He knows the offense, he has a good rapport with TO (they played well together in San Fran) and he will come cheap.

This smells like Simon and his agent are communicating through the Trenton Times to get something going.  They are the only ones who have been quoted in the 2 stories.  Could also be the Eagles trying to spur a market for Simon.  In any event, it looks like the Eagles have moved on and will be happy to get rid of him.

402210[/snapback]

Are you listening a word I'm saying? There is nothing of the sort going on, trust me on that.

Are you listening a word I'm saying? There is nothing of the sort going on, trust me on that.

402214[/snapback]

Phillygirl, can you tell me why you as a fan would know if something is going on or not? I mean I've seen your posts since these rumors have been flying and to me it sounds like your trying to talk YOURSELF into believing that a trade won't happen. You've been saying how he's really not that good of a player and you would know if the Eagles were going to trade for a reciever, well I just don't buy it. First of all their is NO WAY IN Hell you would know what a front office of a pro sports team is doing behind close doors. It happens everyday in every league that is a media source will ask a GM or 2 if their "Is any truth to the rumor" that a certain trade will take place and most of the time they will swear "Their is no truth to that rumor or No, I haven't been contacted." TD has done it a bunch of times in fact the only time we trade or sign a free agent is when TD says their is no truth to it. I think Simon will be traded and maybe for reciever help since Philly is running out of them, but I just don't know if it will be the Bills. Could be a number of teams. What I do know is that it won't be Lee Evans. That will never happen.

I'm kinda wondering if the Eagles and the Bengals strike up a conversation, with TO and the Pinkston injury. Cincinnati has a bunch of wr's in camp - Starters Johnson and Houshmandezeh,, 3rd year man Kelley Washington, Peter Warrick (close to being cleared for practice), 3rd rounder Chris Henry, 6th rounder Tab Perry, a couple of dark horses - Kevin Walters (very good ST player),  a speedster named James Broussard, plus four others.

402207[/snapback]

Hmmm, maybe the Bills can trade Reed for Simon

It's not that we don't trust you: we don't trust ANYONE! There might be something to this, or they might not. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills inquired because TD and Modrak have said that they're always looking to improve the team.

And as for not looking to trade for a WR, big mistake. With TO unhappy, FredEx gone, and Pinkston out for the year, they need receiver help bad. And I wouldn't count on Tai Streets getting cut.

to top it all off, we dont need another high priced DT, we just let a good one go, who everyone really loved, b/c of his price.

402382[/snapback]

Not quite true. We also let him go because he was 33 years old. Simon is much younger and you'd rather pay for future production than past performance.