Eagles Bills Discuss Trade

Nanker

With a tip of the hat to freester who posted about trading Moulds for Simon...

Now Pinkson's out for the year: LinkyDinky

Stands to reason they're going to go shopping for a wideout.

Does this make the Simon thing heat up again?

I still wouldn't trade Moulds.

The Philadelphia Eagles with the loss of wideout Todd Pinkston Friday, are seriously considering opening up trade talks with the Bills about there third string wideout Josh Reed. The trade would involve disgruntled Pro Bowl defensive tackle Corey Simon who the Bills have openly discussed an interest in trading. Simon, has strong ties with the Bills, being close friends with safety Troy Vincent and Bills assistant general manager Tom Modrak was the Eagles director of football operations when the team made Simon the sixth overall pick out of Florida State in the 2000 draft. Reed, who was selected by the Bills in the second round (36th overall) in the 2002 NFL Draft, played in 12 games and saw action primarily as a third wide receiver, posting 16 receptions for 153 yards. With the addition of Roscoe Parrish and the sudden improvement by wideout Sam Aiken, the Bills see little reason to keep Reed on the active roster with there strong interest in Simon. However according to two relaible league sources the Eagles will also ask for a third draft pick in this proposed deal

http://www.profootballcentral.com/

Its the first time Reed's name has been mentioned. Many on this board, including myself, have speculated that he could very well be part of any trade should it occur.

As long as the Bills have the cap room to sign him and it doesn't seriously hamper their efforts to keep Nate Clements, for Reed (I don't think the guy even makes the roster) and a 3rd, the Bills should pull the trigger.

With a tip of the hat to freester who posted about trading Moulds for Simon...

Now Pinkson's out for the year: LinkyDinky

Stands to reason they're going to go shopping for a wideout.

Does this make the Simon thing heat up again?

I still wouldn't trade Moulds.

400660[/snapback]

er, yeah, it was posted earlier.

Dear Football Central,

the word "there" is used to mean the opposite of "here". Note how similar the spellings are: here--->there.

the word "their" is a possessive pronoun, and is almost always followed by the possessed item: "Old McDonald sold THEIR farm, EI,-EI,-R."

Ross, I know you are into the whole "rumor" scene (only God knows why you are interested in the moronic suggestions of some 18 year old), but you would find more credible info at KFC before PFC...

You would do yourself a service by just losing that bookmark.

I don't believe it either. Simon for a guy with 153 yards on 16 catches to replace Pinkston? Seriously, seriously doubt it...but I'd be pleased to be wrong.

Well the Eagles were willing to deal Simon for a 2nd and 3rd rounder around draft time. I'd say Josh is worth a 3rd rounder, and add in another 3rd rounder and you'd have an appropriate drop in trade demands after so much time has passed and no one else is interested. But again, I doubt it happens and I'm sure Simon wants WAY too much money.

PFT is the enquirer of the NFL. Sometimes they get a story dead on and before everyone else, but more often than not, it is not accurate. Reed and a third for simon however does sound like a deal both sides might accept. I could handle that trade. I wish we could see edwards and anderson progress, but you cant pass up a guy like simon.

Look at it this way. If a month ago someone said trade travis for corey simon...everyone would be on board. In all likelyhood Reed will be cut anyway, and we got a third for travis. So in essesnce we trade travis for corey simon. Not a bad deal at all. DO IT TD!

Am I suppose to know the age of people that run web sites ? I don't think so.

If I see something with the Bills mentioned I post it...Not everything is true and not

everything is false. This is a message board for entertainment. People get to frickin

picky around here. Just lighten up and take it for what its worth.

Am I suppose to know the age of people that run web sites ?  I don't think so.

If I see something with the Bills mentioned I post it...Not everything is true and not

everything is false. This is a mesage board for entertainment. People get to frickin

picky around here. Just lighten up and take it for what its worth.

Chill, Dude!

I went to the Eagles board on their official page and you should have seen the trades they came up with. Moulds was quite popular, but one had Spikes and Evans. Thankfully, those who suggest those trades got told off in the delicate matter that Philly fans have. But from the Eagles end, I think Josh Reed would be a good fit. He was very productive his first two years but just fell off last year. He seems like the type of receiver who could be productive in the West coast offense. I just can't believe the guy is that bad of a player after how good he was in college. Sometimes a change of scenry is all a player needs. Plus, it will free up room for Parrish and some of the young wrs to step in. I think it would be a great trade for both teams. Simon seems like a good guy and probably would be motivate to prove himself. However if this means we aren't gonna sign Clements, that forget it. I think Clements is way more valuable than Simon. But I would love to see him on hthis defense. That's my two cents anyway. :D