Milloy was missed...Wire is terrible like Lindell

Rudyc80

First I was seriously considering not posting on this board again but after seeing the ridiculous posts about the season being over, I thought I could help considering i usually am 1 of those guys with the doom posts.

a few weeks back i said we were screwed with Milloy getting hurt, well Wire showed why today hes not a quality starter in the nfl......if milloy is playing today, WE WIN and heres why!

Milloy would have stopped that play in the endzone cause he would have been covering on that play and does not let our defense fall apart...maybe he would have dropped back in coverage with Nate and stopped smithy!

WIRE CANNOT COVER...I said that 1oo times butr was killed on this board for my comments but honestly we shot ourself in the foot quite a bit today and Moulds killed us also 2 times but my goats are Wire and Lindell and until we replace them....they WILL cost us more games and you can take that to the bank.

MILLOY COME BACK.......PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

Lindell might be the worse kicker in abig spot in the NFL!

Also to kelly the fair balanced fool....hows youre boy Wire looking today? Its funny everytime a busted play happens, Wire seems to have his number in the picture...but i bet you missed that!

First I was seriously considering not posting on this board again but after seeing the ridiculous posts about the season being over, I thought I could help considering i usually am 1 of those guys with the doom posts.

28229[/snapback]

Welcome back Rudy! ;) Thanks for the help! :blink:

I don't know if Milloy stops that play,

seems it was pre-destined to happen.

a few weeks back i said we were screwed with Milloy getting hurt, well Wire showed why today hes not a quality starter in the nfl......if milloy is playing today, WE WIN and heres why!

Milloy would have stopped that play in the endzone cause he would have been covering on that play and does not let our defense fall apart...maybe he would have dropped back in coverage with Nate and stopped smithy!

WIRE CANNOT COVER...I said that 1oo times butr was killed on this board for my comments but honestly we shot ourself in the foot quite a bit today and Moulds killed us also 2 times but my goats are Wire and Lindell and until we replace them....they WILL cost us more games and you can take that to the bank.

MILLOY COME BACK.......PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

Lindell might be the worse kicker in abig spot in the NFL!

Also to kelly the fair balanced fool....hows youre boy Wire looking today? Its funny everytime a busted play happens, Wire seems to have his number in the picture...but i bet you missed that!

28229[/snapback]

Wire did have a bad day out there today....but having said that he wasnt the reason we lost...This as much a team loss as you will get...

Dropped passes(Shaw, Reed, Campbell, Nuefield)

Fumbles(Moulds2/Campbell)

Questionable playcalling(Reverse to early, Moulds swing pass)

Penalties(Villarrial/Fletcher)

Situational playing(4th and 14...KNOCK the !@#$ING BALL DOWN)

(4th and 2...Bump the recievers at the line)

(4th and Goal...KNOCK the !@#$ING BALL DOWN)

Missed Field Goal(Lindell)

Sorry guy but this was a team loss

Wire did have a bad day out there today....but having said that he wasnt the reason we lost...This as much a team loss as you will get...

Dropped passes(Shaw, Reed, Campbell, Nuefield)

Fumbles(Moulds2/Campbell)

Questionable playcalling(Reverse to early, Moulds swing pass)

Penalties(Villarrial/Fletcher)

Situational playing(4th and 14...KNOCK the !@#$ING BALL DOWN)

(4th and 2...Bump the recievers at the line)

(4th and Goal...KNOCK the !@#$ING BALL DOWN)

Missed Field Goal(Lindell)

Sorry guy but this was a team loss

28250[/snapback]

I keep seeing people point to that Moulds fumble as a reason we lost...truth be told we ended up with a wash there because on the very next series (I think 2 plays later) Reese had the INT he returned inside the 5...Reese doesn't make that INT if Moulds doesn't fumble and we ended up pretty much back in the exact same spot we were, actually a little closer to the end zone.

I keep seeing people point to that Moulds fumble as a reason we lost...truth be told we ended up with a wash there because on the very next series (I think 2 plays later) Reese had the INT he returned inside the 5...Reese doesn't make that INT if Moulds doesn't fumble and we ended up pretty much back in the exact same spot we were, actually a little closer to the end zone.

28306[/snapback]

Good point...infact we netted a plus 4 yards on the wash (Moulds fumbled on the 7 yards line, Reese returned the INT to the 3)...

Still hurt to see that fumble, but for some reason I forgot we got the Ball right back...

28306[/snapback]

Yea but he still fumbled....One of the many times our offense was moving then something happened to stop the momentum

Were Moving Shaw drops 3rd down pass

Were Moving Swing pass to Moulds fumble

Were Moving Lindell misses FG

Were Moving Neufield drops pass

Were Moving busted Screen play

Were Moving Campbell fumbles(recovered), next play he drops 15 yard pass

Were Moving Henry and Bledsoe misfire on a handoff

Were Moving Moulds fumbles

Were Moving Holding Penalty

I can go on and on, but ill stop.

The earliest we might see Malloy would be after the bye, for game three, but something tells me it could be another game or two. He's not a young buck anymore. Healing takes a bit longer with each passing year. And yes, he was MISSED !!! Wire is toast. End the experiment.

28306[/snapback]

And only 3 points to show for it.

If you noticed toward the end of the first half on third down before their fieldgoal, the Jags ran that same play and Wilford (sp?) leaped over Wire for what was thought to be a touchdown but didn't land inbounds.  So wire got beat on that play not once but twice.  :doh:

28299[/snapback]

The irony is that had he actually not been burnt so bad on that first play, he might have been in better position closer to the receiver and pushed him as he caught it, and it might have been called a TD. ;)

The loss was not Wire's fault - but as long as he is in there a good DC should be able to exploit our defense. I would MUCH rather have PP in there - and wouldn't be surprised is Wire goes back on the bench before Milloy comes back.

BTW - for those who still think Wire's only liability is coverage and he is a great tackler - check your tape on the Jax drive following the Bills TD. I don't have the tape but I do remember making a mental note of seeing Wire flying in and whiffing on two tackles in a row at the beginning of the drive. There were other times I saw this happen throughout the game - and is exactly what I've seen time and time and time again anytime I've watched him play - going back to when he played <sarcasm on> "great"<sarcasm off> as a starting SS as a rookie . <_<

BTW - for those who still think Wire's only liability is coverage and he is a great tackler - check your tape on the Jax drive following the Bills TD.  I don't have the tape but I do remember making a mental note of seeing Wire flying in and whiffing on two tackles in a row at the beginning of the drive.  There were other times I saw this happen throughout the game - and is exactly what I've seen time and time and time again anytime I've watched him play - going back to when he played <sarcasm on> "great"<sarcasm off> as a starting SS as a rookie .  <_<

28739[/snapback]

Your absolutely right.....There was two Taylor runs in a row One Wire could of stoned Taylor for a 1-2yard gain and whiffed Taylor went on for 9 yards....The very next play they ran off the right tackle(almost identical play) and Wire got another shot to stop him for 3-4yards and he whiffed again Taylor went for 12(his longest run of the day)...Wire was in the right position on both plays just didnt make the play(the tackle)....

But He still not the reason we lost....

Guest Guest_BillsRebound_*

Wire didn't cost us the game but if Milloy is on the field, we win. We also win if McGahee is used on goal-line situations instead of Travis. We also win if Lindell makes that field goal - being up by 2 scores changes the complexion of that entire game.

Wire didn't cost us the game but if Milloy is on the field, we win.  We also win if McGahee is used on goal-line situations instead of Travis.  We also win if Lindell makes that field goal - being up by 2 scores changes the complexion of that entire game.

28769[/snapback]

Oh c'mon....The Defense was solid even with Wire on the field...No gaurantee that they win with Milloy in there(although the added leadership wouldnt of hurt)...

As for Mcgahee on goalline...WHY?? I like Mcgahee and all but Henry has had two straight double digit TD seasons....What has Mcgahee done run a couple TD's in, in preseason versus a #2 goalline Defenses....C'MON NOW

Guest Guest_BillsRebound_*

Did you see what McGahee did on the last drive? Those were basically goal-line type runs because Jax knew we were going to run the ball. McGahee still managed to always get positive yardage. I like Travis, but McGahee has better body lean (he has 20 pounds on Travis) and can dance better to find the small openings. Henry thinks he can run over defensive tackles. I also think Milloy has a nose for the ball and is either in the area on the Smith/Clements hail-mary or breaks up the Wilford TD.