SABRES SIGN SOMEBODY I'VE HEARD OF!!

The_Real

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a bad signing if it wasn't for too much money. If the Sabres insist on going with what they have for the most part, they are going to need some experience back there.

Now if they'll only sign someone that can score.

What AD said. Numminen is on the downside, but he can actually, you know, put a shot on net every once in a while. In that respect he's better than Zhitnik. Plus his experience is what our young blueliners need.

Better than Campbell, Jillson or Fitzpatrick, so in that regard he bumped one of these guys back to the minors. Being in the Western Conference, I can't say I remember Teppo's style of play that much, but it sounds like he will be a nice upgrade as a #5 or #6 defenseman.

Now that Darcy's blood is flowing again, it's time to go get a d-man who can be a part of the top 4.

1-McKee

2-Kalinin

3-Tallinder

4-New player via trade or F/A

5-Teppo

6-Fitzpatrick

7 -Campbell, Janik, Patrick or Jillson

Better than Campbell, Jillson or Fitzpatrick, so in that regard he bumped one of these guys back to the minors.  Being in the Western Conference, I can't say I remember Teppo's style of play that much, but it sounds like he will be a nice upgrade as a #5 or #6 defenseman.

Now that Darcy's blood is flowing again, it's time to go get a d-man who can be a part of the top 4.

1-McKee

2-Kalinin

3-Tallinder

4-New player via trade or F/A

5-Teppo

6-Fitzpatrick

7 -Campbell, Janik, Patrick or Jillson

398227[/snapback]

I think Numminen will be in the top four. He's got a lot more left in the tank than Patrick.

Just what we needed..a 37 year old minus player

398203[/snapback]

I don't know, I want to rag on this signing too. But the guy did play in a couple all-star games 5-6 years ago, so he must have something. We'll see

And we better keep on signing players!!!

I'll be interested to see the contract details.  Here is what Teppo made the last few years...

1999-00  2,250,000

2000-01  4,500,000 

2001-02  4,750,000 

2002-03  4,750,000   

2003-04  4,500,000

398249[/snapback]

Holy Cow, it better be far from those numbers!