The Official "I Can't Wait 'Till JP Comes Back"

I'm a Bledsoe fan.....but JP indicated on that NFL Rookie show the other night that he wants to be among the best QBs in the NFL......I can't help but be eager to see him attempt to accomplish that.

I'm eager to see JP too, but on a day when I see Drew being Decisive in the pocket, getting the ball out quickly, showing very good accuracy with receivers, not throwing INT's, and managing the game well (which BTW is what we've ALL been SCREAMING for).....Bringing in a QB who will need at least 2 years to learn how to read NFL defenses is not even something I would consider thinking about.

I'm not that upset with Drew, I just get the feeling the team is not going to have a good year and having JP play may provide a spark so the Bills can steal a few games...

28116[/snapback]

Agreed, and even more importantly get him some needed PT so he's not completely lost at the start of the 2005 Season...

Bringing in a QB who will need at least 2 years to learn how to read NFL defenses is not even something I would consider thinking about.

28113[/snapback]

He better learn fast, because JP will be starting Week 1 in 2005...

that is a lock. :blink:

Bringing in a QB who will need at least 2 years to learn how to read NFL defenses is not even something I would consider thinking about.

28113[/snapback]

Look...I'm not saying your wrong because the odds are in your favor no doubt...But who knows? Maybe JP is the exception to the rule. Maybe the Bills get him some PT in the 2nd half of this Season, and he's at least as good as he needs to be in 2005.

Right about now, it's a risk I'm willing to take unless I see this Offense simply take off under DB in the next few Games...I know chances are JP will struggle early on, but if we are still only scoring 10 points at Home with Drew, why the heck not?

This talk is assinine!

You guys have pretty much implicitly admitted that today's loss was partly DB's fault!

JP isn't going to make receivers stop fumbling or dropping balls. Nor will he help the secondary in 4th down coverage!

Please grow up!

Drew didnt do anything to lose the game, I give him that...but Losman strikes me as a guy who can just ignite an offense around him.  His confidence and ability to make things happen will make this team a winner...too bad it wont happen until next year  :blink:

28088[/snapback]

So Bledsoe has what I would describe as a "good" game. Not great, not super, but good and the Losman talk starts up. Is this what we have to listen to all year..

"what Losman would do if only he were here.."

Gimme a break. You're flushing Bledsoe for a freaking dream. Losman's unbelievable future grows bigger with every day he sits and eats ice cream.

If ever there was a loss where about 7 people and an offensive coordinator rank ahead of Bledsoe in the blame department then this is it. This blame the QB all the time shows a real lack of football knowledge, IMHO.

This talk is assinine!

You guys have pretty much implicitly admitted that today's loss was partly DB's fault!

JP isn't going to make receivers stop fumbling or dropping balls.  Nor will he help the secondary in 4th down coverage!

Please grow up!

28145[/snapback]

Drew played an pretty good conservative game overall, though he missed a wide open Shelton in the endzone on the play he took the sack.

The main problem with this team is that we want to play a conservative, ball control offense that lets our D win games for us...this inevitably leads to low scoring, close games....unfortunately we have one of the worst kickers in the league and a D that always seems to give up gaming winning drives late. That's a recipe for a bad season unless we can somehow starting learning to win close games. This is exactly what the Pats do and this Bills team needs to learn to do it too if they want to go to the postseason.

So Bledsoe has what I would describe as a "good" game. Not great, not super, but good and the Losman talk starts up.  Is this what we have to listen to all year..

"what Losman would do if only he were here.."

Gimme a break.  You're flushing Bledsoe for a freaking dream.  Losman's unbelievable future grows bigger with every day he sits and eats ice cream.

If ever there was a loss where about 7 people and an offensive coordinator rank ahead of Bledsoe in the blame department then this is it. This blame the QB all the time shows a real lack of football knowledge, IMHO.

28191[/snapback]

haha. he certainly does like his ice cream.

I think focusing the attention on JP over Bledsoe is pointless. JP isn't going to come in and turn this team around in one season. Never happens. I'm not ready to conceed two rebuilding years and a hope for a SB run in 2006 when Moulds is on the decline and Henry is playing for the Jets.

Bledsoe did everything he was asked to do today. MM brought in a game plan that allowed Bledsoe to compliment a dominant running game. Today he made good reads, made quick deliveries, took only a single sack, completed 17/26 passes, threw no interceptions. The passing game was only 40% of the Bills offense, and lead to the Bills only touchdown.

MM now needs to do what GW couldn't do. Fire a team up after a heartbreaking loss like today. A lot of times all a team 'needs' is a few wins to unite the group and get them believing.

I'm glad it's Oakland this week and not NE.