Video Crack

Astrobot

Losman throws to Euhus MOV QuickTime File

Losman throws to Evans in the corner of end zone Touchdown

Roscoe Buttonhooks on Goal Line--Pinpoint Throw by JP Linky

Losman Scrambles, Throws to Parrish Touchdown

Holcomb Throws Sideline to Somebody -- Can you tell who it is? Win Admiration From The Wall!!

The Rookie Receiver I Like Best That's Not Named Roscoe -- George Wilson For the TD Throw By Shane Matthews Practice Squad, Here I Come!

It's hotter than black enamel out there. I think it'll be a short practice this afternoon, then they're off to Lambeau.

Astro

What's he doing scrambling?!  He was under no pressure at all!

:blink:

397413[/snapback]

If you are being sarcastic, Dan, I apologize in advance for taking you seriously...

I was wondering the same thing, but then I thought:

a. perhaps the drill calls for JP only to stand in the pocket for a certain count, in order to approximate game conditions.

b. perhaps the team thinks it is not a bad thing for the receivers and QB to practice what it means to break off their routes and come back to the QB when he has to scramble.

Am I over-analyzing?

Losman throws to Euhus MOV QuickTime File

Losman throws to Evans in the corner of end zone Touchdown

Roscoe Buttonhooks on Goal Line--Pinpoint Throw by JP Linky

Losman Scrambles, Throws to Parrish Touchdown

Holcomb Throws Sideline to Somebody -- Can you tell who it is? Win Admiration From The Wall!!

The Rookie Receiver I Like Best That's Not Named Roscoe -- George Wilson For the TD Throw By Shane Matthews Practice Squad, Here I Come!

It's hotter than black enamel out there. I think it'll be a short practice this afternoon, then they're off to Lambeau.

Astro

397409[/snapback]

The un-named WR was Aiken, no?

397413[/snapback]

You know of the 7-7 drills I have seen he has been pretty solid with the feet. This was the first one where he was back there dancing a little.

And for those of you wondering he is dancing. It is even more pronounced in the 11-11 drills. Please pay attention anyone at camp. He just doesn't look comfortable at all in the pocket.

You know of the 7-7 drills I have seen he has been pretty solid with the feet.  This was the first one where he was back there dancing a little. 

And for those of you wondering he is dancing.  It is even more pronounced in the 11-11 drills.  Please pay attention anyone at camp.  He just doesn't look comfortable at all in the pocket.

397437[/snapback]

According to local reports the coaches are having him proceed as follows:

Read 1, read 2, read 3, take off... I was a little surprised by it at first as well but now it makes sense to me.

I noticed a little skiddishness though myself, but moreso early on in the sessions I saw.

You know of the 7-7 drills I have seen he has been pretty solid with the feet.  This was the first one where he was back there dancing a little. 

And for those of you wondering he is dancing.  It is even more pronounced in the 11-11 drills.  Please pay attention anyone at camp.  He just doesn't look comfortable at all in the pocket.

397437[/snapback]

I think we must be cursed. We had a QB who never left the pocket for the last three years, and the Wall jumped all over him for being a statue. Now we have a QB who likes to leave the pocket and throw on the run, and the Wall jumps all over him.

At camp, the worst I can say about Losman is that he is inconsistent. Now remember everyone, this is still the first week of camp, it'll take him awhile to get into the groove. But what I can say is that I saw a steady improvement in him with each practice...that should be enough to comfort most people around here that he'll be ready to roll against the Texans.

According to local reports the coaches are having him proceed as follows:

Read 1, read 2, read 3, take off... I was a little surprised by it at first as well but now it makes sense to me.

I noticed a little skiddishness though myself, but moreso early on in the sessions I saw.

397445[/snapback]

why does everyone assume that "happy feet" mean the QB is uncomfortable? anyone ever watch peyton manning?

i liken it to the way a boxer keeps his feet moving...when you stand flat-footed, you can't react to anything quickly.

we need to see JP in LIVE GAME ACTION before coming to any conclusions about whether or not he's leaving the pocket too early or is "uncomfortable."

of course, that's just my couple o' pennies worth...

why does everyone assume that "happy feet" mean the QB is uncomfortable?  anyone ever watch peyton manning?

i liken it to the way a boxer keeps his feet moving...when you stand flat-footed, you can't react to anything quickly.

we need to see JP in LIVE GAME ACTION before coming to any conclusions about whether or not he's leaving the pocket too early or is "uncomfortable."

397453[/snapback]

Peyton's "happy feet" generally have to do with his progressions. He's also the exception to the rule.

The play that concerns me is the buttonhook in the 7-on-7 where he basically would have ended up stuck in the center's ass by the time he released the ball.

I agree that we need to see JP in a game and also think that it's likely he will do some "Bledsoe" stupid things this season. It's going to be part of the process and it'll likely take into his third season until the game slows down.

397413[/snapback]

everyone was covered so he scrambles to force the WR's to react to him which throws off the DB's.

Notice how quick the WR's were to change routes? This is encouraging.

On Sirius this morning JP said himself he is looking to throw first. Pat Kirwan and Vic Carruchi both said that if JP learns to scramble and look to throw first then he will be successful. They mentioned that Big Ben did this alot and was looking downfield. Plaxico Burress said that the WR's reacted well to Big Ben when he did this.

They asked MM if he was trying to drill it into JP's head about throw first and run 2nd. MM said he isn't going to force him to do this. He said in camp JP has done both. It is in his hands.

What's he doing scrambling?! He was under no pressure at all!

I think it's to simulate a game situation, working on the internal clock. They're down at the 5.

He's basically got 2 or 3 seconds to get the prescribed play off. When that fails, the progression should be 1 of 2 things.

1) Roll out of the pocket, effectively 'breaking down' the play allowing receivers time to break free or if that fails, run it himself.

or

2) Stay where you are in the pocket and PAT PAT PAT :blink:

I did see the "happy feet" at times, yesterday and today after one of you mentioned it. I have to agree with the poster that likened it to a boxer.

I have a feeling on the scramble that this was either

(a) something the coaches wanted to practice or

(b) JP moving to get a LB out of the way.

Astro

why does everyone assume that "happy feet" mean the QB is uncomfortable?  anyone ever watch peyton manning?

397453[/snapback]

I was merely trying to explain to VA why it appeared that JP was leaving early when it was mostly all by design of the coaches. So basically, I agree with you.