ESPN Radio says 20 minutes to Henry trade

At the risk of getting flamed, is there ANY possible scenario that hasn't been beaten to death? Or is this the countdown to the board crash?

FTR, I actually predicted it would stay up this time, Scott.

383114[/snapback]

We have come a long ways since last season, which was a miserable one for our community.

I think this season will be radically different, which isn't to say it will be trouble free, but those times should be drastically reduced. During the draft, the only two sites that handled the load was bb.com and us, so we have reason to be optimistic.

One bright spot on the horizon is that our board software is going through a major upgrade. The claim is that it is much more efficient than the current version. I also have the SCSI disc scenario in my back pocket, but I want to hold off until it the software is released.

The downside to all of this is that there are only 20 or so days out of the year that we can determine performance... Hopefully, we have all the pieces in place for a great 2005 season...

As always, I welcome any suggestions to make everything run a little better.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just came back with a recap, said that Chris Mortensen is reporting Travis to the Titans, completed by Monday.

Says Lenny P has confirmed the deal is done

On Monday, the deal is announced...Bills get a 3rd rounder.

Haha...it seems like Travis' agent wanted him to go to the Jags, but the Jags wouldnt pony up the draft pick so TD just sent him to the Titans, even without a long-term contract negotiation.

I knew this was going to happen...The Jags were dicking around for too long with their reluctance to up their offer. You snooze, you lose.

Because the Tennessee 3rd should end up very high 3rd round & Jax won't go beyond a 3rd with a contingent 2nd.  Jax pick will be much lower in the round, so even if we go with the contingent 2nd, there's a chance Taylor comes back, puts Henry on the bench & we only get Jax's 3rd when we could have picked 20-25 picks higher with Tennessee's.  Take the more certain thing now. 

I never could figure out why Jax was even negotiating an extension with a better back already there unless they feared Taylor is done, in which case they should have just given us a flat 2.  Tennessee on the other hand will upgrade the position with Henry & an extension makes a lot more sense.

383152[/snapback]

Just conjecture but I think the Jags were in a bind. They really don't know if they will have Taylor back. It's probably still completely up in the air now and Taylor himself is probably saying I will be 100% by the first game. They don't want to give up too much for Henry and then have a healthy Taylor and a disgruntled Henry, paying him on a long term extension. They probably worry that taylor won't be ready but are not sure.

We have come a long ways since last season, which was a miserable one for our community.

I think this season will be radically different, which isn't to say it will be trouble free, but those times should be drastically reduced.  During the draft, the only two sites that handled the load was bb.com and us, so we have reason to be optimistic.

One bright spot on the horizon is that our board software is going through a major upgrade.  The claim is that it is much more efficient than the current version.  I also have the SCSI disc scenario in my back pocket, but I want to hold off until it the software is released.

The downside to all of this is that there are only 20 or so days out of the year that we can determine performance...  Hopefully, we have all the pieces in place for a great 2005 season...

As always, I welcome any suggestions to make everything run a little better.

383154[/snapback]

You guys who run this site do a fantastic job. As a matter of fact, this recently became my homepage over google. Great job!!!

I think a 3rd is a steal for the bills.  The patriots gave a 2nd for Corey Dillon and he is 3 times the running back travis is.  Take it now!

383144[/snapback]

Miami gave up a 3rd for Lamar Gordan last year, and Henry is 10 times the back that Gordan is. As many here have tried to described you cannot compare past trades that were done with trades being proposed right now.

There are too many variables to list which affect a given trade. If a trade doesn't get done now Henry's value could go up or down from a 3rd. If a lot of starting RBs get serious injuries in training camp Henry's value will skyrocket. If we we see almost no injuries his value will go down.

I was one of the "those people" that said we should keep Henry as a back up for the season. At $1.2 million I thought it was a good insurance policy if something happens to McGahee. How good will a 3rd round pick look if we have Shaud as the feature back in our running game?

If Henry is gone by Monday I hope we use that cap space to extend Clements.

Miami gave up a 3rd for Lamar Gordan last year, and Henry is 10 times the back that Gordan is.  As many here have tried to described you cannot compare past trades that were done with trades being proposed right now.

There are too many variables to list which affect a given trade.  If a trade doesn't get done now Henry's value could go up or down from a 3rd.  If a lot of starting RBs get serious injuries in training camp Henry's value will skyrocket.  If we we see almost no injuries his value will go down.

I was one of the "those people" that said we should keep Henry as a back up for the season.  At $1.2 million I thought it was a good insurance policy if something happens to McGahee.  How good will a 3rd round pick look if we have Shaud as the feature back in our running game?

If Henry is gone by Monday I hope we use that cap space to extend Clements.

383214[/snapback]

You forget RaShard Lee

PTR

No I didn't.  I think Shaud will be the starter if McGahee can't.  Lee will get carries no mater who starts but he will not be our feature back.

383221[/snapback]

I really don't think that Shaud has the size to be an every down back. He's just way too small. Tough fukker and not bad as a #3 or to fill in for a half but I think if Willis goes down there isn't much chance that Shaud is our #1 for any length of time. That is why they picked up Lee, IMO.

I really don't think that Shaud has the size to be an every down back. He's just way too small. Tough fukker and not bad as a #3 or to fill in for a half but I think if Willis goes down there isn't much chance that Shaud is our #1 for any length of time. That is why they picked up Lee, IMO.

383230[/snapback]

Dang. He IS little. I just looked it up.

Shaud - 5'7" 193

Travis - 5'9" 215

Just conjecture but I think the Jags were in a bind. They really don't know if they will have Taylor back. It's probably still completely up in the air  now and Taylor himself is probably saying I will be 100% by the first game. They don't want to give up too much for Henry and then have a healthy Taylor and a disgruntled Henry, paying him on a long term extension. They probably worry that taylor won't be ready but are not sure.

383156[/snapback]

Only a year from turning 30, Taylor is three years older than Henry with a well documented history of injuries that will probably hasten his retirement. He's as fragile as glass and can't be counted on to play for anywhere near 16 games. The Jagoffs dropped the ball on this one, IMHO.