• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me more, what did he say?

383128[/snapback]

Mortensen didnt come on, it was just whoever the ESPN Radio personality is at this time. He said that league sources confirmed to ESPN that the Bills will be sending Travis to the Titans for a 3rd rounder, regardless of any contract negotiations with the Jags. Said that the entire situation was very interesting, considering how close the Jags were. Said the deal would be made by Monday, or Tuesday by the latest. Also called for listeners to stay tuned, they'll have more on it.

Tell me more, what did he say?

383128[/snapback]

He never came on, the host said Mortensen confirmed with league sources that Henry would go to Tennessee by Monday or Tuesday for a straight up pick not contingent pick. (Malta's version may be more accurate since I was typing when they were talking)

Most prior reports are 3rd rounder, which if Tennessee is as bad as most people think will be in the mid 60's, almost as good as a late 2nd.

Travis to the Titans.  Wow...they say it'll be done by Monday or Tuesday

383123[/snapback]

I wouldn't put much into this. A report in my local newspaper this morning (Orlando), has a quote from Del Rio saying that Henry to the Jags will happen "In a few days".

Its still a crapshoot.........lets wait for the highest bidder.

Mortensen didnt come on, it was just whoever the ESPN Radio personality is at this time.  He said that league sources confirmed to ESPN that the Bills will be sending Travis to the Titans for a 3rd rounder, regardless of any contract negotiations with the Jags.  Said that the entire situation was very interesting, considering how close the Jags were.  Said the deal would be made by Monday, or Tuesday by the latest.  Also called for listeners to stay tuned, they'll have more on it.

383132[/snapback]

Regardless of negotiations? Isnt that a little silly? What is Jacksonville feels desperate enough to offer a little more? Why would TD tie up his hands when more could be had from this trade?

I know.  Too little.  Hindsight being 20/20, they should have traded him LAST year.

383140[/snapback]

Valid point, but we werent sure what we were getting in Willis last year. I personally want TH to stick around until training camp, when I think we can get more for him.

I know.  Too little.  Hindsight being 20/20, they should have traded him LAST year.

383140[/snapback]

They should have traded him right when they drafted McGahee. We could have got 5 first rounders.

Regardless of negotiations?  Isnt that a little silly?  What is Jacksonville feels desperate enough to offer a little more?  Why would TD tie up his hands when more could be had from this trade?

383138[/snapback]

I think they meant it more as in "Even though the Jags are further along with contract negotiations than the Titans, that wont handcuff the Bills to sending Travis JUST to the Jags". The whole point was whoever offered the best deal, got Travis...not whoever was further along in negotations.

Sorry, I wanted to get the news out quickly and the wording was slightly messed up.

I think they meant it more as in "Even though the Jags are further along with contract negotiations than the Titans, that wont handcuff the Bills to sending Travis JUST to the Jags".  The whole point was whoever offered the best deal, got Travis...not whoever was further along in negotations.

Sorry, I wanted to get the news out quickly and the wording was slightly messed up.

383143[/snapback]

OK.

Still not really what I want to hear. I want to hear TH for a 2nd, or TH for a LT, but Ill accept it, and update my Madden roster accordingly.

Travis for a freaking 3rd ?   :lol:

383137[/snapback]

Thats sadly the market, it was a rough year to trade RBs. Heck, if the Colts and Seahawks couldnt even move Alexander or Edge for 2nd rounders, we should have known we couldnt swindle a 2nd rounder out of some team for Travis Henry.

If only the Atlanta Falcons needed a RB...we could have gotten another first rounder from Hotlanta.

I think a 3rd is a steal for the bills.  The patriots gave a 2nd for Corey Dillon and he is 3 times the running back travis is.  Take it now!

383144[/snapback]

No kidding. For a while there I thought we were going to settle for a 5th.

I think a 3rd is a steal for the bills.  The patriots gave a 2nd for Corey Dillon and he is 3 times the running back travis is.  Take it now!

383144[/snapback]

A 2004 Patriots 2nd rounder likely isn't all that much different than a 2006 Titans 3rd rounder (meaning #64 vs. #70 or so), unless the Titans surprise an awful lot of people.

Regardless of negotiations?  Isnt that a little silly?  What is Jacksonville feels desperate enough to offer a little more?  Why would TD tie up his hands when more could be had from this trade?

383138[/snapback]

Because the Tennessee 3rd should end up very high 3rd round & Jax won't go beyond a 3rd with a contingent 2nd. Jax pick will be much lower in the round, so even if we go with the contingent 2nd, there's a chance Taylor comes back, puts Henry on the bench & we only get Jax's 3rd when we could have picked 20-25 picks higher with Tennessee's. Take the more certain thing now.

I never could figure out why Jax was even negotiating an extension with a better back already there unless they feared Taylor is done, in which case they should have just given us a flat 2. Tennessee on the other hand will upgrade the position with Henry & an extension makes a lot more sense.

383140[/snapback]

Trade him when? Before McGahee proved he could play? Yeah, right! TD played this as well as he could and deserves credit for not caving when the John "Pencil-neck geek" Clayton was saying he blew it for not taking a 5th during the draft. Odds are a 3rd from Tenn. will be a higher pick than a 3rd from Jax.

PTR