Deal Done! NHL is finally back!

agilen

YES! YES! YES!

I've got my ice back come fall! YAHOOOOOO!!

LETS GO BUFFALO! The Sabres can be dangerous this year. We have some outstanding Offense coming in from ROC. The free agent market can be advantageous as well. We need 1 or 2 solid vet Defenseman to come in. I think Zhitnik might be gone. Kalinin is our best D man. Mckee has lost a step and I don't think he will regain form. I really want to see Jillson step it up this year as he can be a good player.

I think MIRO will leave however. Although I would love to see him come back and play with Vanek on the same line with Drury at center. BAM!!

Lets get back to hockey boys! And Bills football. See I didn't forget about the gridiron! :)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2106776

hockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockey

380683[/snapback]

Thanks CORP! This is the best post of the day bar none!!

The next month is going to be very crazy. I've always been a big fan of the first week of free agency in sports, all the signings and rumors. This entire month, and probably beyond that, will be just like that. I think I may actually be drooling right now.

As a way to make amends with the fans, maybe the NHL Center Ice Package on DirecTV will be free for all or half the season?

One can hope....

380720[/snapback]

There have actually been some rumors for some kind of centre ice deal. Might be free in the beginning of the year, or maybe free for this year if you sign up for next year as well. Either way, i'll buy it if I still live outside of Sabres country come October.

Since teams over the cap will have to release players, and teams with cap room like the Sabres will be able to add, who would you like to see in a Sabres uniform?  For me, I would love to have Mike Peca back, losing him was the beginning of the end.

380621[/snapback]

Peca's taken too much physical punishment, IMO. He's not the guy we all remember so fondly anymore.

People who actually understand how great the game really is.  But feel free to continue 'tarding up the thread with your special brand of wisdom.

380775[/snapback]

well said...all the schmoes bashing hockey are probably all ankle skaters....what other sport do you need to learn a whole new mode of transportation, before you can even play...there are 2 types of people in the world...those that can skate and play hockey and those that wish their parents would have taught them to skate so they could play hockey

well said...all the schmoes bashing hockey are probably all ankle skaters....what other sport do you need to learn a whole new mode of transportation, before you can even play...there are 2 types of people in the world...those that can skate and play hockey and those that wish their parents would have taught them to skate so they could play hockey

380781[/snapback]

well said, and damn true!!!

The next month is going to be very crazy.  I've always been a big fan of the first week of free agency in sports, all the signings and rumors.  This entire month, and probably beyond that, will be just like that.  I think I may actually be drooling right now.

380722[/snapback]

Here are a few good links I used to use to follow player movement at the trading deadline:

SportzDomain

Spector's Hockey

Oh, and there's always <this one>

those that wish their parents would have taught them to skate so they could play hockey

380781[/snapback]

Hey, Thats me!!! :)

I still love hockey and can't wait until the season. Two sports to look forward to this fall.