More bad news for the radical left..

Article

Looks like those nasty, terrrible, evil tax breaks that GWB and friends gave to all of us actually did create more tax revenue and lower the deficit.

Hmmm, I thought that the earth was going to stop spinning and the doors to Hell would open up and swallow us because we allowed our elected officials to let us keep some of our money.

can't wait to see how moveon.frog spins this one. Any guesses on what thier headlines will be???

Article

Looks like those nasty, terrrible, evil tax breaks that GWB and friends gave to all of us actually did create more tax revenue and lower the deficit.

Hmmm, I thought that the earth was going to stop spinning and the doors to Hell would open up and swallow us because we allowed our elected officials to let us keep some of our money.

can't wait to see how moveon.frog spins this one. Any guesses on what thier headlines will be???

380393[/snapback]

Oh, just more "bloviating" from you!

Oh, just more "bloviating" from you!

380400[/snapback]

excuse me but since when is stateing the facts bloviating??

try reading the article and making a reasonable comment on it. I know that this is hard because it may totally go against your politics, but at least give it some effort.

Article

380393[/snapback]

"In a speech to the American Enterprise Institute, the former Federal Reserve governor said if the increased tax collections continue along with spending controls, the government`s budget deficit will be reduced below its projected level."

Ummm..... Richio, do you ever actually read the articles you link to? All this one actually says is: If, Then Maybe, We Think.... :o:doh::doh:

And then goes on to say...

"Earlier this year, the White House projected a 427-billion-dollar shortfall for the fiscal year that ends September 30th.

Some private analysts have projected the deficit will actually be closer to 350-billion-dollars."

Yep, still the worst deficit in US History, but not quite as bad as we thought it would be... :doh::doh::doh:

PS: Spending Controls????? This Congress?????? :):lol:

Article

380393[/snapback]

Sounds like that gas is back.

Hey, the trade deficit went down 2.6% this month too.  I'm sure the President and Congress were directly responsible for that too. :)

380666[/snapback]

We can blame Clinton for this.

Uhh, wait, this is good news right?

Just more evidence that President Bush is a genius.

We can blame Clinton for this.

Uhh, wait, this is good news right?

Just more evidence that President Bush is a genius.

380922[/snapback]

Hey rubes, not a genious, just right. Why is thast so hard to understand?

This is the entire point of this thread.....even when the news is good...the folks on the left find doom and devistation in it. No wonder they are the party of no....and nothing else.

This is the entire point of this thread.....even when the news is good...the folks on the left find doom and devistation in it. No wonder they are the party of no....and nothing else.

380929[/snapback]

I can just picture you sitting behind your keyboard thinking "Maybe if I call this news 'good' often enough, no one will notice how delusional I am."

Article

380393[/snapback]

Let's call it a dead body bounce. We're still far short of even paying the debt caused by the cuts.

nice to see some recover though.

380929[/snapback]

Uh, the "news" that you are claiming as fact, is just hopeful speculation, hence the bloviating!

Karl Rove.

380920[/snapback]

White Water.

Hillary.

moral corruption.

Monica.

lock box.

Al Gore invented the internet!

Michael Moore. :)

Did they have one of those "two for Tuesday" specials on standards yesterday?

Let's call it a dead body bounce. We're still far short of even paying the debt caused by the cuts.

nice to see some recover though.

380986[/snapback]

Tax cuts didn't cause the deficit. The government is taking in more money since they cut taxes. Don't let little things like facts get in the way of proving your moronica.

White Water.

Hillary.

moral corruption.

Monica.

lock box.

Al Gore invented the internet!

Michael Moore. :)

Did they have one of those "two for Tuesday" specials on standards yesterday?

381003[/snapback]

Are you trying to make me nostalgic?? :lol:

RE: Deficits and National Debt. Rand Corp estimated it cost US 6 trillion to win Cold War which was at end of CW just what our accrued Nat'l Debt amounted to. It was worth every penny.

This war will last as long and be even more expensive and even more worth it.

380929[/snapback]

I don't see CTM lighting candles in church to thank God for this great "news", does that mean he's a radical lefty?

Goodness. I choose to believe that even YOU don't believe half of what you post, because that could only mean your medical condition is far worse than you've shared with us. You don't have to be brave and suffer in silence, you can tell us...anything's better than witnessing these delusions ...I didn't realize biliousness caused delusions but I can see how it would happen. I should say I HAVE seen how it happens... :D

Article

380393[/snapback]

Wow - imagine that, a White House Economic Advisor (read - a guy who works in or for the administration) is telling us that things are going better than expected due to the policies of the adminsitration. He is predicting that the defecit will be below previous projections if the increase in tax collections and spending controls are put in place. Yes sir, that's some real proof that current tax cut policies are working.

Of course he doesn't offer any numbers or real data to back that up (non-partisan numbers would be great).

Nonetheless, I'm ready to declare victory - if only we could remember where we put that "Mission Accomplished" banner...