LONDON IS UNDER ATTACK

It's actually pretty good discourse, Ramius. You just have to eliminate the name calling and you've got insightful discussions at a pretty high level. Much higher than I find at a business meeting or round of golf.

376509[/snapback]

I've read some of it and yes you guys do have some lively debates with some valid points...and some ones i still cant understand (cough...mickey....cough)

my point was that we were discussing the attacks from a news standpoint, and thats what i was looking for...but it turned into a poiltical debate, which isnt what i was looking for...not tryin to belittle anyone here, just sayin that it was insightful to read nick's comentary without the debate...

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

my point was that we were discussing the attacks from a news standpoint, and thats what i was looking for...but it turned into a poiltical debate, which isnt what i was looking for...not tryin to belittle anyone here, just sayin that it was insightful to read nick's comentary without the debate...
You got a good point Ramius...But something like this will always spark debate...good or bad.

CNN Thingy

You would think that they could shorten their name just a little.

376542[/snapback]

One of the analysts on MSNBC said he doubted the credibility of this group because on the original web posting they had an erroneous reference in the Quran, which is improbable for AQ.

CNN Thingy

376542[/snapback]

Ohh that's a cool name, wonder how they came up......... ding

Hot Pockets done. Wonder which American Idol rerun is on tonight? jeez wouldn;t it be neat if they could change who won during the reruns? :devil:

Oh look something shiny.

Nick,

If your able, any news on whether any damage done to the new staion being built there at Kings Cross. For those who have never been, Kings Cross a major junction point for the tube, as well they are building a new station for a high speed train that will join the chunnel .

Better than being the idiots who goes around stalking and verbally attacking others.

376503[/snapback]

yeah that's it...i love to stalk people on an internet message board...what will my wife think....funny that there was no mention on here of you, yet you sought me out....

what I like to do is point out that you and the rest of your internet cowboy clan like to pile on people on this board, but if someone brings it back at you...you whine....

Sorry if world events are getting in the way of your discussions of:

1) The World Series of Poker

2) What movies you have watched

3) What television shows you have watched

4) The latest dog seatbelt laws

Need a ride?

376506[/snapback]

yes the same views political views, of the same 6 people, repeated for the 1,567th time seems much more interesting...

yeah that's it...i love to stalk people on an internet message board...what will my wife think....funny that there was no mention on here of you, yet you sought me out....

what I like to do is point out that you and the rest of your internet cowboy clan like to pile on people on this board, but if someone brings it back at you...you whine....

376559[/snapback]

Here he comes to save the day. Tatertot, defender of those on the internet that threaten others, wish them to commit suicide or pour a beer over their head. Of course those actions are okay, but damn if anyone should call them out for it.

Are you an ACLU lawyer who defended the rights of that killer/rapist in Idaho, just so the big bad government didn't make him stay in jail where he could rape little boys and girls?

Could it be that everyone who's involved in the GWOT has steadfastedly said that the process will take a long, long, long time and many more terrorist attacks will occur in the meantime?  No one who is directly working in this arena has dismissed diplomacy as a major avenue to win this war, along with strong military encoursions in key areas.

If anything, you continue to demonstrate the reactionary naivete that if terrorists succeed in one of potentially dozens of attempts, then our efforts are failing.

If you go around the board calling people stupid for not understanding your post, perhaps you can work a bit better on making a cogent point from the start.

376480[/snapback]

Why don't you read the sarcastic reply that comment was in response to before giving advice? If you are going to be critical of that kind of thing, at least be fair about it and recognize who fired the first shot.

I don't think pointing out the long, long history of military operations failing to stop terrorism is either reactionary or naive. Perhaps worse is the pollyannish belief that military operations will work, everything is just hunky-dory and the insurgency is in its "last throes". The idea that military operations will not stop terrorism is supported by way too much evidence, historical and contemporary, to categorize it as a reactionary view based just on todays events.

My main point that military operations won't stop terrorism and ultimately, a political solution will be necessary is not just my own view. The US military seems to agree hence their willingness to meet with insurgency leaders and to incorporate them, if they are willing, into the political process in Iraq. If you read back throught the posts, you will see that my initial observation was just that and the response it engendered was accusations of appeasment, abandonment of Israel and similar crap.

CNN Thingy

376542[/snapback]

This is brilliant. No way the world will want to fight these guys because their name is way too freakin' long.

Here's what I loved best from the article in quoting the Grand United group of Douchebag al Qaeda Up Your Nose With A Rubber Hose radical group. Tell me who it sounds like:

"We gave the warning, so we should not be blamed."

But yet, you are still reading the thread. Need a ride Einstein?

376566[/snapback]

yes b/c I posted to get a rise out of you idiots..checked to see if you bit..you did..including you.. a loser that needs to register another name to bust on people...congrats on being a loser...BTW I am done here.. so your responses will go unread

Here he comes to save the day.  Tatertot, defender of those on the internet that threaten others, wish them to commit suicide or pour a beer over their head.  Of course those actions are okay, but damn if anyone should call them out for it. 

Are you an ACLU lawyer who defended the rights of that killer/rapist in Idaho, just so the big bad government didn't make him stay in jail where he could rape little boys and girls?

376571[/snapback]

Perfect, you disprove his accusation that the board is nothing but the same trite political views over and over again by blaming the ACLU because a wack job in Idaho killed and molested kids. Why not toss in a few "tax and spend", "free love" or "activist judge" references to slam it home how insightful the debates are around here?

Why don't you read the sarcastic reply that comment was in response to before giving advice?  If you are going to be critical of that kind of thing, at least be fair about it and recognize who fired the first shot.

376572[/snapback]

Unfortunately, Mickey, your reputation preceeds you as you so quickly got off point and into attack mode simply because of some sarcasm. But you don't even bother with return sarcasm, Mick. You go straight to "You're stupid because you don't agree with me."

How can anyone with so much to say have so little ability to effectively say it? You remind me of Let'sGoBuffalo. You couldn't have a conversation with him either without the first thing coming out of his skull being "Well you're a !@#$ing moron for thinking that way."

Great, Mick. You and LGB. Good company there.

yes the same views political views, of the same 6 people, repeated for the 1,567th time seems much more interesting...

376564[/snapback]

Feel free to add a fresh perspective if you find the 1,567 previous iterations so tiring.

Hey kids, look. Paris Hilton is doing a hot dog commercial. I can't believe what she's doing with the props.

yes b/c I posted to get a rise out of you idiots..checked to see if you bit..you did..including you.. a loser that needs to register another name to bust on people...congrats on being a loser...BTW I am done here.. so your responses will go unread

376580[/snapback]

:doh: