First Planned Trip to Ralph

Ok so as a 26 yr old die-hard fan since the age of 4 Ive never had the chance to see the Bills play live because I grew up in Central America. This year however, one of my best friends here at law school who is from Buffalo decided that he and I and a couple other guys are going to trek to Buffalo from Indiana and go see a game. That being said and my excitement being a given, are there any "traditions" that I should be sure not to miss before the game? I know here at school we have all kinds of rituals and things to do and I dont want to miss out on anything. Any advice would be much appreciated. As a sidenote, I know he already has the tickets but I dont know what game theyre for in case that makes a difference, THANKS!

Ok so as a 26 yr old die-hard fan since the age of 4 Ive never had the chance to see the Bills play live because I grew up in Central America. This year however, one of my best friends here at law school who is from Buffalo decided that he and I and a couple other guys are going to trek to Buffalo from Indiana and go see a game. That being said and my excitement being a given, are there any "traditions" that I should be sure not to miss before the game? I know here at school we have all kinds of rituals and things to do and I dont want to miss out on anything. Any advice would be much appreciated. As a sidenote, I know he already has the tickets but I dont know what game theyre for in case that makes a difference, THANKS!

376230[/snapback]

Where in Central America? Honduras?

:devil:

You will have a blast at the Ralph. Get there early, tailgate, walk around, go to the Fieldhouse..........In Buffalo, check out Chippewa Street, eat wings, beef on weck, drink mass quantities of Canadian beer and yell your lungs out at the game. That is what we do..............................

GO BILLS

Absolutely go to the fieldhouse. Face the front door and take a 90 degree right turn. Keep walking about 200 yards and then ask anyone "where is the Pinto?"

Go to the Pinto, have a taste of the food they cook on and in the car, say hello to Ken and ask for a "bowling ball shot".

Then you'll be a true Bills Fan.

Do you know which game you'll be attending? If it's the opener, you can check the Tailgate East forum to see what's going on then. Basically, we have our annual tailgate across the street from RICH @ Hammer's lot. People start to show up there about 6am or so. Show up and meet the gang.

If you're going to another game, we tailgate @ Lot 1, Pole 5. Like aussiew said, it's just to the right of the fieldhouse, so it's not too tough to find.

On Sat. night, go to either Duff's (on Sheridan and Millersport) or the Anchor Bar. I prefer Duff's but both are outstanding. Wings, fries with gravy, canadian beer...mmmmmm. This is a critical part of the trip.

Get to the game EARLY. 9 AM at the latest. Bring lots of food and beer and just soak up the atmosphere. Bring a seat cushion or buy one at the game. Also, if it's a september game, bring sunscreen and a hat -- there are lots of sunny days at the ralph and half the stadium just cooks away in the sun -- the bleachers are like sitting in a giant aluminum reflector.

Go bills.

On Sat. night, go to either Duff's (on Sheridan and Millersport) or the Anchor Bar.  I prefer Duff's but both are outstanding.  Wings, fries with gravy, canadian beer...mmmmmm.  This is a critical part of the trip.

Get to the game EARLY.  9 AM at the latest.  Bring lots of food and beer and just soak up the atmosphere.  Bring a seat cushion or buy one at the game.  Also, if it's a september game, bring sunscreen and a hat -- there are lots of sunny days at the ralph and half the stadium just cooks away in the sun -- the bleachers are like sitting in a giant aluminum reflector.

Go bills.

376685[/snapback]

I'm not sure if you plan to attend the opener, but if you do, we will be meeting @ Duff's on Friday night (Sept. 9th).

You will have a blast at the Ralph. Get there early, tailgate, walk around, go to the Fieldhouse..........In Buffalo, check out Chippewa Street, eat wings, beef on weck, drink mass quantities of Canadian beer and yell your lungs out at the game.  That is what we do..............................

GO BILLS

:doh:

376376[/snapback]

I have been to many Bills games, but this year I am bringing my brother and my best friend to the Jets game. This will be the first time my friend has ever been to Buffalo, and the first time in about 20 years that my brother has been back there. I have been trying to expplain to them the normal behavior that goes on in Buffalo from Friday to Sunday when the Bills are playing at the Ralph. I just emailed them both the above quote, cause I could not have said it any better than that!!!

you guys are awesome thanks. Bowling Ball shots sound awesome. We were taking em out of fishbowls at school once. Im not sure what game yet, but I will let you guys know and maybe meet a couple of you. Don't worry, I am a seasoned tailgater with no problems holding my licor or anyone else's for that matter, lol.

oddly enoufg I hadnt even thought about the seat cushions, we dont sit  during any of the games at school and I forgot that was an option. I look forward to that!

377918[/snapback]

If you bring a seat cushion to a football game, make sure you carry it into the stadium in your purse.

Beware, there are a lot of classless drunken idiots there. The Ralph used to be a family-friendly place but not anymore.

I once saw a guy walking around the stadium with a huge home made Abraham Lincoln style, skin-colored "tophat" that was shaped like a penis. It had absolutely no point whatsoever, except to showcase the wearer's ignorance and stupidity.

Bowling Ball shots, and food from the back of a Pinto? What the Hell, I am game... :D

See you in Oct!

Go Bills!

378266[/snapback]

Phins or Jets? I'm going to the Jets game, so if you go to that one, I'll see you there. That'll make up for the fact that we didn't get a chance to meet when I was out in AZ last year.