See ya, Hank

NFL Films had great footage of him on the sidelines from Super Bowl IV. I'll never forget his reaction when Otis Taylor caught a pass on the sidelines and went 46 yards for a TD.

Stram was also fun to listen to when he did color commentary on MNF radio broadcasts.

NFL Films had great footage of him on the sidelines from Super Bowl IV. I'll never forget his reaction when Otis Taylor caught a pass on the sidelines and went 46 yards for a TD.

Stram was also fun to listen to when he did color commentary on MNF radio broadcasts.

374507[/snapback]

Jack Buck and Hank Stram. The best reason to turn down the sound on the TV broadcast and listen to it on the radio. I think Buck was very underated as a football play by play guy.

You know how some guys define a profession...Hank was the pro football coach I thought of in my mind..firey, direct, tough as nails.

Rest in Peace Hank...a little prayer for Jack Buck also..you guys will be together this fall doing MNF games upstairs.

"Christ, Kassulke was running around there like a Chinese fire drill..."

Stram: "Mr. Official, how can six of you miss a call like that?"

Ref: "Better step back coach, or I'll call one for you being on the field."

Stram: "Whaa....WHAT?"

374507[/snapback]

NFL Films on Stram is good stuff. RIP Hank.

Hank was before my time of football fandom.

However, I learned something new during the announcement this morning. There was a team called the Dallas Texans, who moved to Kansas and became the Chiefs. ;)

Coach Stram was a well respected man.

Total class on and off the field.

Demanded his teams show respect.

Not many like him left these days in the NFL.

Could you imagine Stram demanding that Terrell Owens

wear a dress suit and tie when travelling with the team?

MUTINY!!!!

So Long Coach.