Buffet for Sat. night?

Just got off the phone with Danny

He wanted to know if we might want a buffet It would be Beef on wyck, chicken wings, Pasta and the salad bar. The drinks are up to you to buy.

The cost is just $9.95 with tax and tip it is $12.50

I think it is a very reasonable offer.

Your opinions please

The room seats 60 people-- he said if more than that sign up he would reserve one of the lofts for the rest of the over flow

Just got off the phone with Danny

He wanted to know if we might want a buffet It would be Beef on wyck, chicken wings, Pasta and the salad bar.  The drinks are up to you to buy.

The cost is just $9.95 with tax and tip it is $12.50

I think it is a very reasonable offer.

Your opinions please

The room seats 60 people-- he said if more than that sign up he would reserve one of the lofts for the rest of the over flow

370859[/snapback]

I think that it is reasonable if he then creates a drink special for us - maybe those in the group/purchasing the buffet get a wristband for $1 drafts or something...? Otherwise, I'm sure that I could purchase 10-15 wings + a beer or two for $12.00.

I guess so

I don't understand the comment that someone thinks this is too much. You get beef on wyck -chicken wings- zita- and the soup and salad bar. for $9.95

Just the wyck and wings would cost over that so add in the 8.25 percent sales tax and the 17 percent tip $12.50

I'm not suggesting that its too much, but with beers at $2-3 each, I'm sure that the place could cut the group a deal if they're doing the buffet also. Its not like we won't be drinking heavily...:P

Regardless of the price, I'll pay it. I can't wait.

This is why I'm asking

We have two options - A buffet - or - a limited menu

We can pick the foods for the limited menu

Like I would not have thought of the potato skins. That is why I want opinions.

It would be impossible to set up a buffet in that room and then police the 50-70 people walking in and out of there to see if they sneak a wing.

Instead of asking for a cheaper draft price maybe I can ask about cheaper pitcher prices. I don't drink so I really do not know what the beer drinkers want either. Some like bottles some like draft I do not like any beer.

I need really NEED opinions to set this up. We just want every waller to have a good time without having to stand there all night in a crowded bar. The room means that we can have a better oppertunity to share with each other. We had so many there last year that both lofts of the bar were filled and the bar was packed. You had to snake you way around to talk or just to meet wallers.

For the out of towners that smoke. Erie County NYS has a smoke free policy so you have to go outside to smoke.

My 4 votes (4 people) are for the limited menu.

A whole buffet would be wasted on them because they just drink a bunch of beer and get an order of wings.

371958[/snapback]

A limited menu would be easier to control and less hectic than a buffet would be.

I'd have to go with limited menu.

Downside to a limited menu is that service might suck if there is a huge crowd - buffets are easier for the establishment to control, they simply check the buffet and re-stock when necessary. With a menu, you're going to have to wait for a server, etc. etc.

Honestly, I could care less. You could serve me sh-- on a stick and I'll be ecstatic that I'll be less than 24 hours away from the opener. I'm just trying to provide an alternative viewpoint.

Buffett is easier on the staff, but not everyone is going to want to have to pay to be in the room

Limited menu is cheaper for those that won't eat very much, but is difficult for the staff to make sure everyone pays their bill.

So in my opinion, go with the limited menu, and everyone remember to tip your waitress well.

Is $5 for a pitcher of Labatts a reasonable price?

I guess I am officially out of touch w/ the common man. I don't really see how cost is an issue. When you travel across the country for an annual event - is there really a difference between $8 and $12 spent on a Sat night? Does $2 or $4 beers really matter much? :(

I thought it worked well last year. Limited menu is fine. Heck, I'd pay $20 and expand the buffet to include all the items.

Given the revelations in our tipping thread - I would collect $5 bucks per head for tips for the waitresses and bartender though. :doh:

I guess I am officially out of touch w/ the common man.  I don't really see how cost is an issue.  When you travel across the country for an annual event - is there really a difference between $8 and $12 spent on a Sat night?  Does $2 or $4 beers really matter much?  :(

I thought it worked well last year.  Limited menu is fine.  Heck, I'd pay $20 and expand the buffet to include all the items.

Given the revelations in our tipping thread - I would collect $5 bucks per head for tips for the waitresses and bartender though.  :doh:

372368[/snapback]

SDS speaks wisely - ecspecially about the "tip". Let the serving staff "kinda" of know what is in store for them at evening's end and the level of service should definitely be attentive.

There will always be chislers and cheaters at such events - accept, ignore and move on - the moment is too good to waste.

I thought it worked well last year.  Limited menu is fine.  Heck, I'd pay $20 and expand the buffet to include all the items.

372368[/snapback]

And with a buffett, you have the option to graze, rather than waiting for your order to come out.