(OT) Hot enough for you?

High of 100 here today in Vegas.  Felt a little chill in the air.  Don't worry, it'll be back to about 108 for the weekend.

369309[/snapback]

I was in Vegas for the weekend and Monday. It was on the cool side. What is going on over there? I thought it was going to be sweltering hot where you can't be outside for more than two minutes.

I enjoyed the weather being on the cool side.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in Vegas for the weekend and Monday. It was on the cool side. What is going on over there? I thought it was going to be sweltering hot where you can't be outside for more than two minutes.

369530[/snapback]

What Vegas were you in? I was there Friday, Staurday and Sunday, all over 100. Was outside a grand total 8 minutes i would guess

Believe it or not, but to a large extent it really is the humidity. A dry 100 probably is not much different in how it feels than an 80 with average humidity. I'd say mid 90s with high humidity is as bad as it can get. Think I'd rather have it 110 and no humidity. Of course I'm not saying you should be running around outside when it's 110.

369530[/snapback]

It was warm later last week, then cooled off to the mid 90's over the weekend. It wont be cooler than 90 for a high for at least 2 months now. The next few days its getting incrementally hotter - up to the mid to upper 100's for the weekend. But low 90's is perfect for here. And yes it's a dry heat, but it's STILL hot!

It was warm later last week, then cooled off to the mid 90's over the weekend.  It wont be cooler than 90 for a high for at least 2 months now.  The next few days its getting incrementally hotter - up to the mid to upper 100's for the weekend.  But low 90's is perfect for here.  And yes it's a dry heat, but it's STILL hot!

369637[/snapback]

I've heard some folks in AZ say that it's only dry heat. Like we all like to stick our head in a 120 F oven now and then...

What Vegas were you in? I was there Friday, Staurday and Sunday, all over 100. Was outside a grand total 8 minutes i would guess

369592[/snapback]

I guess it's what kind of heat your used to and your expectations. I expected super hot (which I dont really like) and got something cooler so I was pleasantly surprized by the cooler temps.

It really is about the humidity. It can be 95 to 100 and if the hunidity is very low it will feel very pleasant. Now if it's 95 degrees and 95% humidty. Pass the Kool-Aid cause I'm drinking it.

Thank God for San Diego. A perfect place to live.

I don't have airconditioning...it's killing me

the fans blow hot air in from outside and it was 89 in my house last night

369649[/snapback]

Key if you have no AC, especially if you live in a brick house. OPen all the windows and crank the fans once the sun goes down. When you get up in the morning, close all the windows and keep the fans going. Well insulated brick home will keep the cooler air in, especially if there is some shade on the house

In the SF Bay area it has been cold and rainy this spring. The temps you see are for SF anfd in the east bay (I live about 30 miles away) it can be 20-30 degrees warmer. This spring we had one day at 90 and most in the mid 70s. It should be about 90 for the high now. It has also been wet. It usuall stops raining in April and doesn't rain until October. About 10 days ago, we had about 0.25 inches!

I've been here 11 years and this is the coldest and wettest spring I've seen

Listen to you people moaning about high temps.

Try moving to Hell's Armpit, also known as the Lehigh Valley. We've had something like 8 days over 90 this month, and HUMID.

Summer is brutal here.

369500[/snapback]

FYI...Rochester had had 7 days above ninety so far this year.

It's still ugly in Buffalo today. 92 degrees at 2pm. High humidity today as well. Never got below 80 last night. Power companies are now reporting scattered power outages due to the high demand for AC. My swimming pool was 86 at 10pm last night. 88 this afternoon. Better off just taking a cold shower. Thank God for Central Air.

It's still ugly in Buffalo today. 92 degrees at 2pm. High humidity today as well. Never got below 80 last night. Power companies are now reporting scattered power outages due to the high demand for AC. My swimming pool was 86 at 10pm last night. 88 this afternoon. Better off just taking a cold shower. Thank God for Central Air.

369919[/snapback]

Can't you just drain off a 3rd and refill with hose water?

FYI...Rochester had had 7 days above ninety so far this year.

369894[/snapback]

Yes, well, It will cool down eventually in WNY. It's only going to get HOTTER here.

Here in SE PA, we have two seasons:

The abominably hot and muggy season and the cold, gray, rainy season.

Listen to you people moaning about high temps.

Try moving to Hell's Armpit, also known as the Lehigh Valley. We've had something like 8 days over 90 this month, and HUMID.

Summer is brutal here.

369500[/snapback]

You damn right. I'd guess I'm about 1-2 hours south of you (southern chester county) and it is currently 91....heat index 99 <_<

Give me those 100+ dry heat days in AZ any day...

Avg. Monthly Temp - Buffalo NY

May 56.6

June 65.9

July 71.1

Aug 69

Sept 61.9

369821[/snapback]

Half of that is when you are sleeping. The high temps are higher...

It's only four months, but I would wager that the second half of May and the First half of October get you pretty close...

The tough part is the lack of sunlight...