Going to the Wegmans down the road with the wife..

They gots these mini carts now. Larger than a basket, smaller than a cart.  Very maneuverable.

Go to Pittsford, of course. The locals like to summer there.

369037[/snapback]

Ah yes, the mini carts, me likey very much.

Do the old folks treat that Wegmans like the local senior center too? No offense to the aged, but are you really that hard up for human contact that you need to hang out at a grocery store all day? Can't swing a stick at the local Wegmans without hitting 50 geezers shuffling along at a snail's pace...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do the old folks treat that Wegmans like the local senior center too? No offense to the aged, but are you really that hard up for human contact that you need to hang out at a grocery store all day? Can't swing a stick at the local Wegmans without hitting 50 geezers shuffling along at a snail's pace...

369040[/snapback]

Been to a Tops lately? I swear some of them get their mail there.

369040[/snapback]

Brownies. Old people. Mini carts.

Freakin' Wegmans ROCKS!

369040[/snapback]

They were actually in their early 40's when they first came in. Just never been able to find the exit.

369040[/snapback]

As long as it is a weekday more power to them. What irks me is the ones that are always there on the weekend. I know damn well most of them have all week to do their shopping but they choose to wait until half the population needs to go to the store.

I won't go shopping until after 9 because i know they're all in bed by then.

That's not as bad as the "stay at home" mom who takes her tribe of screaming brats to the grocery store between noon and 1pm. Right when I'm trying to run in and get a couple of items during lunch break.

:(

...anyone know what aisles have the best food in them? Where are the best freebies being handed out? Does everyone recommend getting a cart or should I just get the basket if I'm not getting that much?

Thanks in advance...

368900[/snapback]

Which Wegmans? There's the Rt 57 and Taft Road ones near you. I always prefered the Taft Road one. More cute high school chicks work at that one.

Sweet Mother of Jesus ! Wegmans is just a friggen grocery store ! I have 2 within 10 minutes of the house.

Some people get excited as if they're going to Disneyworld for the day.  :(

369134[/snapback]

Wow, I never thought of that, but I can probably get my Disney products

at Wegmans too. :doh:

My mother and sister always stick a 'the' in front of roads, and it drives me nuts. Is it a Buffalo thing? Or am I wrong for leaving it off?

369159[/snapback]

Never thought about it much, but I think

yes. Almost always the definite article "the" when I grew up.

Been to a Tops lately? I swear some of them get their mail there.

369042[/snapback]

Swear to God, my old man went the Tops every day on Grand Island for coffee and a donut. Actually got a few dates there when he was 81. God bless em, they need somewhere to go and try to find a little play <_<