Bus driver beats up kid

I have a hard time defending any kid. I suffer through their snottiness in stores and restaurants.

If you are any kind of a parent, feed your whelp at home and keep them out of commerce. They are no more precious and cute than you are, and the rest of us would prefer silence while we eat or shop... :(

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Y'know, I'm all for tasing teenager druggies or shooting at the occasional 12-year-old girl when she's about to drive a car over me, but...ummm...am I the only one who thinks the dude could have just called for the deputy and sat the bus where it was until someone showed up?

I'm not saying the kid wasn't being a dick, but seriously...this was the best way to handle this?

Y'know, I'm all for tasing teenager druggies or shooting at the occasional 12-year-old girl when she's about to drive a car over me, but...ummm...am I the only one who thinks the dude could have just called for the deputy and sat the bus where it was until someone showed up?

I'm not saying the kid wasn't being a dick, but seriously...this was the best way to handle this?

368906[/snapback]

I'm guessing this wasn't an isolated incident and dude finally had enough. I can only imagine who our busdriver would have reacted to a similiar circumstance. Of course, that was over 20 years ago when paddling was still a regular occurrance in school.

I have a hard time defending any kid. I suffer through their snottiness in stores and restaurants.

If you are any kind of a parent, feed your whelp at home and keep them out of commerce. They are no more precious and cute than you are, and the rest of us would prefer silence while we eat or shop... :(

368903[/snapback]

This is a joke, right?

368906[/snapback]

Agreed LA. The little punk was certainly not worth losing a job or going to jail for.

Did the driver think he was going to change that kid one iota?

This is a joke, right?

368909[/snapback]

NO.

The very idea that a parent would be so selfish, so unconcerned of others to drag a loudmouth kid and let it irritate the general public is beyond the pale.

Let alone feeding a kid restuarant food in the first place...

NO.

The very idea that a parent would be so selfish, so unconcerned of others to drag a loudmouth kid and let it irritate the general public is beyond the pale.

368916[/snapback]

Maybe this can be the next thing to ban.

No legislation, just a knock on the head on folks who wallow in self-importance and have chapped lips from kissing their own fannies.

368926[/snapback]

I respect you and your postings. Always have.

I am also concerned that we, as a society, have become far too intolerant.

It's OK for kids to eat in a restaurant. Think about it. :(

I respect you and your postings. Always have.

I am also concerned that we, as a society, have become far too intolerant.

It's OK for kids to eat in a restaurant. Think about it.  :(

368931[/snapback]

I don't think that's what he's saying at all. The standards on child raising have changed significantly since I was a kid. There's no way my parents would have put up with alot of the sh-- I've seen fairly regularly in recent years. It's amazing to me how people can completely ignore their children running up and down aisles, screaming at the top of their lungs, grabbing stuff off shelves and throwing it, etc.

It may have happened when I was a kid too, but it didn't happen more than once in my family.

I dont supposed there would be any opposition to thinking that they BOTH were wrong?

a. You can not put your hands on kids like that.....you cant. To me it seems like the driver lost his temper....and then when he realized the situation was TOTALLY out of control and he could not control it......he went back to his seat.

b. If I found out that my kid was disrespecting ANY school authority like they were......well......lets just say I dont think they would do it....because consequences would be SEVERE

NO.

368916[/snapback]

So is it ok if I take my kids out to a Disney resturant? :(

Should I call the Mall for special times that they open for shopping with kids? :doh:

You cranky today?

I don't think that's what he's saying at all.  The standards on child raising have changed significantly since I was a kid.  There's no way my parents would have put up with alot of the sh-- I've seen fairly regularly in recent years.  It's amazing to me how people can completely ignore their children running up and down aisles, screaming at the top of their lungs, grabbing stuff off shelves and throwing it, etc.

It may have happened when I was a kid too, but it didn't happen more than once in my family.

368942[/snapback]

You are right Darin. Yet, it is quite a situation raising kids nowadays. Go heavy-handed on them in the store and you get questioned... Go easy or ignore them, you get questioned.

I agree, consistency needs to be practiced. You should leave the establishment and not come back? Isn't that playing into the child's hand?

What needs to happen is a third party not afraid to reprimend the little brats without fear of be questioned by the parents.

Nowadays, if anybody says boo to your kid... Parents get all offended and immediately stick up for the kid... I am NOT talking about corporal reprimend by an outsider.

368906[/snapback]

LA, I like Tatiana's other picture better. :(

So is it ok if I take my kids out to a Disney resturant?  :(

Should I call the Mall for special times that they open for shopping with kids? :doh:

You cranky today?

368963[/snapback]

1) No. Unless you wish to teach them that high-priced food is their birthright, paid for by others. You'll thank me for this advice when they age and are still under your roof.

2) Excellent idea. :lol: