Bus driver beats up kid

1) No. Unless you wish to teach them that high-priced food is their birthright, paid for by others. You'll thank me for this advice when they age and are still under your roof.

2) Excellent idea. :lol:

368992[/snapback]

This is from left field, and pretty much painting a wide brush across all parents and children. I wont defend myself with you. :(

I hear they have an opening for the lead in Scrooge, sorry, type casting I guess. :doh:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No legislation, just a knock on the head on folks who wallow in self-importance and have chapped lips from kissing their own fannies.

368926[/snapback]

Yeah, someone here is wallowing in self-importance...

This is from left field, and pretty much painting a wide brush across all parents and children. I wont defend myself with you. :(

I hear they have an opening for the lead in Scrooge, sorry, type casting I guess. :doh:

369006[/snapback]

Scrooge sez: Spoiling kids is old hat. Watch out for that; it sneaks up on you because it's hard to resist - what Papa doesn't like his kids to be happy and what Papa likes to be the old fogey?

But Papa has his job to do.

Scrooge sez: Spoiling kids is old hat. Watch out for that; it sneaks up on you because it's hard to resist - what Papa doesn't like his kids to be happy and what Papa likes to be the old fogey?

369033[/snapback]

Yeah, take it from Mother Superior: Parents who take their kids to nice restaurants on vacation can expect them to beat up bus drivers when they become teenagers. :(

369033[/snapback]

Papa don`t take no mess

Papa don`t take no mess

Papa is the man who can understand

How a man has to do

Whatever he can

Papa don`t, Papa don`t, Papa don`t

Papa don`t take no mess, no

He don`t take no mess

Now Papa might grin

Drink a little taste of gin

Bet his last ten on

A little game of skins, hit me

Papa don`t take no mess

Papa don`t take no mess

Papa don`t, Papa don`t

Papa don`t take no mess, hey, hey

Papa digs the chick

If she look real slick

Papa rap is very quick

He defintely ain`t no trick

Oh, yeah

Papa don`t, Papa don`t

Papa don`t take no mess

Papa is the man

Who will take a stand

Papa don`t take no mess

Papa don`t, Papa don`t

Papa don`t, don`t, Papa don`t

Look, dig this

Papa didn`t cuss

He didn`t raise a whole lotta fuss

But when we did wrong

Papa beat the hell out of us

Papa don`t, Papa don`t

Papa don`t, Papa don`t

Papa don`t, Papa don`t

Papa don`t take no mess

Papa don`t take no mess

I saw Papa cry when he

Thought that I would die

Lookie here

I saw papa cry

I saw Papa cry when he

Thought that I would die

He says something was in his eye

I knew it was a lie

Papa loves his son

Mama said Papa`s smart

Papa got a whole lotta heart

And Papa would do his part

When the game get hard, hit me

Yeah, take it from Mother Superior: Parents who take their kids to nice restaurants on vacation can expect them to beat up bus drivers when they become teenagers.  :(

369041[/snapback]

Say, I like the Mother Superior appelation...Thanks! :doh:

Now scram and go back and join your fellow bricks roasting in the Sun...

369033[/snapback]

I hear what you are saying. But, to ban kids from eating out and shopping? Sure kids act up and act like kids... You are gonna get that.

As a parent I APPRECIATE people who speak up if my kids are creating a nusance that I may be oblivious to.

Yes, there is a respectful way to act in public. How do you deal with people who have low thresholds? It is not solely your world.

Say, I like the Mother Superior appelation...Thanks! :(

Now go back and join your fellow bricks roasting in the Sun...

369050[/snapback]

Good, because it suits you more than you know.

And can you go back to chasing kids off your lawn. Make sure your drapes are drawn, granny.

I hear what you are saying.  But, to ban kids from eating out and shopping?  Sure kids act up and act like kids... You are gonna get that.

As a parent I APPRECIATE people who speak up if my kids are creating a nusance that I may be oblivious to.

Yes, there is a respectful way to act in public.  How do you deal with people who have low thresholds?  It is not solely your world.

369053[/snapback]

Er, I did not suggest a ban...erynthered did. :(

Now Ed, the date on the video said 5/17/05.  Keep trying big guy, someday you'll get off that school bus.

369059[/snapback]

I drive Ed's bus...he seems quite happy in his oversized Kazoo helmet. I don't think he wants to leave because he says the windows taste like strawberries and they're his favorite...

Good, because it suits you more than you know. 

And can you go back to chasing kids off your lawn.  Make sure your drapes are drawn, granny.

369056[/snapback]

I've 12 young nephews and nieces...OK it they tear up your lawn, being free and naturally rambunctious youth? What damage I, or you would do to their delicate psyches if we throttled their natural exuberance? :(

BTW, stop being an infant. Stop your pithy and childish female intimations. So sad - the classic sign of weak argument.

The fact is that a parent's prime responsibliliy is to inculcate a child to deal in civilized society.

Something for reasons unkown, you can't quite get. Get your mind out of a groove, pal.

The fact is that a parent's prime responsibliliy is to inculcate a child to deal in civilized society.

369076[/snapback]

It's a shame your parents didn't do this. If they did, you wouldn't be asking society to keep certain factions of itself away from you.

Do I find crying kids in movie theaters annoying? Sure I do. Do I find children smashing crackers at the next table distracting? Of course. But I don't shrivel up in the fetal position hoping that parents will keep their kids out of my way because I simply don't have the capacity to deal with it. Kids (and the annoying things kids do) are part of society, keeping them bottled up at home away from those with limited patience isn't going to teach them the things they need to know to get along in society. To do that they need (gasp!) extensive social interactions, in a variety of settings (like, for instance, a restaurant)

Okay, no ban suggested by you.  But, if I don't feed my "whelp" at home and avoid commerce with them... I am not much of a parent?

Huh?

369070[/snapback]

No no no..feed them at home (even if it's only very iffy stuff they will eat - nothing new about that with youngsters).

The general idea is that a meal outside of the home is out of ther normal way of things.

I'm not stupid or unaware of what's what. Beaver Cleaver sit-down meals are rare nowadays, but I think 3 or 4 days a week eating at home can only be good.

Long before you or I beat our feet on this planet, folks knew that joys and problems eventually came to light and got hashed out at a dinner table. Not always, I know, but more than enough times to continue the idea.

I think there are few people who do not harbor memories of meals at home that go far beyond the food that was consumed.

Family is special word. What are people's memories? The time at McDonalds or the lobster joint, or the store-brand hot dogs, a few of which fell down the grill?

I think the last one is the one that endures and binds...

I've 12 young nephews and nieces...OK it they tear up your lawn, being free and naturally rambunctious youth?  What damage I, or you would do to their delicate psyches if we throttled their natural exuberance? :(

BTW, stop being an infant. Stop your pithy and childish female intimations. So sad - the classic sign of weak argument.

Something for reasons unkown, you can't quite get. Get your mind out of a groove, pal.

369076[/snapback]

See, there you go again. I say you yell at kids to get off your lawn, you assume that they're tearing up the lawn. It's always assume the worst with you.

You seem to want parents to "inculcate" their children in civilized society by removing them from society. Doesn't make much sense.

And I have 6 nieces and nephews all under 4. I have 8 cousins, all under the age of 17. I grew up baby-sitting, changing diapers, and leading field trips to museums, movies, and (gasp) restaurants.

I am certainly aware that kids, through their "naturally rambunctious youth" sometimes misbehave at inappropriate times. I also know, and this is the part your seem to have a problem with, that just because a kid misbaves, it doesn't mean they're a bad kid, or in your case, a "whelp."

And by the way, most of these kids I mention have been to Disney World. In fact, my 17 year old godson (cousin) is coming down next week on my dime. And it hasn't spoiled them, as you ridiculously claim.

You claim I make a weak argument, but you're the one who's applying the story of one obviously disturbed teenager with everything you abhor about today's parenting.

But that's your "groove," right? Making wide-sweeping generalization from a specific event?

No matter how many big words you couch it in, that's an incrediably small minded view of the world.

See, there you go again.  I say you yell at kids to get off your lawn, you assume that they're tearing up the lawn.  It's always assume the worst with you.

You seem to want parents to "inculcate" their children in civilized society by removing them from society.  Doesn't make much sense.

And I have 6 nieces and nephews all under 4.  I have 8 cousins, all under the age of 17.  I grew up baby-sitting, changing diapers, and leading field trips to museums, movies, and (gasp) restaurants.

I am certainly aware that kids, through their "naturally rambunctious youth" sometimes misbehave at inappropriate times.  I also know, and this is the part your seem to have a problem with, that just because a kid misbaves, it doesn't mean they're a bad kid, or in your case, a "whelp."

And by the way, most of these kids I mention have been to Disney World.  In fact, my 17 year old godson (cousin) is coming down next week on my dime. And it hasn't spoiled them, as you ridiculously claim. 

You claim I make a weak argument, but you're the one who's applying the story of one obviously disturbed teenager with everything you abhor about today's parenting. 

But that's your "groove," right?  Making wide-sweeping generalization from a specific event? 

No matter how many big words you couch it in, that's an incrediably small minded view of the world.

369111[/snapback]

Tsk.

I made no comment about the kid on the bus. Once again, stop with the avoiding phrases like "big words" and so forth.

Back to the subject that I raised and you object to:

The excessive exaultation of children and parental dotage, and same getting huffy if an innocent victem gets loud lip from the darling children.

If you want to address that, fine. If you want to continue an attack on me, you are wasting time, and I would say that you are like a child who by very nature has hasn't matured enough to stay on topic.

Your Pal,

stuckincincy