Which Deceased Music Star

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright - it's the dead of football season and even I'm getting bored -

I just purchased a two disc set (not available on 8-track) of Harry Chapin performing at the Bottom Line in Januray, 1981 - six months before he died in an auto accident on the LIE.

I know all the songs by heart and still own every album - but thought the "live" recording might be different and the Bottom Line was certainly a special place.

It was fine - but that made me think - with so many music fans here - what one artist (deceased) would you pay good money for to see one more time ?

I would have to include lead singers for notable groups - not that I know any.

If Harry Chapin was appearing at Melody Fair in N.T tommorrow - I'd be there - who needs A/C ?

367544[/snapback]

What's bizarre about Chapin's accident is that reportedly, wearing his seat belt is what killed him (internal injuries from the impact of the seat belt) in that accident. Damn.

Who would I say? There's a few:

Marvin Gaye (any list would start right there for me)

Stevie Ray Vaughan

Minnie Ripperton

Jimi Hendrix

Layne Staley

Charlie Parker (I played the alto sax; he was the best ever)

Thelonius Monk (same deal, only w/ piano)

Bob Marley

Peter Tosh

Marty Robbins

LVB

JSB

WAM

Freddie Mercury in a Queen reunion concert - ala Live Aid.

That would rock so bad...

Charles

368734[/snapback]

No disrespect, but personally speaking Freddie Mercury is best appreciated as an audio-only performance. One night while playing poker with some friends a few years ago, a guy had a Queen in Concert DVD and I thought it'd be good background music, etc.

By the time Mercury was prancing around in nothing but a pair of Daisy Dukes, I just couldn't bear it any longer. The difference between what I thought I knew and what I didn't know became too much to bear. Much like Brad Majors suddenly realizing that it wasn't Janet Weiss in bed with him.

No disrespect, but personally speaking Freddie Mercury is best appreciated as an audio-only performance. One night while playing poker with some friends a few years ago, a guy had a Queen in Concert DVD and I thought it'd be good background music, etc.

By the time Mercury was prancing around in nothing but a pair of Daisy Dukes, I just couldn't bear it any longer. The difference between what I thought I knew and what I didn't know became too much to bear. Much like Brad Majors suddenly realizing that it wasn't Janet Weiss in bed with him.

368764[/snapback]

Who's Brad Majors and Janet Weiss?

without repeating others I have seen on the list, I would add:

Richard Manuel

Levon Helm

John Entwhistle

368780[/snapback]

Don't kill off Levon Helm just yet! He's still alive - it was Rick Danko who died a while back (late 80s/early 90s maybe).

Don't kill off Levon Helm just yet! He's still alive -  it was Rick Danko who died a while back (late 80s/early 90s maybe).

368793[/snapback]

I MEANT Rick Danko! :lol::(

Helm is still playing the "Midnight Ramble" concerts, along with his daughter. Sorry. :doh: