Which Deceased Music Star

Alright - it's the dead of football season and even I'm getting bored -

I just purchased a two disc set (not available on 8-track) of Harry Chapin performing at the Bottom Line in Januray, 1981 - six months before he died in an auto accident on the LIE.

I know all the songs by heart and still own every album - but thought the "live" recording might be different and the Bottom Line was certainly a special place.

It was fine - but that made me think - with so many music fans here - what one artist (deceased) would you pay good money for to see one more time ?

I would have to include lead singers for notable groups - not that I know any.

If Harry Chapin was appearing at Melody Fair in N.T tommorrow - I'd be there - who needs A/C ?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just purchased a two disc set (not available on 8-track) of Harry Chapin performing at the Bottom Line in Januray, 1981 - six months before he died in an auto accident on the LIE.

I know all the songs by heart and still own every album - but thought the "live" recording might be different and the Bottom Line was certainly a special place.

It was fine - but that made me think - with so many music fans here - what one artist (deceased) would you pay good money for to see one more time ?

If Harry Chapin was appearing at Melody Fair in N.T tommorrow - I'd be there - who needs A/C ?

367544[/snapback]

Chapin was excellent. So was Muddy Waters, who I saw before he died.

From recent years, I miss the Ramones.

There are many great musical artists that I have not been able to see whom are now pushing up daisies.

Otis Redding

Jimi Hendrix

Janis Joplin

Jim Morrison

Jim Croce

Keith Moon

John Bonham

JERRY GARCIA

LZ w/ John Bonham

Hendrix

The Beatles

I might even want to see Presley or Sinatra in their prime.

Joplin and Morrison would be on the list if I could back in time and see the concert when I was 15 years younger.

367544[/snapback]

How cool. Before I ever opened the thread, I looked at the title and immediately thought "Harry Chapin." I saw him in Rochester when I was in college in 81, and about two years ago found the Bottom Line live album. Like you said, it was fine, but it would be tough in any event to recreate Greatest Stories Live. Still, I remember listening to that double set thinking to myself, "How great to get a chance to hear another Chapin concert all these years later.

367544[/snapback]

I saw Chapin at the old Gilligans, when he was doing campaign concerts for McGovern. Great story teller. I wouldn't mind seeing Croce either.