Tom Cruise - The wheels are flying off

Talonz

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crazy people are always the last to know. he's against the very thing he needs most. a shrink and some meds. He’s the only one that doesn’t see it. Let's see if he can exorcise the dead aliens that are possessing him....

katie will break it off soon. the guy is a freak. his career is over.

Perhaps not nuts, but definitely delusional.  But he does know more about everything than Matt Lauer (he told us so).

367520[/snapback]

I saw Matt Lauer on a celebrity golf show. He looked like a very good player. With that said, Cruise is setting his standards too low if he only aspires to know more than Lauer. His intellingence is just above the average used douche and just below a flying plastic cup.

It's poetry in motion

She turned her tender eyes to me

As deep as any ocean

As sweet as any harmony

Mmm - but she blinded me with scientology

"She blinded me with scientology!"

And failed me in biology

When I'm dancing close to her

"Blinding me with scientology - scientology!"

I can smell the chemicals

"Scientology!"

"Scientology!"

Mmm - but it's poetry in motion

And when she turned her eyes to me

As deep as any ocean

As sweet as any harmony

And failed me in geometry

When she's dancing next to me

"Scientology!"

I can hear machinery

"Scientology!"

It's poetry in motion

And now she's making love to me

The spheres are in commotion

The elements in harmony

She blinded me with scientology

"She blinded me with scientology!"

And hit me with technology

"Good heavens Miss Sakamoto - you're beautiful!"

I -I don't believe it!

There she goes again!

She's tidied up, and I can't find anything!

All my tubes and wires

And careful notes

And antiquated notions

But! - it's poetry in motion

And when she turned her eyes to me

As deep as any ocean

As sweet as any harmony

"She blinded me with - with scientology!"

366829[/snapback]

:doh: I don't think the guy who was screaming "SCIENCE!!!!" in the old Thomas Dolby video is still around. Too bad.....would have been classic if he was hiding behind Cruises chair when being interviewed by Matt Lauer and popped up yelling "SCIENCE!!!!!" and then hiding again......

:doh:

367251[/snapback]

1. Tom Cruise is widely considered by the media to be among a select handful (top 5-10) of best male American actors in Hollywood history. By that standard, I find him overrated. He's a good actor, but I wouldn't necessarily say great. Sure he's been in a lot of entertaining movies, but so has Keanu Reeves...

2. You seem to want to shift the blame completely off Tom Cruise and completely onto the media and onto the everyday people that buy into Cruise's drivel. It doesn't work that way. Cruise knows full well how the media functions. He's working them to his advantage; they are the conduit by which he's preaching his "scientific" beliefs to the public. And while I agree that the media does deserve some of the blame, as well as the adults who would actually buy into his nonsense, you have to understand that famous people unfortunately DO have a significant impact on the minds of kids - ESPECIALLY kids with abysmal or absent parenting. If you ever knew anyone under 18 who had committed suicide and had never sought prior medical help, maybe you wouldn't be such a Cruise defender.

3. Scientology IS crack-pot science. Its mental healing methods are effective for general well-being (although you shouldn't have to join a church and pay a fee to practice these methods), but not for such mental illnesses as clinical depression, biploar, schizophrenia, etc... Contrary to what Tom told Matt Lauer, chemical brain imbalances do exist. Dr. Cruise may be an expert in psychiatric history and on clearly inhumane though outdated practices like electroshock therapy, but can he rationally explain the vast scientific journal evidence of serotonin and dopamine deficiencies in patients with mood disorders? I think not. Dr. Cruise is right in that modern psychiatry is not 100% effective for everyone, but for some reason he wants to throw the baby out with the bath water. And that reason is nothing more than EXTRA PUBLICITY.

4. This isn't a response to anything you said, but I don't think Katie Holmes is at all hot. There's a big difference between "cute" and "hot." Holmes is cute and very bangable, but anyone who thinks she has movie-star beauty needs to get out more.

Scientology is a farcical cult. It's a friggin joke. Hubbard was a nutcase. Anyone who follows scientology is or will become brainwashed.

367186[/snapback]

If the writings of Mohammed are considered a religion by about a billion people, I'd have to say there's a precedent. But you'd still have a more coherent religion if it was based on the Legend Of Zelda or Final Fantasy VII.

Here's our boy Tom levelling up.

1. Tom Cruise is widely considered by the media to be among a select handful (top 5-10) of best male American actors in Hollywood history. By that standard, I find him overrated. He's a good actor, but I wouldn't necessarily say great. Sure he's been in a lot of entertaining movies, but so has Keanu Reeves...

367603[/snapback]

Who said that? I don't know anyone who thinks Tom Cruise is a great actor. There are a lot of folks who think he is a great "movie star" or "leading man" but that has nothing to do with being a great actor. There are 50 guys working right now who are probably greater actors than Tom Cruise.

Who said that? I don't know anyone who thinks Tom Cruise is a great actor. There are a lot of folks who think he is a great "movie star" or "leading man" but that has nothing to do with being a great actor. There are 50 guys working right now who are probably greater actors than Tom Cruise.

367625[/snapback]

Whatever. I don't feel like arguing over the semantics of "movie star," "actor," and "leading man." My general point is that his reputation and popularity are much larger than his raw acting talent.

You may also find this amusing: Tom Cruise among 100 greatest Americans ever, per Discovery Channel poll

correctomundo

Nicole Kidman is very hot...even though she has small boobies

what makes her even hotter is that she didn't stand for his scientology BS

Mimi Rogers is also very hot...and she has huge bazongas

but she's a scientology nut...I'm not sure why Cruise left her

you left out Penelope Cruz...hot, but has a nose like a toucan

rumor has it that Cruise unsuccessfully tried to hunt down Lindsay Lohan and Scarlett Johanson before settling on Katie Holmes

367482[/snapback]

I don't know why but Kidman is just not attractive to me. Penelope Cruz is hot but he couldn't get her to marry him. Mimi Rogers was the sexiest. Katie Holmes is just not good looking.

1. Tom Cruise is widely considered by the media to be among a select handful (top 5-10) of best male American actors in Hollywood history.

2. .... as the adults who would actually buy into his nonsense, you have to understand that famous people unfortunately DO have a significant impact on the minds of kids - ESPECIALLY kids with abysmal or absent parenting. If you ever knew anyone under 18 who had committed suicide and had never sought prior medical help, maybe you wouldn't be such a Cruise defender.

3. ... Contrary to what Tom told Matt Lauer, chemical brain imbalances do exist.

4. This isn't a response to anything you said, but I don't think Katie Holmes is at all hot. There's a big difference between "cute" and "hot." Holmes is cute and very bangable, but anyone who thinks she has movie-star beauty needs to get out more.

367603[/snapback]

1. Disagree with him being even a good actor. Good personality on-screen but that is it.

2. Totally agree - that is what is worrisome. The dumb adults who can believe celebrities on topics which these famous people have no business talking about in the media. Also the impressionable teens who are not mature enough to know who to believe and trust.

3. Yep - my wife has it and medication has definitely helped a LOT.

4. If she was walking down the street, I am not sure many people would notice. She is neither a good actress (Batman Begins), nor cute/bangable, nor a movie star. Sorry, but she does absolutely NOTHING to me.

Yeah, Spielberg must be loving this.  Cruise is supposed to be working to promote his movie at these interviews, and instead Cruise is alienating everyone who has ever gone to a shrink.  I'll bet he can't wait until some talking head asks Cruise if he thinks scientology is better than Christianity.  Can you say box-office poison?

367255[/snapback]

What's the old saying? The only bad press is no press at all.

Scientology is like that ad campaign for Holiday Inn Express.

Being a complete moron with regards to scientology this thread has enlightened me. <_<

Since Cruise doesn't believe in pharmaceutical intervention, he better remain in perfect health until he dies! I'm not a drug pusher but I work in healthcare and I'm smart enough to know that drugs are the cutting edge of medical intervention. We'll see how committed he is to his beliefs if he ever has a heart attack and needs some clot busters.

Hopefully, his penis will go flacid and his cholesterol will skyrocket!