Pistons Force Game 7

Gotta give this team a lot of credit. They have a lot of heart. Most teams would have folded after that OT collapse the other night. But not the defending champs.

It will be the first Game 7 in the NBA Finals since the Rockets beat the Knicks 11 years ago :blink:.

For a series that was uncompetitive for the first four, it's turned out pretty good.

Game 7 for all the marbles should be exciting and it's a battle of the last two NBA champions.

Can Detroit do the impossible and win two straight on the road after trailing 3-2? It has never been done since they went to a 2-3-2 format.

Great stuff.

P.S. Is bf still writing them off :w00t:?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this Pistons team! I knew they would force a game 7- they have the heart of a champion. They are a true team. Every one hustles and plays D. Someone different steps up every night. They hit their free throws. I love this Pistons team! Go Rip! My homey from UConn

Another lucky win for Detroit.  Tim Duncan and company will finish the witch once and for all Thursday night.

363832[/snapback]

There was nothing lucky about it. I guess by the same token the Cards were lucky to take two of three from the Yanks because Sturtze gave up a 7th inning HR to Seabol.

Another lucky win for Detroit.  Tim Duncan and company will finish the witch once and for all Thursday night.

363832[/snapback]

The game is won at the line BF! Tim Duncan has shown nothing at the line. What is his free-throw %?

If SA wins it might be inspite of Tim Duncan. There is no way in hell I can see him as MVP, given his poor free-throws in the first 6 games! Something would be totally wrong! Tim Duncan could have won the series for SA if he would have made some more free-throws.

Robert Horry really saved his arse in game five, or SA would have been toast.

:doh::devil:

The game is won at the line BF!  Tim Duncan has shown nothing at the line.  What is his free-throw %?

If SA wins it might be inspite of Tim Duncan.  There is no way in hell I can see him as MVP, given his poor free-throws in the first 6 games!  Something would be totally wrong!  Tim Duncan could have won the series for SA if he would have made some more free-throws.

Robert Horry really saved his arse in game five, or SA would have been toast.

:doh:  :devil:

363854[/snapback]

If the Spurs win it will be because of MVP, Ginobilli.

There's a Game 7 because the NBA wants a Game 7...

NBA = Professional Wrestling

363886[/snapback]

It will be the first time in 11 years that there is a game 7?

Are you saying that Tim Duncan missed those free-throws on purpose? Who is responsible?

Of course the other TD is to blame! :devil:

It will be the first time in 11 years that there is a game 7?

Are you saying that Tim Duncan missed those free-throws on purpose?  Who is responsible?

Of course the other TD is to blame! :devil:

363893[/snapback]

NBA ratings have been the 2nd worst ever , forget about the last 11 years.

I don't believe games are scripted or that the players are in on it (at least not yet anyway), but I believe they use refs and foul calling or lack thereof to steer a game as much as they can.

I don't believe games are scripted or that the players are in on it (at least not yet anyway), but I believe they use refs and foul calling or lack thereof to steer a game as much as they can.

363898[/snapback]

I agree... Basketball is probably the easiest to do it in?

Football might not be out of that realm with the way they handle replay challenges.

363832[/snapback]

:devil:

a 9 point win on the road in game 6, in ain't the same as Hoary hitting that 3 pointer....

"Detroit claimed a 95-86 team triumph in Game 6 that put the visitors on the short list of teams to force a Game 7 in The Finals from 3-2 down.

The Detroit Pistons of 2004-05 ... and the Syracuse Nationals of 1953-54.

That is the list."

This is a starting line-up of all cast offs...and they are playing as a team and with a tremendous amount of heart...I wouldn't count them out BF, but it ain't looking good for them:

No team has been forced to play more playoff games in one year as Detroit, which will tie the 1994 Knicks at 25 once Game 7 tips off.

No team in playoff history has ever won two road Game 7s in the same postseason, as the Pistons must do to repeat as NBA champs.

No road team has won a Game 7 since Washington at Seattle in 1978.

But win or lose...they have my admiration because they are the epitome of what a team is supposed to be.

363898[/snapback]

I love how David Stern blamed the poor ratings on video games & the internet, and with a straight face no less.

i didn't see the whole game but during the last 5+ minutes of the game Manu Ginobli sucked! Tim Duncan needs to stop looking to the refs after every play underneath. The Pistons are a tough team, lets hope game 7 is a barnburner!

i didn't see the whole game but during the last 5+ minutes of the game Manu Ginobli sucked!  Tim Duncan needs to stop looking to the refs after every play underneath.  The Pistons are a tough team, lets hope game 7 is a barnburner!

364049[/snapback]

I doubt it will be a barn burner. Aren't the Pacers the team with all the thugs that burn down buildings?

363898[/snapback]

WE HAVE A WINNER DON!!!!!