Nader Drops N-Bomb

Speaking Wednesday night at a Washington fund-raiser to retire the debt from his 2004 presidential campaign, Nader complained that Democratic Party powerbrokers had kept him off the ballot in such Southern states as Georgia and Virginia - which reminded him of the oppressive Jim Crow laws that denied African-Americans equal rights.

"I felt like a [n-word]," remarked the 70-year-old white multimillionaire graduate of Princeton University and Harvard Law School.

Bombs Away.

Does anybody here even like Nader?

361323[/snapback]

Sure.

Nader has become a bit out there in recent years, but his zealousness and intelligence has accomplished a lot of things, many which were worthwhile and good.

He is a remarkable man and will be an historical figure, regardless if you argee or disagree with him.

What part of:

"Some people can say things that others can't, look into the source and context."

Don't you understand?

Take for example, some people's political leanings. Those people won't get the benefit of the doubt knowing their idealogical background... Some people will?

Again, what part of that don't you understand?

A word is just more than a word. It isn't black and white. :devil:

Of course he gets a slap on the wrist, he is not a threat.

What part of:

"Some people get the benefit of doubt, some people have more power."

Don't you understand?

You gotta know the person who is saying it, then certain powers and priviledge can be granted!

Sure.

Nader has become a bit out there in recent years, but his zealousness and intelligence has accomplished a lot of things, many which were worthwhile and good.

He is a remarkable man and will be an historical figure, regardless if you argee or disagree with him.

361337[/snapback]

I agree.

I have said it before, StuckInCincy, if there is one conservative that can sway me and bring out my conservative leanings, it is you!

Personal responsibility is where it is at!

361337[/snapback]

...said one white guy to the other.

John Lennon once commented that "woman is the N-- of the world". So who should have been insulted?

Is the objection to the WORD itself or the context in which it's used - meaning someone who's discriminated against, treated like a sub-human, used and abused?

It's come to be an ugly word because of the association with slavery and all that means. I'm not defending Nader - it was a stupid thing to say. He doesn't know what it's like nor can he And, thankfully, neither can 99.99999% of the people living in America. If Nader was seeking to make a point, it has been eclipsed by his poor choice of words - it only makes him look stupid.

I agree.

I have said it before, StuckInCincy, if there is one conservative that can sway me and bring out my conservative leanings, it is you!

Personal responsibility is where it is at!

361541[/snapback]

EIL, I have always liked you and still do. The thing is, you don't have "conservative leanings." Imo, your views are closer to facism.

You support home invasions of people who live in Housing Projects so that "health inspectors" may search for ashtrays and cigarette butts.

You support home invasions of the homes of police officers who had drinking problems; terrorizing their wives and children in the process.

You support denying the rights of bar owners to allow their patrons to consume a legal product within their own privately owned property.

Liberals were nothing like you way back when. They actually stood (or at least many of them did) for freedom.

You are against freedom at virtualy every turn, and have sung the praise of Hillary, and now Nader after making inexcusable racial slurs.

Not that you should care but I STILL like you, even if you are a facist leaning whacko. :devil:

EIL, I have always liked you and still do. The thing is, you don't have "conservative leanings." Imo, your views are closer to facism.

You support home invasions of people who live in Housing Projects so that "health inspectors" may search for ashtrays and cigarette butts.

You support home invasions of the homes of police officers who had drinking problems; terrorizing their wives and children in the process.

You support denying the rights of bar owners to allow their patrons to consume a legal product within their own privately owned property.

Liberals were nothing like you way back when. They actually stood (or at least many of them did) for freedom.

You are against freedom at virtualy every turn, and have sung the praise of Hillary, and now Nader after making inexcusable racial slurs.

Not that you should care but I STILL like you, even if you are a facist leaning whacko.  :(

361746[/snapback]

Exiled: you sound like an evil person. Please report yourself to the nearest police station for incarceration.

Not that you should care but I STILL like you, even if you are a facist leaning whacko.  ;)

361746[/snapback]

:(

That's pretty good Bill... One of your finest pieces!

I like you too! You do know your rhetoric and how to properly use it.

Keep up the good work.

Nothing like protecting wife-beaters and somebody's right to breathe clean air so they can lead a long productive life spent with their children without fear of being ravaged by cancer. I guess freedom only means what you want it to be. It is okay for you to harm people but, when they harm you... You scream bloody murder. Typical cop for ya.

;)

That's pretty good Bill... One of your finest pieces!

I like you too!  You do know your rhetoric and how to properly use it.

Keep up the good work.

Nothing like protecting wife-beaters and somebody's right to breathe clean air so they can lead a long productive life spent with their children without fear of being ravaged by cancer.  I guess freedom only means what you want it to be.  It is okay for you to harm people but, when they harm you... You scream bloody murder.  Typical cop for ya.

;)

361844[/snapback]

Protecting wife beaters? You have the wrong person my friend.

I made a living doing the polar opposite.

Sorry if I sounded rough on you. It was mostly in jest. ;)

Exiled: you sound like an evil person. Please report yourself to the nearest police station for incarceration.

361771[/snapback]

He's just the person to do it. People like Bill are above the law. When something doesn't go their way... They whine, kick, and scream. You can't argue with the rhetoric he spews or you are painted an evil, baby-killing, family hating, Jesus bashing bastard.

I do respect his right to paint people with a wide-brush and owe him no explanation. You gotta admit, once he effs somebody, at least he kisses them first!

He's just the person to do it.  People like Bill are above the law.  When something doesn't go their way... They whine, kick, and scream.  You can't argue with the rhetoric he spews or you are painted an evil, baby-killing, family hating, Jesus bashing bastard.

I do respect his right to paint people with a wide-brush and owe him no explanation.  You gotta admit, once he effs somebody, at least he kisses them first!

361847[/snapback]

The ole reach around, eh?

You're a Jesus basher too? Forget the police station. Hop on a boat for Guantanamo.

Protecting wife beaters? You have the wrong person my friend.

I made a living doing the polar opposite.

Sorry if I sounded rough on you. It was mostly in jest.  :(

361846[/snapback]

So if a fellow officer is having a problem drinking which leads to domestic violence, you don't support going into his house and making sure he is not drinking?

Do you think he should be immediately removed?

??

He's just the person to do it.  People like Bill are above the law.  When something doesn't go their way... They whine, kick, and scream.  You can't argue with the rhetoric he spews or you are painted an evil, baby-killing, family hating, Jesus bashing bastard.

I do respect his right to paint people with a wide-brush and owe him no explanation.  You gotta admit, once he effs somebody, at least he kisses them first!

361847[/snapback]

OMG!!! Having a bad day?

Well, here comes appology #2........Sorry to hurt your feelings. Happy Father's Day!

Gotta admit, that last sentence WAS funny. :(

It also comes down to being a person of honor. When told to stop doing something that is harming another, they stop. Unfortunately, we don't live in a society that likes to yield to anyone. I wonder why? Then, in a half-hearted attempt, legislative acts start to take over in place of that honor.

I am not saying it (the laws) work but, they (the laws) attempt to fill the void left by the shortcomings of society at a personal level.

I posted this earlier Bill. It was meant for you.

So if a fellow officer is having a problem drinking which leads to domestic violence, you don't support going into his house and making sure he is not drinking?

Do you think he should be immediately removed?

??

361850[/snapback]

An officer accused of domestic violence is arrested FASTER than anyone else in NYC. Believe this as you choose.

Officers accused of non-violent domestic incidents (such as loud verbal arguments, etc.) are already visited by Field Internal Affairs Units, as are their spouses.

Next question? ;):(

OMG!!! Having a bad day?

Well, here comes appology #2........Sorry to hurt your feelings. Happy Father's Day!

Gotta admit, that last sentence WAS funny.  :(

361851[/snapback]

Actually, not. I am trying to get out of this place. You didn't hurt my feelings. I just think this smoking crusade is silly... Get over it.. You are retired, the law is the law... Accept it.

You throw barbs at me then come bearing roses... WTF is up with that?

It also comes down to being a person of honor. When told to stop doing something that is harming another, they stop. Unfortunately, we don't live in a society that likes to yield to anyone. I wonder why? Then, in a half-hearted attempt, legislative acts start to take over in place of that honor.

I am not saying it (the laws) work but, they (the laws) attempt to fill the void left by the shortcomings of society at a personal level.

I posted this earlier Bill.  It was meant for you.

361853[/snapback]

Thank you.

Please, continue to educate me as to how to have "honor."

All this time, I thought that I was about freedom. :(

An officer accused of domestic violence is arrested FASTER than anyone else in NYC. Believe this as you choose.

Officers accused of non-violent domestic incidents (such as loud verbal arguments, etc.) are already visited by Field Internal Affairs Units, as are their spouses.

Next question?  :lol:  ;)

361854[/snapback]

Ya, right. I don't believe it.

:(;)

Actually, not.  I am trying to get out of this place.  You didn't hurt my feelings.  I just think this smoking crusade is silly... Get over it.. You are retired, the law is the law... Accept it.

You throw barbs at me then come bearing roses... WTF is up with that?

361855[/snapback]

You are reading too much into it.

You are a person to whom I enjoy posting, but we take different sides on almost every issue. If you wish, I will tone it down when posting to you.

Again, I meant no harm.

You are reading too much into it.

You are a person to whom I enjoy posting, but we take different sides on almost every issue. If you wish, I will tone it down when posting to you.

Again, I meant no harm.

361859[/snapback]

Same here Bill... I should have let it go... I do get fiesty... Nothing is wrong with your assumptions.

I try and relate to everything. I am not for these screwy laws but, understand the knee-jerk reaction and attempt to adapt to them... THAT'S ALL.

Maybe we will meet someday and put these differences to rest?

You've posted some pretty dumb and hypocritical things here over the years, but this is probably the worst of it.

361868[/snapback]

Why is it hypocritical?

He is not a cop anymore. His job was to ENFORCE the law, not make it. I can just imagine how he would act if he was still working.

The law is the law. When it is your job to enforce it, you do just that. You don't undermine it, whine, kick and scream. Do your job and what is told of you.

Instead of crying on a message board, spend some of that retired time trying to get lawmakers to change the law?

??

Why is it hypocritical?

EXHIBIT A:

Get over it.. You are retired, the law is the law... Accept it.

361855[/snapback]

EXHIBIT B:

Instead of crying on a message board, spend some of that retired time trying to get lawmakers to change the law?

362012[/snapback]

Why is it hypocritical?

He is not a cop anymore.  His job was to ENFORCE the law, not make it.  I can just imagine how he would act if he was still working.

The law is the law.  When it is your job to enforce it, you do just that.  You don't undermine it, whine, kick and scream.  Do your job and what is told of you.

??

362012[/snapback]

EIL, are you now taking a stand for strict enforcement of every law?

If a man with a perfect driving record is driving with his wife and kids and forgets to signal when he changes lanes, are you FOR this man getting summonsed to court?

Should ALL Jaywalkers be targeted as well?

Police work lesson #1: You cannot survive in this business without the use of DISCRETION.

Police work lesson #2: You cannot survive in this business without friends. A badge and a gun do not make one more powerful than the society one protects.

One poster on this board claims to have been victimized by police (ticketed) on a holiday, in the presence of his children for something he deems minor. Truthfully his story seems sketchy but if true, that officer made an enemy both to himself, and other cops.

You can't please everybody. There are times where you simply must "do what you gotta do," but trust me, it is better to strike a balance than to ride roughshod over people and simply enforce everything; which is a losing proposition, and can border on bullying and abuse.

EIL, are you now taking a stand for strict enforcement of every law?

If a man with a perfect driving record is driving with his wife and kids and forgets to signal when he changes lanes, are you FOR this man getting summonsed to court?

Should ALL Jaywalkers be targeted as well?

Police work lesson #1: You cannot survive in this business without the use of DISCRETION.

Police work lesson #2: You cannot survive in this business without friends. A badge and a gun do not make one more powerful than the society one protects.

One poster on this board claims to have been victimized by police (ticketed) on a holiday, in the presence of his children for something he deems minor. Truthfully his story seems sketchy but if true, that officer made an enemy both to himself, and other cops.

You can't please everybody. There are times where you simply must "do what you gotta do," but trust me, it is better to strike a balance than to ride roughshod over people and simply enforce everything; which is a losing proposition, and can border on bullying and abuse.

362125[/snapback]

I understand.

So I read that Nader is calling for Bush's impeachment? Well, Ralph, I guess there was a difference b/w the candidates after all. Idiot.

One of my older cousins, she's ~45 now, worked on one of his campaigns twenty-odd years back. My uncle, an avowed Maine Republican, voted for Nader twice on the premise that he didn't play grabass with her. If you read that expose of Nader on Salon at election time he makes John Bolton's management style look like Barney and Friends.