Samuel Alito IS Awesome

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, B-Man said:

Here’s Why The Alito Recusal Calls Are Ridiculous

BY: MARGOT CLEVELAND

MAY 20, 2024

Last week, the left and their paramours in the propaganda press paused momentarily from their near-continuous assault on Justice Clarence Thomas to set their sights on a new target: Justice Samuel Alito. 

Justice Alito, headlines barked, must recuse from the pending Supreme Court cases involving Jan. 6 defendants and Trump’s appeal concerning presidential immunity because a “Stop the Steal” symbol was displayed at his house in January 2021. Democrats quickly joined the choir screeching for Alito to recuse. But to borrow a line from Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, the idea that Alito violated any ethical rules, or that the Code of Conduct for the justices requires his recusal from those cases, is wrong six ways to Sunday.

The false flag of an ethical scandal was clear from The New York Times’ spin in breaking the story on Thursday under the headline: “At Justice Alito’s House, a ‘Stop the Steal’ Symbol on Display.” From the Old Gray Lady’s header, one would think the Alitos had displayed a banner brandishing the phrase outside their home. 

But no, as the article soon acknowledged, it was an upside-down American flag seen flying outside the home where Justice Alito lives with his wife. And it was his wife who raised the flag — in protest of a neighbor displaying a profane yard sign, as we would soon learn.

The Times, though, quoted supposed ethics experts, including Amanda Frost, a law professor at the University of Virginia, to frame the hanging of an upside-down flag as a public declaration of “Stop the Steal.” This is “the equivalent of putting a ‘Stop the Steal’ sign in your yard,” Frost reportedly told The New York Times.

That’s quite the leap of logic — and one even the Times’ reporters refrained from making. The Times instead left its readers to infer the upside-down flag professed a “Stop the Steal” sentiment by noting some of Trump’s supporters had inverted Old Glory in contesting the 2020 election results. 

That inference, furthered by Frost’s declaration, however, represents a rewriting of history. While there may have been a few upside-down flags seen displayed during protests at the Capitol, calling it a symbol of “Stop the Steal” is a completely concocted narrative. Consider, for instance, that contemporaneous reporting by leftist outlets, such as CNN, professing to “decod[e] the extremists symbols and groups at the Capitol Hill insurrection” included no mention of protesters appropriating an upside-down flag as a universal symbol for “Stop the Steal” adherents.  

The case against Justice Alito crumbles without the upside-down flag holding the professed political meaning his critics claim. But even accepting the false narrative that flying an upside-down flag is the “equivalent of putting a ‘Stop the Steal’ sign in your yard,” the charges of unethical conduct and the clamoring for recusal fare no better.

Code of Conduct

There are two distinct issues: First, whether Mrs. Alito’s raising of the flag represented an ethical violation for Justice Alito.

Second, whether Mrs. Alito’s display of an upside-down flag requires Justice Alito to recuse.

The answer to both questions is no.

More at the link:  https://thefederalist.com/2024/05/20/i-researched-judicial-ethics-rules-for-years-heres-why-the-alito-recusal-calls-are-ridiculous/

All of which, begs the question   "what was his or his wife's intent on flying the inverted flag?"  If it were really a tit-for-tat a between rude neighbors, wouldn't a note in the offenders mailbox saying "We don't appreciate your crude sign" be more effective?  Especially for some one in a distinguished position in the gov't or his presumably sophisticated wife?   Why would an upside down flag send her message clearly and without obvious ambiguity?

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

18 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

For calling your wife a *****, why Wouldn't you shoot him with one of the guns you're saving up for the upcoming civil war?  I know you're a real tough guy.

If Quack was Alito's neighbor in this story, it would be Quack who called Alito's wife the c-word.

Based on Quack's previous drunken rantings here, I'd believe that.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

If Quack was Alito's neighbor in this story, it would be Quack who called Alito's wife the c-word.

Based on Quack's previous drunken rantings here, I'd believe that.  

Based on your presumably sober rantings, I'd say psychopath more accurately describes you.

• Vomit 1

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

So his intentions were evil?  Then he should man up to it.  Aren't justices meant to be just?

And the politics of the nyc district attorney (met with white house). And openly partisan judge?  

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

And the politics of the nyc district attorney (met with white house). And openly partisan judge?  

The DA is a prosecutor.  The judge hasn't been reported to publicly fly symbols proving impartiality.  Neither are on the supreme court- several degrees of magnitude below...

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

The DA is a prosecutor.  The judge hasn't been reported to publicly fly symbols proving impartiality.  Neither are on the supreme court- several degrees of magnitude below...

Individuals, no matter what their job is, are allowed to have their own opinions.  No separation needed. unless you're hypocritically trying to make one different than the other.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Posted (edited)

Leftists want to make up rules around SCOTUS spouses having opinions in a useless effort to force recusal from justices.

Meanwhile these same leftists ignore laws already on the books when mobs protest in front of justices homes.

Guess what commies?

***** off.

Edited by BillsFanNC
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Telling how the lefty struck down the very basic fact people are allowed to have the first.  Secondly, it's not 1920 anymore.  Men don't control the opinions of women. 

Harrison Butker says no wife of mine is flying the Chiefs flag upside down.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Harrison Butker says no wife of mine is flying the Chiefs flag upside down.

Its amazing how him saying the same thing at the same school didn't get you all mad and saying the exact same thing.

On 5/21/2024 at 8:13 AM, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Look at the scum trump closely associated with:  Cohen, Giuliani, Costello, ***** etc.  Birds of a feather.  Presumably that's why so many losers are going to vote for him.

In the bigger picture, yeah Trump's character is why I have never voted for him. But in absolutely no way does this rationalize or justify the banana republic shyt the dems have done.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Its amazing how him saying the same thing at the same school didn't get you all mad and saying the exact same thing.

Somewhere in there is a coherent thought. I read it 3 times, even adding my own punctuation. 

Never mind, I give up.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Somewhere in there is a coherent thought. I read it 3 times, even adding my own punctuation. 

Never mind, I give up.

Never mind.  CNN and others were but hurt back then, just didn't dominate the cycle.

New NFL initative aims to help minority businesses get contracts | CNN

Until now, each NFL team handled the selection of suppliers of goods and services differently, but NFL Source will standardize the way the league and its partners work with certified businesses that are 51% owned and operated by a minority, a woman, a person with disabilities, someone who is LGBTQ+ or a veteran, according to a statement obtained by CNN.

NFL Source will provide a centralized entry point for these companies through a new website, with one set of procurement standards and procedures, including criteria for which businesses will be eligible for a contract, the league said.

The league also plans to distribute a diversity playbook of businesses to teams that opt into the program in September 2024.

Could have put that little nugget in the race-based system thread.

BTW. Grammar software is the most generic thing imaginable. your reply was nothing more than one of those apps

Edited by Tommy Callahan