"I Did Not Have Sex With that Woman, Ms. Daniels"

5 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Seems like Stormy is having difficulty threading the needle of what is allowed and what isn't. Can't blame her, she's not an expert on that part of it, but the judge isn't happy.

image.thumb.png.2d2ada30ddf24cb7f7f8dc7d18531004.png

Stormy can testify to the facts of the interaction but if it gets too lurid, it'll veer into being more prejudicial than probative which would likely result in the judge sustaining multiple objections and risk making the prosecutors look bad in front of the jury.

Apparently the defense didn't object for a long time to the "scene setting" testimony Stormy was going into. So the judge at first intervened (I've had this happen to me) by telling the DA "I'm not interested in that." Then we got some objections. The worst that can happen (realistically) is that the judge admonishes the jury not to consider certain things other than that Trump did have sex with her. Unlikely to be considered reversible error on appeal if he is convicted.

• Like (+1) 1

File under: Some Things I Learned Today.

No condom.

But that's ok I guess because no sex with Melania either. Separate beds or bedrooms.

1 minute ago, BillsFanNC said:

So Trump nailed a "Horse Face." Seems likely to play out well in the media!

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

File under: Some Things I Learned Today.

No condom.

But that's ok I guess because no sex with Melania either. Separate beds or bedrooms.

So Trump nailed a "Horse Face." Seems likely to play out well in the media!

Well, this assumes the moral and ethical character of a witness is even important in this case. Appears to me moral and ethical character of witnesses is not important.

1 minute ago, Pokebball said:

Well, this assumes the moral and ethical character of a witness is even important in this case. Appears to me moral and ethical character of witnesses is not important.

You know the saying: you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas.

There is no sex worker anywhere in the world who could testify as to what kind of deodorant I use. 

1 minute ago, 49er Fan said:

Is Melania in court today? 😂😂😂

Trophy Wife only deals with lawyers when she's negotiating a revised pre (post) nup.

Poor Barron, wherever they're hiding him.

Now: Trump getting handsy with Stormy in 2007. She pulls out the old c*** blocker fave: "I'm on my period."

Even NBC says jurors are yawning by this point. Unlike me. I'm lovin' it.

Important point for the prosecution here. One of the best defenses Trump can make is that he paid Daniels off because he didn’t want Melania to find out and it had nothing to do with the campaign (see: John Edwards)

This defense would be undermined if Trump didn’t care about keeping the encounter secret or didn’t try negotiating an NDA for the decade between the encounter and the launch of his campaign. 

• Agree 1

Just now, ChiGoose said:

Important point for the prosecution here. One of the best defenses Trump can make is that he paid Daniels off because he didn’t want Melania to find out and it had nothing to do with the campaign (see: John Edwards)

This defense would be undermined if Trump didn’t care about keeping the encounter secret or didn’t try negotiating an NDA for the decade between the encounter and the launch of his campaign. 

Plus the point she made earlier: Trump told her that he and Melania weren't even sleeping together by this time, suggesting that she would be o.k. (and hardly shocked) with his philandering. 

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

One of the Trumpy's favorites, Andrew Weissmann, now on MSNBC saying the cross "could be tough" because the defense position is she's lying.

He's obviously a more accomplished attorney than yours truly, but I disagree: better not to question her credibility. That's why all her details were important. They set the scene. Why else was Trump inviting her to his room? Leave it alone. Just argue the old "we're not saying our client is perfect; all of that you heard from Stormy isn't relevant to what the prosecution is trying to prove." But that's where politics comes in - Trump may INSIST that they try to discredit her. And that would allow the DA on redirect to elicit even more details about the tryst.

4 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

I haven't learned anything new about any of these folks involved in this trial.

Can we get onto the bookkeeping errors!

Mark Steyn (funny until he became Limbaugh's substitute host!) used to say this: like all American political scandals, it won't be over until it becomes a campaign finance violation. This case proves it.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

OK, Stormy, you lost me on this one: "I didn't care about the [amount of the hush] money." Then something about "I just wanted to keep my husband from finding out."

Oh, so he's fine with you having sex on camera for money with all sorts of other people, but he'd have a strong moral objection to having sex with Trump for a hope at a new career opportunity.

Yeah. That makes sense. 🙄

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

One of the Trumpy's favorites, Andrew Weissmann, now on MSNBC saying the cross "could be tough" because the defense position is she's lying.

He's obviously a more accomplished attorney than yours truly, but I disagree: better not to question her credibility. That's why all her details were important. They set the scene. Why else was Trump inviting her to his room? Leave it alone. Just argue the old "we're not saying our client is perfect; all of that you heard from Stormy isn't relevant to what the prosecution is trying to prove." But that's where politics comes in - Trump may INSIST that they try to discredit her. And that would allow the DA on redirect to elicit even more details about the tryst.

Ever ask yourself how you got to the point where you are providing excited updates, seemingly by the minute, to a message board frequented by 12 people? Not judging you, just wondering. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Ever ask yourself how you got to the point where you are providing excited updates, seemingly by the minute, to a message board frequented by 12 people? Not judging you, just wondering. 

13, get it right. 😁

• Haha (+1) 1