Men Are Dropping Out of Workforce --

What the heck? They just want to be grifters like Trump?

https://www.newsweek.com/american-men-dont-want-work-anymore-1897567

A larger factor may be men's declining participation in higher education. While women historically were excluded from universities, they now outpace men at college roughly 60 to 40 percent.

And for those without a college degree, unemployment is far more likely. Those with only a high school diploma have an unemployment rate of 3.9 percent compared to just 2.2 percent of those who achieved a bachelor's degree, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

A recent study from the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston linked a drop in self esteem related to the jobs on the market as a possible factor.

• Eyeroll 1

Men also may be leaving the workforce due to a larger dissatisfaction with capitalist society, Vissing said.

"Many jobs are simply not satisfying," Vissing said. "Working for others who get the benefit of our physical labor and intellectual property is not rewarding either emotionally or financially. People want to work doing jobs that matter to us. We want to use our creativity. We want to matter, and in many businesses, employees simply don't get treated with the respect and support that we need and want. People walk away from them."

Just now, BillsFanNC said:

Unemployed Patriot?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

You go to these indoctrinated schools and they tell you how you are racist and have toxic masculinity. And you go in debt to to do so. No thanks, better off learning a trade or teaching yourself how to code.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Is this a result of dei hiring and college acceptance programs. 

This is simply not true.

It is not hard at all to get into college. Many (most?) colleges are essentially open admissions.

The problem is staying on task and sticking with something. And men are failing in that. It's not just college, it's also putting in the time and work to learn a valuable skill. I just had an electrician do some work on my house - he told me what a journeyman makes these days, and it's about 3 times what my job hires college educated legal assistants at. 

• Eyeroll 1

18 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

This is simply not true.

It is not hard at all to get into college. Many (most?) colleges are essentially open admissions.

The problem is staying on task and sticking with something. And men are failing in that. It's not just college, it's also putting in the time and work to learn a valuable skill. I just had an electrician do some work on my house - he told me what a journeyman makes these days, and it's about 3 times what my job hires college educated legal assistants at. 

To be fair, the cost is also extremely prohibitive these days. It's almost as if some would prefer an uneducated population.

I'm gonna stick with the actual college and corporate hiring/admitting policies being dei based has led to what your talking about. 

Vs your comment that was just your sexist biases.  

• Haha (+1) 1