Bogus Trump Documents Case: Cannon Postpones Trial Indefinitely Amid Prosecutors Malfeasance

Beautiful. 

Spent most of the day at Ft. Pierce federal courthouse to cover two hearings in classified docs case.

Special Counsel team's frustration with Judge Aileen Cannon is really evident.

And it's glorious.

David Harbach, one of Smith's lead prosecutors and usually a cool customer in court, had a series of mini temper tantrums this morning. At times pounding his fist on the podium and clapping his hands in anger to emphasize a point, Harbach was totally unprofessional, demeaning, and petulant.

Cannon asked Harbach to "calm down" during one diatribe about accusations DOJ threatened one of the defense attorneys to get his client to flip on Donald Trump.

He kept trying to argue with her--Cannon also remains measured most of the time and is no fan of antics--and when she asked him a question about an issue, he shot back "that's not the right question."

A few reporters in the media room even gasped.

Harbach is flailing bc his case is imploding.

DOJ never thought their dirty, sloppy, corrupt tricks would see the light of day. Biden regime never thought information such as the FBI's operations order related to MAL raid that included lethal force guidance would ever be made public.

But Cannon is systematically dismantling this case by holding hearings (like today) and ordering the unsealing of key motions and evidence. She is a one-woman wrecking crew and Smith's team knows there is very little they can do about it.

And she is nowhere near finished. Just this week, in addition to the unsealed motions posted yesterday that revealed details about the MAL raid, Cannon ordered the unsealing of several motions filed earlier in the case.

I'm working on a Substack post for the weekend on the nature of the motions today and the proceedings--but suffice to say Jack Smith's team already appears deflated and defeated.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

Beautiful. 

Spent most of the day at Ft. Pierce federal courthouse to cover two hearings in classified docs case.

Special Counsel team's frustration with Judge Aileen Cannon is really evident.

And it's glorious.

David Harbach, one of Smith's lead prosecutors and usually a cool customer in court, had a series of mini temper tantrums this morning. At times pounding his fist on the podium and clapping his hands in anger to emphasize a point, Harbach was totally unprofessional, demeaning, and petulant.

Cannon asked Harbach to "calm down" during one diatribe about accusations DOJ threatened one of the defense attorneys to get his client to flip on Donald Trump.

He kept trying to argue with her--Cannon also remains measured most of the time and is no fan of antics--and when she asked him a question about an issue, he shot back "that's not the right question."

A few reporters in the media room even gasped.

Harbach is flailing bc his case is imploding.

DOJ never thought their dirty, sloppy, corrupt tricks would see the light of day. Biden regime never thought information such as the FBI's operations order related to MAL raid that included lethal force guidance would ever be made public.

But Cannon is systematically dismantling this case by holding hearings (like today) and ordering the unsealing of key motions and evidence. She is a one-woman wrecking crew and Smith's team knows there is very little they can do about it.

And she is nowhere near finished. Just this week, in addition to the unsealed motions posted yesterday that revealed details about the MAL raid, Cannon ordered the unsealing of several motions filed earlier in the case.

I'm working on a Substack post for the weekend on the nature of the motions today and the proceedings--but suffice to say Jack Smith's team already appears deflated and defeated.

Cannon should have cleared the courtroom (of everyone but a single lawyer) and read them the riot act...

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

Cannon should have cleared the courtroom (of everyone but a single lawyer) and read them the riot act...

Yeah no difference between an attorney-judge at a hearing, and an unruly witness trying to strike testimony from his witness stand during a trial.  LOL 

10 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Yeah no difference between an attorney-judge at a hearing, and an unruly witness trying to strike testimony from his witness stand during a trial.  LOL 

A witness trying to strike testimony?  LOL

• Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Doc said:

A witness trying to strike testimony?  LOL

Costello is a complete clown:

'Jeez!' Costello said in the witness box, at a normal volume − but with an exasperated tone − after a sustained objection.  

"Sorry?" "I'm sorry?" Merchan said heatedly to Costello. Costello then said "strike it," seeming to refer to striking his own testimony from the court record.

Costello continued testifying, and then he dramatically sighed after another objection was sustained. Merchan then excused the jurors from the courtroom and said to Costello:

"I want to discuss proper decorum in my courtroom." Costello said when jurors left.

"Right," Costello responded.

"If you don't like my ruling, you don't say, 'Jeez!'" Merchan continued.

He reminded Costello, who is a veteran lawyer, that Costello also isn't permitted to say, "Strike it," because Merchan is the only one in the courtroom with the power to strike testimony. Merchan also made reference to Costello rolling his eyes.  

"Do you understand that?" Merchan asked Costello, who was sitting within six feet of the judge, in the witness box to the judge's left.

Merchan then said to Costello in an inflamed tone: "Are you staring me down right now?"

"Clear the courtroom, please. Clear the courtroom," the judge then ordered. Court security officers then forced all reporters to leave the courtroom.

5 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Costello is a complete clown:

'Jeez!' Costello said in the witness box, at a normal volume − but with an exasperated tone − after a sustained objection.  

"Sorry?" "I'm sorry?" Merchan said heatedly to Costello. Costello then said "strike it," seeming to refer to striking his own testimony from the court record.

Costello continued testifying, and then he dramatically sighed after another objection was sustained. Merchan then excused the jurors from the courtroom and said to Costello:

"I want to discuss proper decorum in my courtroom." Costello said when jurors left.

"Right," Costello responded.

"If you don't like my ruling, you don't say, 'Jeez!'" Merchan continued.

He reminded Costello, who is a veteran lawyer, that Costello also isn't permitted to say, "Strike it," because Merchan is the only one in the courtroom with the power to strike testimony. Merchan also made reference to Costello rolling his eyes.  

"Do you understand that?" Merchan asked Costello, who was sitting within six feet of the judge, in the witness box to the judge's left.

Merchan then said to Costello in an inflamed tone: "Are you staring me down right now?"

"Clear the courtroom, please. Clear the courtroom," the judge then ordered. Court security officers then forced all reporters to leave the courtroom.

So is Merchan.

• Like (+1) 1

"No reasonable prosecutor..."

Remember?

:lol:

This was widely objected to within the FBI at the time. Every Agent knew that if it was one of them who had handled classified material in the same manner, the "No Reasonable Prosecutor" excuse would have never been uttered. More offensive to me was the his use of "We" and "Our" on question where the FBI doesn't make the decision. He was playing Dep. AG -- a job he once held -- but not the job he held at the time. This was a gift to Obama-Clinton. HRC was off the hook and no one in the Obama DOJ had to make the call. It was made for them by a supposedly life-long Republican.