Micah Hyde Charity Softball Game-May 19th

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

why wouldn't they have just signed him to another year instead of letting him go?

Because maybe he’s debating in if he wants to actually risk coming back or not. Maybe Beane has a number in place what we can afford to pay to Hyde and are allowing Hyde to look on the open market for more and if he doesn’t find it, he’s always available to come back at the rate we’re offering. 

1 hour ago, mrags said:

Because maybe he’s debating in if he wants to actually risk coming back or not. Maybe Beane has a number in place what we can afford to pay to Hyde and are allowing Hyde to look on the open market for more and if he doesn’t find it, he’s always available to come back at the rate we’re offering. 

oh ok, I didn't realize he's testing the market.

41 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

oh ok, I didn't realize he's testing the market.

Well. I don’t know if he is or not. Of course. I’m just spitballing and throwing some ideas out there as to why we haven’t signed him yet. For all we know he doesn’t want to risk his health at this point. 

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't hate the idea of having him in the room with a rookie safety.

I'd think with him being so uncertain any role open to him would most likely be depth, because you can't plan on anything else.

Edited by Warcodered