Report: Micah Parsons act is "wearing thin" in Dallas

On 4/8/2024 at 6:25 PM, BullBuchanan said:

Are you guys playing a game where you aren't allowed to mention TJ Watt or is he just so far ahead that when you say "the best", you really mean guys fighting for #2?

TJ Watt is a dam good edge rusher also.  Much respect for his game.  I like Highsmith on the other side as well.  Not one of the top 5 in the league.  But a very good player.  

Speaking of good defensive players, I was on my phone sitting by a fountain in downtown Fort Lauderdale early last Friday evening and Aaron Donald just comes strolling by.  The dude was not overly tall.  I am 6'1 and he was no taller then me.  His arms are a little bigger though.  LOL

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/9/2024 at 12:15 PM, Mister Defense said:

Lol

Yes, the Bills  were terrified of such a dominant player, so just desperately ran and ran (as you say, 'away") from him.  Parsons played a great game, but the Bills were just clever enough to keep away from that powerful, immovable force that is Parsons.

I am reconsidering my position and now think the Bills merely got (very) lucky this past year against him and the girls, and were just somehow able to 'run away' from Parsons, getting monumentally lucky they were fast enough to keep away from that dominant brute.  It is terrifying to think what the girls and Parson will do to the poor Bills the next time they play each other.

No, it shows his greatness and that the Bills just lucked out--don't worry the girls will almost assuredly come through the  next time when the Bills aren't so lucky..

The Chiefs scored 51 against the Rams in 2018. Prime Aaron Donald clearly wasn’t a dominant player. Of course, the Rams scored 54 largely because Chris Jones was similarly terrible.

On 4/9/2024 at 1:53 PM, 78thealltimegreat said:

The Bills have their own problems but saying Micah Parsons is somehow terrible is living in an alternate universe. He’s literally one of only two guys in nfl history with at least 12 sacks his first 3 years not even Bruce did that 

Never said he was terrible, said what I said about him in big games, and against good teams, including being less than a zero factor against the Bills this year.

He is Jerry Jones kind of player, lots of splash, publicity, but, so far, not a big game, big time player.  See: Dak Prescott.

I think he gets a bum rap. I think it's easy to get frustrated in Dallas, but more so I think it's easy for Dallas to make the story out of anything. Both the media and the team like to use it as leverage. 

Coincidentally my nephew refereed a game today for one team was coached by him.

i dont know Parsons.  im told hes the best defensive player in the league atm.  is it him?  the guys around him?  the scheme?  the play calling?  the coaching?  or a mix of all,  or none?  who really knows.  Football is the ultimate team game.   everybody has to perform for this guy to be able to do what he does.   maybe hes a headache,  or maybe he just wants to win before hes pushed out of this league.   some guys are motivated by the money,  some are motivated by winning it all, some both.  whatever,  id still take a flyer on him if we had cap space,  has to be better than Von at this point.