If you could bring back two Bills players from the

Tolstoy

Funny you brought that up Fez.

I remember being furious that he didn't play in that game. A month or so later, I got what had to have been the same flu as Bruce. It hit me at work. I was frozen walking from my car to my house and woke up shivering and sweating with sore muscles, in the fetal position.

This, along with other common flu symptoms, lasted for the better part of a week.

There is NO WAY he could have played!

Did anybody else here catch that particular flu?

PS: You are right, I have been taking a flu shot ever since.

358085[/snapback]

I didn't catch THAT particular one. I caught another. :doh:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For Personal interest: Joe Ferguson and OJ Simpson.

Fergy will always be my favorite Bill. OJ,despite his recent slicing moves...his old ones were even better. There was a time when people talked about the greatest RB of all time the only name other than Jim Brown that was mentioned was the Juice.

For Best Team interest: Jim Kelly and Bruce Smith

Kelly was the ideal Gunslinger, and Bruce was the closest thing the Bills have ever had that forced offenses to change their game plans.

Kelly, Smith, and Metzelaars are obvious choices that would fit well and have been mentioned ad nauseum. Here's couple of other's that could fit in nicely:

Billy Shaw & Jerry Butler

And, hey, what about Thurman? Willis looks like the real deal, but c'mon...Thurman.

A heart and love for the game as big as his ego, "The Dolphin Killer", and will always bleed Bills red, white, and blue. I'd take him any day.

based on the current teams and needs,

Bruuuuuuuce. It'd just be fun to have him back, and any of our DE's are replaceable if we find a stud.

Norwood. He was a great kicker and we need one of them.

I'd say Kelly, but I soooo want to seee what JP can do that I don't want to replace him just yet. If we still had Drew, then Jim would surely be on everyone's list.

Darryl Talley - intense, intense, intense - how could you quit if you were his team mate?

Jim Kelly - for obvious reasons

Honorable mention - two of my fave Bills of all time:

* Doug Flutie - say what you want about him, the games were always interesting with him in it. Plus the opposition always was terrified of him getting outta the pocket.

* James Lofton - there have been better receivers in the game - But in my relatively short time watching American football, no one (except Rice & Moss) was more graceful and played the position more intelligently than Lofton. Plus he was really, really smart and articulate.

Charles

A good LT - so will go for Wolford.

And also Kelly, because JP is a question mark (no matter how much I think he will be a good 'un).

Ask me again halfway through the season and I can see Christie instead of Kelly (I hope) and if our OL miraculously turns things around then Bruuuuuce for Wil.

How can any Bills fan stop at two?

OJ was the fastest player I ever saw from his 1st step,so much so that for years I thought other runners like Joe Cribs, Greg Bell, Ronnie Harmon etc were hesitating upon the hiking of the ball. Thurman was the most complete player-runner,blocker,reciever-that we ever put on the field. So as good as Willis may become, it is hard not to go for one of these two RB's.

We have nobody on the line who would have started for the electric company or for the SuperBills. Kent Hull and Joe D are my favorites due to heart and ability respectively.

Defense could always use an end like Bruce but Robert James was a true lockdown corner in his day.

Is that the Bruce Smith with or without the flu shot? :lol:

CW

358043[/snapback]

Funny--but in reality flu shots are rarely effective cuz its hard to isolate the particular flu for that season.Sometimes it even makes you worse than you would be without it. If you are not very elderly or have a very compromising illness---then the shots are not recommended.

Robert James and Bob Chandler.

With James at CB, it was one on one and the guy he covered never seemed open. On top of that he could out tackle Winfield. Really, how many people do you know of that went from Defensive End in college to CB in the Pro's.

Chandler was just a joy to watch. If the Bills could have won during his career, he would have at least as good a rep as Bilitnikov (SP?).