WAY early NCAA Playoff bracket....

ArdmoreRyno

Why not? Lets start arguing! 

(BYE TEAMS - highest ranked conference champions)

1. Ohio State

2. Texas

3. Clemson

4. Oklahoma State

(AT LARGE)

5. Georgia 

12. Notre Dame

6. Oregon

11. Michigan 

7. Alabama

10. Penn State

8. Utah

9. Ole Miss

Maybe's
- West Virginia (my darkhorse)

- Texas A&M

- Mizzou

- Arizona

- LSU

- Tennessee

- FSU

- Virginia (2nd darkhorse)

- Kansas

- Liberty 

On 3/1/2024 at 9:32 AM, Bill from NYC said:

OK.....I'll bite. What on Earth could possibly make you think that Oklahoma State will be a top seed? Is it the lack of worthy opponents? I give up.

It's because he's a Cowboy alumni.....

He knows his stuff... And OKL st is good ...

But top 20 is more reasonable 

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/27/2024 at 1:49 PM, ArdmoreRyno said:

Why not? Lets start arguing! 

(BYE TEAMS - highest ranked conference champions)

1. Ohio State

2. Texas

3. Clemson

4. Oklahoma State

(AT LARGE)

5. Georgia 

12. Notre Dame

6. Oregon

11. Michigan 

7. Alabama

10. Penn State

8. Utah

9. Ole Miss

Maybe's
- West Virginia (my darkhorse)

- Texas A&M

- Mizzou

- Arizona

- LSU

- Tennessee

- FSU

- Virginia (2nd darkhorse)

- Kansas

- Liberty 

I am a UCF season ticket holder and our game vs OSU was the brightest spot of the season. That being said we had played extremely poorly the two prior games and for obvious reasons you thought that was who we were.

On 3/3/2024 at 1:14 PM, Orlando Tim said:

I am a UCF season ticket holder and our game vs OSU was the brightest spot of the season. That being said we had played extremely poorly the two prior games and for obvious reasons you thought that was who we were.

UCF went 6-7 and lost to GT Tech in the bowl game.
They knew who UCF was.

They overestimated themselves.

Rat poison will do that.

By the way, welcome to Gus Malzhan football.

I see it has only been 3 years.

You probably still think he will turn it around.

Give it 2 more years, and you will understand why Auburn fans were ready to move on from him.

Just now, Cynical said:

UCF went 6-7 and lost to GT Tech in the bowl game.
They knew who UCF was.

They overestimated themselves.

Rat poison will do that.

By the way, welcome to Gus Malzhan football.

I see it has only been 3 years.

You probably still think he will turn it around.

Give it 2 more years, and you will understand why Auburn fans were ready to move on from him.

UCF had some injuries in middle of year and got smoked by two middling teams. We lost by 2 to Sooners and by 1 to Texas tech and Baylor. We would have been 8-4 if not for some bad luck. All of our good luck came during that one game. 

On 3/1/2024 at 8:32 AM, Bill from NYC said:

OK.....I'll bite. What on Earth could possibly make you think that Oklahoma State will be a top seed? Is it the lack of worthy opponents? I give up.

OU and Texas are gone. Utah comes in, Arizona comes in... but the other school that ran the conference? Oklahoma State. 

History, that tells me why. Not just the fact I'm a fan/alum. HISTORY. 

OU has dominated the Big XII, despite being 2nd to OSU the past 3 years (we've been to two Big XII championships with OU going to zero)... but who's been the 2nd best team the past 15 years in the conference? It's not Texas, it's Oklahoma State.

Ok State returns the nations best RB (OGIII), a 18th year senior QB who threw for 3,400 yards, the leading WR and 5/5 OL. We also return nearly all of our defense. 

Returning 80% of the team who reached the Big XII title game last year.

Why not OSU? 

South Dakota State (H): WIN - not an easy win, but we will win by 14+

Arkansas (H): WIN - Again, not easy but we're at home and way better. I'm glad their series is back.

Tulsa (A): WIN - nothing to add

Utah (H): WIN - This game is about 60-40, but first time Utah playing in the Big XII coming to OSU. It will probably be a night game in Stillwater, which is a crazy place at night.

K-State (A): ?? - Toss-up. K-State is always tough, but they lost their star QB. They also lost most of their offensive weapons. Still, it's KSU who is pesky. 

WVU (H): WIN - W. Virginia will be solid, but again... it's in Stillwater and we always beat them. 

BYU (A): ?? - Toss-up. OSU is better than BYU but on the road? Who knows. 

Baylor (A): WIN  - nothing to add

ASU (H): WIN - homecoming, Arizona State has a long way to go to be good again. Beat them on the road last year

TCU (A): WIN - will be a tough game in Ft. Worth, good coaching staff. So it could go either way, but OSU 60-40

Texas Tech (H): WIN - we always beat the crap out of Tech

Colorado (A): WIN - might be tough, not impressed with how CU finished the past 8-9 games

OSU has a range of 12-0 (13-0 with Big XII title?) to 10-2 and the Big XII title game on the table. If OSU ends up 11-1, wins the Big XII... we will be one of the top 4 Conference Champions (IMO). If we lose, could swap places with Utah in the Playoffs because I think that's who will finish 2nd in conference. 

So that's why. How WOULDN'T it be Oklahoma State running the conference with OU and UT gone??? 

On 3/3/2024 at 12:14 PM, Orlando Tim said:

That was a perfect storm game, literally. Your QB back and at 100% for the first time since the start of the year, weather sucked (which we didn't even have the right cleats for) and once we started turning the ball over... it was a snowball. UCF scores, Ollie fumbles on the first drive for OSU... UCF scores again. It's 14-0. We get the ball back? Interception. UCF drives half the field again, 21-0. It was over at that point. The team was down, OGIII was throwing a little fit and we got smoked. 

People who just look at the scoreboard really don't know how it played out. 3 turnovers by half. OSU wasn't ready... at all. 

20 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

UCF had some injuries in middle of year and got smoked by two middling teams. We lost by 2 to Sooners and by 1 to Texas tech and Baylor. We would have been 8-4 if not for some bad luck. All of our good luck came during that one game. 

Yea, UCF with their QB at 100% would have been a completely different team.