Will your opinion of McD change if we make the Super Bowl…. And lose

FireChans

Does your opinion of McD change with an SB loss?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Does your opinion of McD change with an SB loss?

My opinion of McD would definitely go up if he got this team to a SB.  That would mean he beat some good clubs to win the AFC Championship...possibly beating KC along the way.  So regardless of the SB result,  that would be a great accomplishment for McD.

I’m assuming this poll isn’t saying that losing the Super Bowl would mark the best the Bills would ever do under McD so I voted that ‘yes’ as it would at least show he’d finally gotten them out of playoff neutral gear. Make it to the Super Bowl and then keep progressing from there. 

Such an open-ended question. If we make a SuperBowl and play superbly but just happen to run into another team that plays at the same level but it's just a question of a bad bounce or something (not bad coaching like 13 Seconds), if would be hard to fault McD. 

Making it to the SB and losing it would be huge progress for McD. It seems like he’s been going backwards since the AFC championship game. If they get to the SB, it will prove that they can finally beat the Chiefs which remains the #1 obstacle. The loss would be gut wrenching no matter how it happens, but it would greatly increase my confidence in this coaching staff.