Measles is a 'heat-seeking missile' experts warn as Florida outbreak grows

24 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Before COVID conservatives were the ones who believed in vaccines, while liberals, especially in places life California, fought against the mandates. Now you equate a shot that protects you for 6 weeks with unknown side effects with a vaccine that has 4 decades of information. You truly are gullible

You're vaccinated, right?

1 hour ago, Orlando Tim said:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/02/06/us/california-measles-vaccines-map.html

Before COVID conservatives were the ones who believed in vaccines, while liberals, especially in places life California, fought against the mandates. Now you equate a shot that protects you for 6 weeks with unknown side effects with a vaccine that has 4 decades of information. You truly are gullible

4 decades ago, we didn't have the science or the testing capabilities that we do now.  How were computers 40 years ago?  Televisions?  

I am not saying to follow everything blindly, but the idea that things today take as long as they did 40 decades ago is ludicrous. 

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

You're vaccinated, right?

Depends on your definition of vaccinated

47 minutes ago, cle23 said:

4 decades ago, we didn't have the science or the testing capabilities that we do now.  How were computers 40 years ago?  Televisions?  

I am not saying to follow everything blindly, but the idea that things today take as long as they did 40 decades ago is ludicrous. 

Do you actually think the computer simulations are the same as actually having even 10 years of research? I can't remember if you were one of the people who told me that there was no evidence of long term issues with the COVID shot in summer of 2021 but several people here did, proving the lack of understanding of all scientific principles. A five year study still takes 5 years at a minimum, which you seem confused by.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BillStime said:

Covid?

I got the original Johnson and Johnson one, nothing since. My kids are not vaccinated and I am thankful since to a healthy 18 year old the vaccine is more threat than help.

Got the MMR vaccine the it came out because of the mumps. Never had it before the vaccine came out although  i had the measles and rubella before the vaccine.

17 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

Do you actually think the computer simulations are the same as actually having even 10 years of research? I can't remember if you were one of the people who told me that there was no evidence of long term issues with the COVID shot in summer of 2021 but several people here did, proving the lack of understanding of all scientific principles. A five year study still takes 5 years at a minimum, which you seem confused by.

I didn't say computer simulations are the same.  Do I think they help?  Sure.  My point was, the testing that used to take months or years to do, now can be done much, much faster.  DNA testing wasn't admissible in court until 1986 because it wasn't reliable.  Now, we can have testing done in days, or a couple week at most and with extremely high accuracy rates.  We have more evidence of what components of vaccines and such will have lasting effects.  Again, that isn't to say it's 100% completely foolproof, but to compare testing and research times from 40 years ago and then say that today's stuff isn't as accurate or trustworthy because they didn't take the same amount of time or is also not accurate.  

4 hours ago, cle23 said:

I didn't say computer simulations are the same.  Do I think they help?  Sure.  My point was, the testing that used to take months or years to do, now can be done much, much faster.  DNA testing wasn't admissible in court until 1986 because it wasn't reliable.  Now, we can have testing done in days, or a couple week at most and with extremely high accuracy rates.  We have more evidence of what components of vaccines and such will have lasting effects.  Again, that isn't to say it's 100% completely foolproof, but to compare testing and research times from 40 years ago and then say that today's stuff isn't as accurate or trustworthy because they didn't take the same amount of time or is also not accurate.  

You are defending a stupid attack by talking about unrelated items. I made statements of fact about the COVID shot and your response was to argue that the shot works as advertised, which only the dumbest believed.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, BillStime said:

The anti-vax cult carries on... right @Doc?

If you ever wonder why I assume you are a right winger truly pretending l, this video is one of the reasons. Every reasonable person believes a COVID vaccine being mandated for kids is evil, who do you disagree?

10 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

If you ever wonder why I assume you are a right winger truly pretending l, this video is one of the reasons. Every reasonable person believes a COVID vaccine being mandated for kids is evil, who do you disagree?

COVID vaccinations for children are safe... but I defer to parents because it is NOT my call.

You got that Tim? Focus on your own and your family's medical decisions.

12 hours ago, BillStime said:

COVID vaccinations for children are safe... but I defer to parents because it is NOT my call.

You got that Tim? Focus on your own and your family's medical decisions.

Thank you for admitting Trump is correct here, glad we all agree.

• Agree 1