Great QBs and the # of SuperBowl Victories

Bills!Win!

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

Watch Brock Purdy win a Super Bowl and the "experts" will be saying Purdy is a better QB than Allen.

For some, that is the only metric.

Drove me crazy when people were comparing Brady & Manning.  I happen to think Brady is better when all is said & done - but he did get to play w/ the GOAT coach and teams that had much better balance & construction, while Manning went through 5 coaches and often had average teams he had to carry.

People talk about it like it's tennis.

Edited by Success
  • Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

Great compared to the 1000ish starting QBs who ever played 

Meh. Most aren’t good enough. They’re closer to the top of “best of the rest” than they are elite. 

This also kind of reminds me of when teams get ranked as “top 10”. Like 10th isn’t awesome in a 32 team

league. You’re better than 2/3’s of the league. It’s not like top 10 in a field of 60 or 100. 

Like 9th at the Olympics is awesome at scale. But comparatively 9th behind Michael Phelps is a totally different class. In rowing if you were 0.5% off the best guy, or goal time for a workout you were a totally different class of athlete. 

On 1/24/2024 at 8:54 AM, Gregg said:

If the Ravens win it all then we get to hear all of the media "experts" say how LJ is a much better QB than Allen. That will happen if he becomes a Super Bowl champion. Mahomes has won. Jackson has a very good chance to win it. Burrow has been in a Super Bowl. We can wear our 4-time AFCE championship tee shirts with pride.

My wife surprised me with a "2023 AFC East Champions" tee shirt today, and seemed disappointed that I wasn't thrilled with it.  Sigh.

On 1/24/2024 at 7:52 AM, Gregg said:

I would be thrilled if Allen only wins one Super Bowl for the Buffalo Bills. Obviously, everyone would want them to win more but just to experience winning it once would be fantastic. It won't happen with McDermott. I wish Terry would grow a pair and make the move to Belichick, Harbaugh, or even Vrabel but he won't. I will throw this out there. Tomlin is going into his last year as Steelers coach next year. If he moves on from the Steelers and the Bills fail again in the playoffs (they will) with McDermott. Then if the opportunity is there then bring Mike here. He will build a tough team and a strong defense. Even though he only has one Super Bowl win it is still one more than McDermott.

Dude, he's worse than McD. Under no circumstances. They were actually duscussing him on WGR this am. Apparently he's not involved in the week to week gameplanming in any fashion. Then they joked, "So what's he do there, just come in on Sunday and tell them to punt?" And that's because hes like the most conservative coach in the NFL. He only got that SB from what Cowher built before him. No way. 

Edited by Bferra13

50 minutes ago, chongli said:

The Super Bowl is not the end all. 

I didn't used to think this way - but I'm closer to there than where I was before.

I'm just enjoying Bills football while we have someone as good as Allen.  It seems like he's too good to not get a shot or 2 at the big game - but if he doesn't, I don't want that to be the arbiter of whether I spent my time or emotions well. 

Just enjoy the moment, always.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.