So my girlfriend dumped me....

Austin Texas hmmmmm? Well, there's only two things that come from Austin boy, steers and coeds. Jump back in the saddle and never look back. I also really like Bill's suggestion of sending her a thank you. Some shrubbery and a nice card explaining how thankful you are that she gave you your life back will make you feel much better.

Whatever you do...no going back! If you start sniveling to us in a day or two about wanting her back you will be you will be drawn and quartered.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Austin Texas hmmmmm?  Well, there's only two things that come from Austin boy, steers and coeds.  Jump back in the saddle and never look back.  I also really like Bill's suggestion of sending her a thank you.  Some shrubbery and a nice card explaining how thankful you are that she gave you your life back will make you feel much better.

Whatever you do...no going back!  If you start sniveling to us in a day or two about wanting her back you will be you will be drawn and quartered.

356799[/snapback]

We'll see if S&R has learned a lesson from the tragic story of Ed.

Tell her that you need to have sex just one more time, tell her you need this

just to be sure that what you once had was real. Beg, plead, tell her she

owes you only this, as an act of compassion.

Once this happens, wait for climax and start shouting the name of her best

friend. Once your finished say......."I knew there was still a spark." *

*** I highly recommend not attempting this, but it does cross many men's minds.

I have heard a lot of stories and yours falls into a common category.

She's got someone else.

When a chick (with cats) has a boyfriend buying stuff for her she doesn't just dump him for no one. Chicks (with cats) don't work like that. She dumped you for another guy that she likes better. Of course, she won't tell you that because chicks (with cats) don't have what it takes to tell the truth straight up. Just like the friggin cats they have no sense of responsibility. So she made up the "no spark" cover story. The "no spark" BS was some Cosmo mag crap she was selling and you let her think you bought it. Now, you are better off.

If you two haven't had any kids consider yourself very fortunate and move on. This time find yourself a gal you likes dogs (big dogs) and hates cats. If she golfs or plays tennis even better. You'll be much happier in the long run.

Good luck ~

Dude... what this means is that she's met someone else who gives her the same feeling she had when she first met you. Plain and simple.

356792[/snapback]

Exactly what I was thinking. Plenty of other fish to bang though so chalk it up to experience.

Time for me to join the "Ed" club.  This is a TSW tradition so let's have at it.

So my girlfriend dumped me tonight.  Was she cheating on me?  No.  Was I cheating on her?  No.  Were there bedroom problems?  No.  Was I a jerk?  No.  Did her friends not like me?  No.

So why?  She said she didn't think we had a spark anymore.  Read that again slowly and try to take it all in.  No spark?  That doesn't even !@#$ing mean anything.  That's woman gibberish!  There was enough spark for her to let me buy her stuff and let me screw her but not enough to let me keep doing that.  How GD wonderful is that?  Her problem is that she didn't daydream about me and I, in what later turned out to be a mortal sin, admitted that I really didn't daydream about her too much either.  Yeah, I said I just looked forward to seeing her because I liked spending time with her (even when she was fully clothed, if you're wondering).  How awful of me.

I'm trying to figure out how much money and stupid crap I had to put up with during this relationship.  I mean, I put up with her cats.  Yes, that's CATS.  She had two, and the little bastards jumped on my nuts more than once when I was over there.

Please feel free to tell me how much I suck, how much women suck, and mainly how much I suck.  Help me understand why I would date a woman who lived with multiple cats.  Also, does anyone know how long I have to wait before I inquire about her single friends (many of whom thought I was cool and that she was an idiot)? 

This probably won't be a TSW classic because I'm not into the self-loathing thing (I'm an anger man, myself) but at least we can turn this into a friar's club roast of sorts.  We can all share in that fact that I am the latest victim of "girl logic" (the opposite of regular logic).

356727[/snapback]

The price you pay for being a young Republican! :doh:

Time for me to join the "Ed" club.  This is a TSW tradition so let's have at it.

I'm trying to figure out how much money and stupid crap I had to put up with during this relationship.  I mean, I put up with her cats.  Yes, that's CATS.  She had two, and the little bastards jumped on my nuts more than once when I was over there.

356727[/snapback]

LMAO! Dude were we dating the same chick. I just got dumped 2 weeks ago. She also had 2 cats. What girl has two damn cats. Apparently only psychos.

So my girlfriend dumped me tonight.  Was she cheating on me?  No.  Was I cheating on her?  No.  Were there bedroom problems?  No.  Was I a jerk?  No.  Did her friends not like me?  No.

So why?  She said she didn't think we had a spark anymore.  Read that again slowly and try to take it all in.  No spark?  That doesn't even !@#$ing mean anything.  That's woman gibberish!  There was enough spark for her to let me buy her stuff and let me screw her but not enough to let me keep doing that.  How GD wonderful is that?  Her problem is that she didn't daydream about me and I, in what later turned out to be a mortal sin, admitted that I really didn't daydream about her too much either.  Yeah, I said I just looked forward to seeing her because I liked spending time with her (even when she was fully clothed, if you're wondering).  How awful of me.

COLD HARD TRUTH, based off of observations from this post.

1. She found somebody else, no doubt

2. You kinda sound like a jerk. If you cared about the lady, you would never tell her you don't daydream about her. That is cold. Women need to hear that junk.

3. I'd lay cold hard cash down that if you are complaining about cash spent and cats to us, you b-tched about it to her too. Learn how to treat a lady. Don't belittle the things they love.

2. You kinda sound like a jerk. If you cared about the lady, you would never tell her you don't daydream about her. That is cold. Women need to hear that junk.

3. I'd lay cold hard cash down that if you are complaining about cash spent and cats to us, you b-tched about it to her too. Learn how to treat a lady. Don't belittle the things they love.

356843[/snapback]

Never expected such insightful words from Coach Dickerson! Nice post! ;)

356843[/snapback]

Whoop! Whoop! Whoop! Welcome to dude in phase 3 of whipped.

356843[/snapback]

You been hanging around Dupont Circle lately? ;)

I agree with banging every one of her friends that you can.  If she gets pissed, good.  Don't try and get back with her, just move on.

356828[/snapback]

But now he's going to find out that her friends just wanted him because he wasn't available. ;)

Whoop!  Whoop!  Whoop!  Welcome to dude in phase 3 of whipped.

356851[/snapback]

Yeah, whipped cream and more tongue. That's what you're saying isn't it? ;) CCD isn't whipped, he just likes to bring a different dimension into discussions. :huh: