Roster 2024

10 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

I actually feel pretty good about our Oline for once.  Hopefully Morse comes back.

Morse did say after the game he intends to come back. Minds change and there’s no guarantee, but he’s on contract and he seems like he wants one more go at it. O-Line was considerably better this year than any other Allen has played behind. I’d love to keep the consistency and add a quality backup in the later rounds of the draft if possible. 

The way that the youth on this team stepped up this season gives me a lot more hope going forward on both sides of the ball.

On offense:
Cook, Kincaid, Shakir, Torrence, and Brown all stepped up. Our offensive line looks to be a strength going forward rather than a liability. I even like what's in the pipeline behind the starters, with Ryan Van Demark at tackle and Alec Anderson at center looking like good depth and potential down-the-line starters. Going from having question marks at RB, TE1, slot WR, RG, and RT, to having all of those positions solidified represents a huge step forward for this offense.

Offensive needs going forward:
Add a dynamic young WR (Beane and McDermott's presser sure makes it seem like this will be a priority) and an RB2 and I'll feel really good about the offense in the immediate and long term.

On defense:
Ed Oliver had a breakout season (Chiefs game notwithstanding). Greg Rousseau, while not an elite top 5 Edge, is certainly a plus starter and is still young and improving. Terrel Bernard went from a GIANT question mark to looking like a potential All-Pro level linebacker. Christian Benford turned into a plus starter at cornerback, and I have faith that the Bills will be re-signing Rasul Douglas to a long term deal to remain in Buffalo. 

Defensive needs going forward:
With not many defensive linemen under contract for 2024, the Bills will have major work to do there. Safety will be the other position that may see huge turnover. It may be the end of an era in Buffalo, as both Hyde AND Poyer may be gone. It's possible the Bills envision Rapp as a long term replacement, but I'd bet there will be two new starters at the position next season. At linebacker, I expect Milano and Bernard to be a playmaking starting duo next year, though the team will likely look to improve the depth behind them. I believe the team is set at cornerback. They'll spend their usual late round pick on a corner or bring in a UDFA there, but they're pretty well set at that position. 

So...

Find a playmaking WR (ideally with your round 1 draft pick) and an RB2 on offense. Re-sign DaQuan Jones and, if you can afford it, Leonard Floyd on the defensive line. Fill the rest of the spots with draft picks or bargain depth. Identify and sign or draft two safeties (I have faith in McDermott on this one. Hyde and Poyer were both afterthought players when they signed here).

Big offseason ahead, but hitting on some draft picks the past couple seasons and having some youngsters step up sure gives the Bills a brighter outlook for 2024 and beyond.

• Like (+1) 1

Tre White may be physically able to get on the field by the start of the season, but I would be very surprised if he can actually be effective much before the end of the season.  An Achilles tear after recovering from his ACL tear seems like a lot to overcome.

26 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

Soooo Douglas is for sure back next year?  Love that dude 

He is under contract for 2024 although no guaranteed money …

I think he gets extended 2-3 years and they push out his cap hit next season which from memory is $8m 

29 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

Soooo Douglas is for sure back next year?  Love that dude 

He is under contract for next season.  I expect they'll extend him for a year or two, which if structured properly will lower his cap hit in 2024.  I expect extensions for Dawkins, Taron Johnson, and maybe Morse. 

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

He is under contract for next season.  I expect they'll extend him for a year or two, which if structured properly will lower his cap hit in 2024.  I expect extensions for Dawkins, Taron Johnson, and maybe Morse. 

Not Morse … I think a chance he is not back in 2024 

25 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

Morse already said he wants to come back next season.  I don't see a long-term extension, but they could easily add another year 

He said he wants to come back … if they will have him .. I could see them moving in another direction to save some money in 2024 …

He has been a good guy for them  over the years but maybe it’s time to move on ..you gotta try to cut some corners somewhere ..

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFan said:

Morse already said he wants to come back next season.  I don't see a long-term extension, but they could easily add another year 

Those shirtless pictures of a recently retired Center, whose name shall not be mentioned, would cause every professional to stay another year. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.