Johnson clears protocol, Bernard not expected to play

Process

5 minutes ago, WNYFAN1 said:

Ok, so is it 7 tbis? 9? 11?

"returns to work" is a profession that immediately puts him at risk for another tbi.

most of the folks here are not doctors or brain experts. 

we have a gentleman that wants to play football and knows it is high risk in a number of ways. I hope that his doctors give him fair and accurate information regarding both his current state, his potential risks and even whether they think it’s a good decision. I also hope once he reaches the established benchmarks he has some say whether or not he’s ready. Most importantly I hope he heals quickly and can make those decisions when he’s ready- which seems to be today. 

I don’t feel like I should make those choices for him. Frankly if it’s purely medically driven no one should ever be on the field. So now we are left with I hope he heals quickly and I hope he makes choices for his future that are informed and comfortable for he and his loved ones.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, WNYFAN1 said:

Ok, so is it 7 tbis? 9? 11?

"returns to work" is a profession that immediately puts him at risk for another tbi.

The protocol addresses the severity of the injury, whether it’s concussion one or six.

Football players work in a profession that puts that at health risk day one.

I’m not sure what you find cringy.   Is it the risk in the game, the medical protocols built around the risk, or the radio personalities praying he recovers quickly and clears protocol?

Im trying to follow you.  I believe you called the personalities praying for the best “cringy”, but your real beef is with a collision sport that puts men at risk.  Go Bills.  Get well, all.

Bills lead the league in starting undersized LB's. This results in frequent injuries during the year. (Milano has NEVER played a complete season). It's only going to get worse. RB's and OL are getting larger and faster. Bills linebackers continue to shrink in size. It's great for speed, but means the Bills will need to keep the AJ Klein's of the world on speed dial. Go Bills..    

2 hours ago, McMuffin said:

Shoot, the Raiders beat them at Arrowhead with a QB that only completed 1 pass the whole game.  We can do it!!!

KC is arguably the most overrated, not worst, but overrated team in the playoffs.  

They've been playing .500 ball for over two months.  The only playoff team that they've beaten all season is Miami.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Mango said:

That’s remarkable. From a pure fandom perspective I’m glad he is a go. 

From a human perspective, this is this guys 5th concussion of his career and he can play in 6 days? Nobody in the NFL gives a shirt about player health or safety, and the independent neuro’s must be on  the take.

I’’d like to throw down here the part that the players hold in all this.

A concussion is not like a broken bone or a torn ligament.  You can’t usually see it on x-ray or MRI - a significant trauma with a subdural bleed but that’s relatively rare.

How do you know a player has a concussion?

1) they accurately report symptoms

2) they gave an honest effort on their baseline testing so post-concussion testing shows cognitive defecits

”The independent neurologists must be on the take”, way to slander medical professionals.  Why would they be “on the take”?    What would be the benefit to their careers and professional reputations if they cleared a player who is reporting symptoms or who didn’t pass his baseline testing?

And way to dodge the elephant in the room - the responsibility players have for their own health and safety, and the fact that they really really really want to play and that some will shade baseline tests and minimize symptoms towards that goal.  

Hopefully Taron Johnson has not done this and is legitimately cleared to play.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.